Texas at Alabama to be 6pm on ESPN

Pancho

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

I enjoy these kinds of threads because I never know whether I should be pissed or concerned until I read all of the dramatic comments about why whatever time selected is harmful for us as UT fans. 

My only thought is of previous big night games under Sark. Specifically, Arkansas and TCU. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, closetojumping said:

You are one sick sonofabitch, I'll give you that.

Like both of those, I'll be at this one. The key difference is I expect to be taunting an entire stadium until they remove me from my seats as Texas is up by 3 touchdowns in the 4th.

I love you, man!

34 minutes ago, smwhorn said:

I'm wondering if any of the University of Texas fans attending the game in Tuscaloosa will be intoxicated by 6:00 pm that evening.

All the Texas grads/fans I know are teetotalers, so I am sure no one will have consumed any alcoholic beverages by 6.

None of us have ever been known to swear or chase women, either.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, mdmost said:

Night away game against one of the biggest names in CFB, what's not to love? 

Didn't you mean to say ... "Night away game against a home team playing one of the biggest names in CFB, what's not to love?"

• Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, closetojumping said:

You are one sick sonofabitch, I'll give you that.

Like both of those, I'll be at this one. The key difference is I expect to be taunting an entire stadium until they remove me from my seats as Texas is up by 3 touchdowns in the 4th.

Im not sure I am used to an optimistic CTJ. It just doesn’t feel right 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Bama is pretty well fucked for this game. Lost a ton of talent and they don’t have the depth to reload as usual. No scholarship QBs on the roster at the moment either from what I heard. Will be fun to watch.

Great. We are fucking doomed 

14 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Bama is pretty well fucked for this game. Lost a ton of talent and they don’t have the depth to reload as usual. No scholarship QBs on the roster at the moment either from what I heard. Will be fun to watch.

Thought we had a chance in this one, but now I'm going with Bama by 3 TDs.

Edited by OU Sucks
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Will this be on in Bandera?

Does anyone still have that coverage map?  75% of the country designated for the Texas game with a thin peninsula extending to exactly cover Bandera with some shitty big 10 matchup of something like Purdue/Iowa.  That had to be 15 years ago- who was that mad genius that did that, I assume he made it over here.

37 minutes ago, Herpa Derpa said:

True fans know you gotta prepare for the season by building up your all-day drinking ability ahead of time. I'm gonna work on mine this weekend.

Gotta respect people who are just tryna make the world a better place . . . .

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Helobious said:

Bama is pretty well fucked for this game. Lost a ton of talent & don’t have the depth to reload.  No scholarship QBs on the roster at the moment either from what I heard.  Will be fun to watch.

n7FRQL.gif

Edited by LTtxfan
  • Haha 1

Jesus God, 6 is so much better than 11 fuckin a.m. As a great coach once said, “There’ll be some snot knockin in the old okra patch that night.” Or something like that.

The shades of Royal and Bryant will be roaming around, causing field goals to hook and passes to be dropped. Weird shit will occur. Nobis and Namath will reenact the goal line play from ‘65 Orange Bowl. Many penalties will actually be called (Big 12 refs?). Or not.

Horns fans will shower Dallas Turner with Bevo manure. The Minister of Culture will get arrested before the game even starts.

2-7-1. Gotta work on it, Bama. Even it up at least before I croak.

Thanks OP for giving us something to visualize.

• Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, Bama Llama said:

Jesus God, 6 is so much better than 11 fuckin a.m. As a great coach once said, “There’ll be some snot knockin in the old okra patch that night.” Or something like that.

The shades of Royal and Bryant will be roaming around, causing field goals to hook and passes to be dropped. Weird shit will occur. Nobis and Namath will reenact the goal line play from ‘65 Orange Bowl. Many penalties will actually be called (Big 12 refs?). Or not.

Horns fans will shower Dallas Turner with Bevo manure. The Minister of Culture will get arrested before the game even starts.

2-7-1. Gotta work on it, Bama. Even it up at least before I croak.

Thanks OP for giving us something to visualize.

Big 12 refs will be an advantage for y’all.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 2

6 minutes ago, MotownHorn said:

As a fan that’s an awesome time for the gwme

As a Texas fan it’s sort of bullshit that our home game was at 11 and theirs is at night. But whatever. It don’t make a shit.

We should join a conference with better TV partners.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1