Being a shithead in a Sonic parking lot? That's a blasting, by 12 yo with AR type rifle.

crash_davis

You can't make up this shit. It's fucking bizarro world.

https://www.fox5vegas.com/2023/05/16/12-year-old-texas-boy-among-2-arrested-after-fatal-shooting-sonic-restaurant/

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/boy-arrested-for-murder-keene-texas-sonic-worker-shooting

Police charged a 12-year-old boy with murder after he allegedly shot and killed a Sonic employee in north central Texas, authorities said Sunday. 

The boy and a 20-year-old, Angel Gomez, arrived at a Sonic Drive-In in Keene, Texas, on Saturday night, police said. Sonic employee Matthew Davis, 32, confronted Gomez after he allegedly became disorderly in the parking lot. The argument escalated and became physical. 

The 12-year-old boy, who was a passenger in Gomez's vehicle, allegedly pulled out a gun and repeatedly fired at Davis, the Keen Police Department wrote on Facebook. The boy used an AR-style weapon and fired at least six rounds at Davis, CBS affiliate KTVT reported.

Gomez and the unnamed juvenile suspect, who are both from Fort Worth, then left the scene. 

Davis was lying in the parking lot when officers arrived at around 9:40 p.m. Saturday, police and the Johnson County Sheriff's Office said. He had suffered multiple gunshot wounds and was having a hard time breathing. Davis was flown to a hospital where he was rushed into surgery, but he died from his injuries. 

Police said Gomez returned to the Sonic after the deadly shooting and was arrested on murder charges. Officers found the juvenile in Rio Vista, about 15 miles away, and took the 12-year-old boy into custody on murder charges. They also recovered several firearms. 

Here's the asshat causing the disturbance and I assume the owner of the rifle.

5ABWX3CJTNEYDMK7B4OV232RHU.jpg

• Rage+1 1

7 minutes ago, High Plains Drifter said:

why was the 12 yr old arrested? Sounds like he was defending the life of his friend.

plus, if the Sonic employee also had an AR rifle, this could've all be avoided. Obviously the Sonic employees fault.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, TKthunder2 said:

This is just a straight up single homicide. This board will get pretty full if we just start thread every time on of those happens. It’s like some of you want to desensitize people by sensationalizing gun violence.

we'll just save new threads for every 12 year old with an M-16

The Gun Owners thread does not want to raise the age to buy assault rifles to 21 because 18-20 year olds will find a way to get them anyways.

I think this is clear evidence that even 12 year olds can get them, so in the spirit of being good Texans, we should go ahead and lower the age to at least 12, probably even 10 for safe measure. All 10 year olds should be able to legally buy an AR-15.

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

I'm guessing the 12 year old thought it was okay to use an assault rifle to settle an argument because he had access to a loaded assault rifle.  Humans tend to deal with conflict with whatever is available.  Hence the expression "at hand" exists in every language on the planet for tens of thousands of years.  Unsecured military-grade firepower happens to be our jam.  

To get totally political, let me show you this hyper-partisan clip of a violent conflict regarding Sonic tater tots:

14 hours ago, TKthunder2 said:

This is just a straight up single homicide. This board will get pretty full if we just start thread every time on of those happens. It’s like some of you want to desensitize people by sensationalizing gun violence.

Yup. 12 year-olds gunning down folks with an assault rifle is an every day occurrence in Texas and not at all worthy of the news or a thread. Nothing sensational at all about this event. 

fair point on the weapon system differential.  But both accidental and intentional shootings using myriad firearms by kids aged 7-17 in Texas are a near daily occurrence.  

And yes, my thoughts and prayers are with the people of New Delhi, which is cleaner than regular Delhi.  

The Gun Owners thread does not want to raise the age to buy assault rifles to 21 because 18-20 year olds will find a way to get them anyways.

I think this is clear evidence that even 12 year olds can get them, so in the spirit of being good Texans, we should go ahead and lower the age to at least 12, probably even 10 for safe measure. All 10 year olds should be able to legally buy an AR-15.

I don’t think that’s true. I, the resident arms dealer, have mentioned multiple times that I favor that.

But it doesn’t matter if we don’t alter other laws. You don’t want to hear that I know - but it just doesn’t matter.

When many of ya’ll talk about common sense gun reform and then in another breath speak of getting rid of them all - you’re clarifying your real intent and I am starting to appreciate that more and more.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3
  • Fuck You 3

16 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

Yup. 12 year-olds gunning down folks with an assault rifle is an every day occurrence in Texas and not at all worthy of the news or a thread. Nothing sensational at all about this event. 

You’re right, the “that’s a blasting” in the title is totally not sarcastic commentary on gun safety laws. Which law was weak here that we should strengthen? The laws already forbid just about everything that occurred here.

By by highlighting this as a gun violence issue in the same vain as a mass shooting and being tongue and cheek/flippant many of you are alienating those in the middle that might be will to actually listen to your arguments and support reform in exchange for trying to irritate or ignore the other side.

Trying to win feel good points no matter the cost is exactly how we end up with stupid people representing us in an ineffective government.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Fuck You 5

3 minutes ago, TKthunder2 said:

You’re right, the “that’s a blasting” in the title is totally not sarcastic commentary on gun safety laws.

Of course it is. 

Which law was weak here that we should strengthen? The laws already forbid just about everything that occurred here.

That's easy. The practical laws limiting/regulating the sell and distribution of firearms. As designed, our current laws aren't well suited for prevented events or preventing irresponsible people from owning guns. Rather, they are designed to punish those that use firearms irresponsibly after the fact.  

By by highlighting this as a gun violence issue in the same vain as a mass shooting and being tongue and cheek/flippant many of you are alienating those in the middle that might be will to actually listen to your arguments and support reform in exchange for trying to irritate or ignore the other side.

Trying to win feel good points no matter the cost is exactly how we end up with stupid people representing us in an ineffective government.

If this thread alienates you from wanting better gun safety regulation, then I'll posit you don't really care about gun safety regulation.

At any rate, I think the "that's a blasting" meme is more about the violent culture that has developed around gun ownership, a culture that didn't really exist 50 years ago, or at least wasn't as ubiquitous and popular among gun owners.  

• Hook 'Em 5

12 minutes ago, TKthunder2 said:

You’re right, the “that’s a blasting” in the title is totally not sarcastic commentary on gun safety laws. Which law was weak here that we should strengthen? The laws already forbid just about everything that occurred here.

we live in a bankrupt culture.  we're highlighting that.

• Hook 'Em 5