NFL Experimenting with Exclusive Live Streaming Playoff Game This Season

Vic Mackey

So the NFL is hellbent on putting America's favorite sport in the shitter because Goodell can only afford a handful of vacation homes and has trouble joining the Yacht club?

Good! Fuck em. CFB is already the better product, having the competition eliminating itself is just icing on the cake.

• Like 1

Better product? Your very minority opinion. As for being fucked up, CFB is navigating very dangerous waters of its own besides the craziness of TV revenue and transmission technology. The unrestricted issues of the portal and NIL will add more instability.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

I was just gonna say at least it's not Amazon.  Their stream of Thursday games is always shitty.  I don't understand how the company who runs AWS can't figure out how to stream game live.

Edited by kevwun

14 hours ago, markstanco said:

Not entirely true.

If you are in the local market you can watch on nbc in traditional methods.

Yes, that is true but this only applies to a small portion of the country. The rest won't be able to see it unless they get Peacock. 

At what point is the Super Bowl going to be exclusively streamed? A decade from now. Seems this is the way sports is headed. With college football, ESPN took full control of the bowl games and playoffs where the national championship and all the big bowl games were on free OTA channels. That was a big deal when it happened. This would be the next logical step.

Sports in general are becoming more of a pain to watch as the years go by, especially the local sports. I used to be able to watch the Mavs, Stars, Rangers, FC Dallas on free OTA channels. Then they all moved to Fox Sports Southwest. No real biggie there, as Fox Sports SW was carried by every cable/satellite/streaming outlet. Now? Bally Sports, who is only carried by Bally themselves for a monthly fee or you have to subscribe to the only streaming outlet who carries Bally, which is DirecTV Stream. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, ChickenSandwich said:

It’s essentially PayPerView as many will sign up for the game and cancel after a month (if they remember). 

People will convince themselves they'll use it for other shows only to spend $10/month (or whatever it is) for nothing. Kinda like my 5 year old gym membership...

• Like 1

I got Paycock to watch the occasional Chelsea FC match.  I've been paying $60/yr for about 4 soccer matches and access to re-runs of The Office that I never think to watch.

I'm glad they're doing this, because when they double the price, I'll be motivated to cancel.

• Like 1

I got Paycock to watch the occasional Chelsea FC match.  I've been paying $60/yr for about 4 soccer matches and access to re-runs of The Office that I never think to watch.
I'm glad they're doing this, because when they double the price, I'll be motivated to cancel.
I just wonder where the breaking point is with all these streaming apps continuing to raise prices across the board. It's becoming overkill. Some of those are not going to be worth the price they want.
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:
9 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

I just wonder where the breaking point is with all these streaming apps continuing to raise prices across the board. It's becoming overkill. Some of those are not going to be worth the price they want.

I think Netflix is seeing their breaking point. Shit is becoming more expensive than cable.

Edited by BurntOrange&White
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1