2023 PGA Championship @ Oak Hill

smwhorn

11 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

Here are the lofts on Bryson's irons vs. "std" lofts of Titleist T100. 4iron 16/24, 5 iron 19.5/27, 6 iron 21.5/30, 7 iron 25/34, 8 iron 30/38, 9 iron 35/42 and PW 40/46  His numbers mean nothing. I remember Nicklaus' 1 iron being 17 deg.....

The distance differences should be more pronounced on his short irons than long irons. BDC’s shafts are all 37.5” which is the standard length for a 6 or 7 iron. So his short irons have both stronger lofts but also longer shafts. On his long irons, the loft differences will be less effecting  because of the  shorter than normal shafts. 

Edited by TonyTexas
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

The distance differences should be more pronounced on his short irons than long irons. BDC’s shafts are all 37.5” which is the standard length for a 6 or 7 iron. So his short irons have both stronger lofts but also longer shafts. On his long irons, the loft differences will be less effecting  because of the  shorter than normal shafts. 

Yeah, many years ago Tommy Armour put out a set where all the shafts were the length of a 7iron.  They were also stronger lofted too.

Not sure if any current clubmakers offer sets with same length shafts anymore...

4 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Yeah, many years ago Tommy Armour put out a set where all the shafts were the length of a 7iron.  They were also stronger lofted too.

Not sure if any current clubmakers offer sets with same length shafts anymore...

Cobra has a whole line of them. 

• Like 1

Whether Viktor Hovland, who enters the final round trailing by one stroke, wins the Wanamaker Trophy or not this week at the 105th PGA Championship at Oak Hill is still to be determined, but if he does so it may be due to his secret weapon: Edoardo Molinari.

That would be the older brother of British Open champion Francesco Molinari, a former U.S. Amateur champion, three-time DP World Tour champion and European Ryder Cupper, who is serving as an assistant captain later this year in his native Italy.

Molinari also is an engineer by trade and his keen use of stats made him a trailblazer in the use of data analytics in golf. It also has led to the creation of a business that is helping some of the game’s top players learn their strengths and weaknesses, strategy and course management and how to practice more effectively. Among his students who rely on his advanced data analytics are reigning U.S. Open winner Matt Fitzpatrick, Thomas Pieters and Hovland.

No one below Rory has a chance in a million years. And I don't think Rory has any realistic shot other than he came back down 5 in at the Tour Championship last year and shot a 64 at Augusta on Sunday 5* majors ago. 

Edited by ztejas

Just now, ztejas said:

No one below Rory has a chance in a million years. And I don't think Rory has any realistic shot other than he came back down 5 in at the Tour Championship last year and shot a 64 at Augusta on Sunday 4 majors ago. 

Probably right, but JT came back from 7 shots in a past PGA.  Really hope Scottie gets hot today... 

2 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Probably right, but JT came back from 7 shots in a past PGA.  Really hope Scottie gets hot today... 

He did - but the top of that leaderboard didn't really instill fear and that was an easier track. 

Plus, none of these guys are JT. I'd give someone at E a shot if they were a stud and it wasn't a 4 time major winner at -6.

But uhhh... Michael Block and Justin Suh? Thanks for playing, guys - here's a check. 

Edited by ztejas

13 minutes ago, ztejas said:

No one below Rory has a chance in a million years. And I don't think Rory has any realistic shot other than he came back down 5 in at the Tour Championship last year and shot a 64 at Augusta on Sunday 4 majors ago. 

Pretty strong group as ztejas says...

Screenshot_20230521-110947_kindlephoto-99200.png.2f8f527e77fbcf764d55f31f5a63be1d.png

Zero chance the winner isn’t starting the day under par. I’d be really surprised if it’s not one of the guys at -5 or -6. The early returns look like the course will be gettable. I think -8 gets you in a playoff -9 to win. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, heso said:

Zero chance the winner isn’t starting the day under par. I’d be really surprised if it’s not one of the guys at -5 or -6. The early returns look like the course will be gettable. I think -8 gets you in a playoff -9 to win. 

Scottie is 4 back...   -2

7ml248.gif

18 hours ago, Blotto said:

Whoever told Amanda to start covering up her rack, they need to be shot. 

Not just the rack, a couple of weeks ago I saw her wearing a pantsuit, ala Hillary.  Are you kidding, CBS?  You don't want more viewers?

By the time the leaders get out there the course will have dried up enough to limit the possibilities of a 65, imo.  That one dude already scored a 31 on the back nine.  Anybody who is now playing the first 4 or 5 holes has a chance at a 65, imo.  

4 minutes ago, JGrayDBU said:

By the time the leaders get out there the course will have dried up enough to limit the possibilities of a 65, imo.  That one dude already scored a 31 on the back nine.  Anybody who is now playing the first 4 or 5 holes has a chance at a 65, imo.  

7ml8ai.jpg.fb6a09ba574c24a4a513271a5b571ec4.jpg

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, JGrayDBU said:

Cam Smith is -4 through 6

11 minutes ago, JGrayDBU said:

Yeah with conditions today, shooting a 65 and possibly even a 64 are within reach... 

8 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

Cam Smith is -4 through 6

And really interesting how CBS has a preset list of things to cover and refuses to show any further updates on a guy that is white hot like Cameron. 

They showed one tiny highlight of him, and that's it....just ignore the fact he has so many birdies. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, JGrayDBU said:

Really interesting how CBS has a preset list of things to cover and refuses to show updates on a guy that is white hot like Cameron. They showed one tiny highlight of him, and that's it....just ignore the fact he has so many birdies. 

I hear more coverage of Cam is available during LIV golf tournaments on the CW. 😋

35 minutes ago, JGrayDBU said:

And really interesting how CBS has a preset list of things to cover and refuses to show any further updates on a guy that is white hot like Cameron. 

They showed one tiny highlight of him, and that's it....just ignore the fact he has so many birdies. 

they got the green jacket crew to along with a LIV embargo, the PGA will obviously cooperate