Roof leak

Unfortunately I have a roof leak. I noticed this spot in my garage less than a month ago and had no idea what the hell it was. DFW has had a lot of rain lately so it's getting bigger and bigger. I went up into the attic and the affected area is really difficult to navigate but I can sort of see where water is coming through. Not sure if it's a flashing issue, loose nail, etc.

I had a roofer come by to do some masonry work on a stone crack but that didn't do anything. He's really focused on me getting a brand new roof which I'm not sure I need (maybe I do? I don't know shit about home insurance or roofing). The property was built in 2018. Can't it just be repaired? Do I really need a whole new roof? My deductible is $3k but I don't even know if insurance will pay for a new roof.

Pic of the spot this afternoon. The brown portion in the middle is soaked wall from today's rain. As you can tell it's causing the paint to peel off. It's about as tall as a Dr Pepper can. I threw in a hook em because why not.

20230514_164432.jpg

14 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

No way you need a new roof if your house was built in 2018 unless it has suffered hail damage or was a completely worthless job when it was built.  

We had some hail about a month ago but it wasn't much. Roofer mentioned there were some spots that you could tell it hailed and said something about traffic marks "the kind you see when someone is on the roof to install Christmas lights" but we've never had that done.

7 minutes ago, baboso said:

Halfway down a wall is an odd place for a roof leak to expose itself.  I wish I had a recommendation for a good, honest roofer, but they are few and far between.

Yes they are.  Hail chasers don’t do repairs.  Real roofing contractors do.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, baboso said:

Halfway down a wall is an odd place for a roof leak to expose itself.  I wish I had a recommendation for a good, honest roofer, but they are few and far between.

There are signs of more water damage in the corner of the photo but it seems to be collecting in that one middle spot on the wall. Paint is peeling in that corner but it's not as pronounced as that portion of the wall. I originally thought it was a pipe leaking but that wall is between the entry way and garage where no pipe should be anyway. Last night's rain proved it to be the roof.