Being a shithead in a Sonic parking lot? That's a blasting, by 12 yo with AR type rifle.

crash_davis

22 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

People can be drafted there.   That’s the rub. 

Yes. They can be. That doesn't mean they should be allowed to do anything or everything. We don't allow them to drive a car without a license (or insurance). Rental car companies don't allow them to rent a car. They don't automatically have the right to a legal license, a medical license, or commercial driver's license. They aren't allowed to run for President. They aren't allowed to serve in the Senate. And they aren't even allowed to serve in the House. 

19 minutes ago, Don Johnson said:

Is the 24 year old rental car thing a law or a policy for some of the rental car companies?

What does it matter? Again, why does their ability to be drafted imply they should also be allowed to own guns? 

Edited by Dahobbs

12 minutes ago, Don Johnson said:

Is the 24 year old rental car thing a law or a policy for some of the rental car companies?

Policy, and they used to waive it if it was an insurance claim, no idea if they still do, but your regular 19 year old can’t walk in, plunk down a credit card and proof of insurance, and walk off the lot with a mustang convertible.

3 hours ago, B00M said:

So they’re citizens, adults, they can serve in the military, they can vote for politicians that vote for war, they’re more likely than any other group to be a victim of crime, but they can’t own any gun until 25? 

yes.   Also, what is the typical age of a weapon wielding criminal?  

3 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

Policy, and they used to waive it if it was an insurance claim, no idea if they still do, but your regular 19 year old can’t walk in, plunk down a credit card and proof of insurance, and walk off the lot with a mustang convertible.

Fun fact:

Enterprise Rental Cars is one of the largest employers for new college graduates (hence their sponsorship of so many college sporting events).  Their management training program at the branch level employs literally tens of thousands of new graduates every single year.  But those assistant branch managers can't rent cars from their own company since most of them are ~23yo.

Not so fun fact:

The simulation is angry at us.  So we're probably a few months away from a 18-21 year old shooting up a car rental place because they wouldn't rent him a Ford Focus for the weekend.  But at least we'll shift the conversation from bullet caliber to "Hey, maybe the optional insurance will cover the burial expenses.  And hey, he pre-paid for the gas at least."  

17 minutes ago, royiv said:

The draft argument is a really dumb one, but it’s really shooting to the top of the charts lately. Last time I checked, there hasn’t been a soul drafted in this country in 50 years.

Thanks goodness for jobless 18 year olds. 

47 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

Easy fix

vegas-vacation-nick-papagiorgio.gif

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, B00M said:

So they’re citizens, adults, they can serve in the military, they can vote for politicians that vote for war, they’re more likely than any other group to be a victim of crime, but they can’t own any gun until 25? 

and when they are in the military, they aren't given a fucking loaded gun to carry in their car.  They are under STRICT supervision at all times.  They handle the gun extensively before they are allowed to fire it.  They are trained up the fucking asshole before they ever fire a round.  Their issued rifle is locked away in an armory when they aren't under the direct supervision of their superiors. So take that argument and stick it right up your asshole. 

Edited by Gil Bang
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, Deej said:

Easy fix

vegas-vacation-nick-papagiorgio.gif

To be fair, he wasn’t renting those cars, he owned them.  Now, he’s probably gonna have some issues on the back end with titles, taxes, registration, and insurance, but movies are allowed a little poetic license.

7 hours ago, royiv said:

That's not a badge of honor, friendo.

Yeah, I've got a lot of a criticisms of both parties (many more of one than the other, of course), but if you can't figure out where you stand vis a vis the two existing parties in modern America, that's a you thing, not a them thing.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Drool 1

2 hours ago, Dahobbs said:

What does it matter? 

Because you used it as a comparison to a proposed law, and those companies would abandon that policy in a second if it helped their bottom line. And I never said a thing about being drafted. 

I’m not against it, per se, but just can’t think of any age restrictions above 21 in this country.  I wish we could put a 24 year old age restriction on about 100 other things as well. 

That said, there are millions of 23 year olds that fully support themselves, live on their own, have families, etc. 

• Hook 'Em 1

There are lots of things you can't do until past 21, even up to 25.  

Hold federal office, adopt a child, rent a car, be a commercial airline pilot, be a driving instructor, get a CHL in some states, operate a pot dispensary, donate sperm, certain motor vehicle class licenses, volunteer for the UN, and about ten thousand private and public sector jobs which will not allow anyone under 25 to hold that post.  

On top of that, there are tens of thousands of state and municipal laws that allow "financial discrimination" by private sector of people between 18-25.  Even if some of those "rights" are 'constitutionally protected.'  Hotels can charge more, insurance companies can charge more, banks can charge higher interest rates, car loans can be higher, credit rating agencies can bump them down just for being of a certain age, even property owners can rightfully refuse to lease them a rental just because of their age.  

For the very simple reason, men 18-25 are fucking morons.  How some of you don't fucking remember this, nor our constitution is fucking beyond me.  They literally discussed, "Well, many of us will only live to be 50...you still want to set age limits at 25 or 35 for federal office?"  And they all agreed, "Fuck yes, i'm 28 right now and I'm still fucking balls out crazy."  Then they wrote the Bill of Rights and didn't add an age restriction to the 2A because we needed every abled bodied boy above 12 to grab a musket and get to Anglicide.  

Edited by YGIFS
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Don Johnson said:

I’m not against it, per se, but just can’t think of any age restrictions above 21 in this country.

I literally just gave you some. President, senate, house. All require ages 25 or above. 

The rest of your post all ignores that I was primarily responding to someone other than you. Go read the rest of the conversation. 

Edited by Dahobbs
  • Hook 'Em 2

35 minutes ago, Don Johnson said:

Because you used it as a comparison to a proposed law, and those companies would abandon that policy in a second if it helped their bottom line. And I never said a thing about being drafted. 

I’m not against it, per se, but just can’t think of any age restrictions above 21 in this country.  I wish we could put a 24 year old age restriction on about 100 other things as well. 

That said, there are millions of 23 year olds that fully support themselves, live on their own, have families, etc. 

And speaking of the military and age.  Other than some old-timey battlefield commissions, you have to be well over 25 to make O-3.  Well over 30 to make O-4.  And so on...and I think those are government employed people with big guns protecting our 2A freedoms.  Never mind the E-xx rates.  

In addition to ages, we also have lots and lots of robust background and mental health screenings for many of the aforementioned rights and jobs.  

I know Fondren&Main and Handcruser expressed very deep and sincere concern for my mental health.  I've completed a number of background checks by the FBI, DPS, and UT System Police Force for myriad jobs.  And for the last two years, at the request of the U.S. Dept. of the Navy and the U.S. Dept. of the Air Force (as well as NOAA and NASA), I had to undergo serious mental health screenings by DIA and DCSA.  Deep, serious shit.  And that's so I can just look at satellite images of ocean water.  But I'm totally free to open carry military-grade weapons into the clinic where I gave the blood for it without any oversight whatsoever.  They did think it was really cool that I got this new biometric pistol from a former CO of JSOC.  That scored me some points. 

But if you really think everybody over 21 can be whatever the fuck they want in America, you haven't been paying attention.   

6 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

The truth will set you free.  Remember that when you repeat the same little white lies you seem so fond of on the next thread.  Like the last 50 threads. And yea, 30mm and A-10s.   How about barrels shorter than 16".  Shotguns without buttstocks.  Any other of the dozens of benign rules that don't help paint your picture of reasonable.

I'm nit picking hyperbole that's being expressly used to sway political opinion, from someone who ABSOLUTELY AND UNEQUIVICALLY knows the difference, and knows what they are doing.  I would think purposely LYING would be considered shitposting, but I get it, he's on your team.  Aren't you against JuSt AsKiNg QuEsTiOnS types of bullshit clouding discussions?   

Yes a child used an AR15 that was on his buddies seat.  The same child would have used whatever firearm was on that seat, full stop.   But him using an old 870 or 9mm doesn't paint the right picture of a child with a SA rifle shooting up the Sonic.  

@DigglerontheHoof love you too.  All going to be made up on the gun thread sweetheart. 

Lulz wtf...

spacer.png

• Haha 1

Well, All the time you spend trying to get back what's been took from you, more is going out the door.  After awhile you just have to try to get a tourniquet on it.  

Eventually we gotta try something.  We didn't just stop at the Model-T and think, "no point in traffic laws or safety requirements, too many cars already on the road."  Somehow we and the new Oldsmobiles are still here.  

7 hours ago, wild_turkey said:

I'd rather live in a country with 20m ARs floating around than live in a country 10 years from now with 30m ARs floating around.

This whole argument about "We've already sold too many ARs so why stop now?" is the biggest fucking bullshit of all. It's basically admitting defeat as a society and allowing all of our prior shortcomings to dictate our future. Fuck off with that shit.

Sunk cost fallacy. 

• Hook 'Em 1

^good term for it.  

"Well, any new measures would mean they're coming for our 20mm AR-15's!"

-No, all existing legal purchases would remain in the hands of the owners.  

"Ah-ha, so you're gonna make a registry of all us owners!"

-No, these measures would be geared towards new sales and illegal sales.

"Well what's the point, there's already 20mm AR-15's out there.  What's a few more in the name of Freedoms?!?!?"

-We gotta start somewhere so as to make a small dent in mass shooting deaths in places like churches, stores, and malls where people just happen to have to be.

"What about Chicago?!?!?!?"

-Again, that's mostly, almost completely, gang-on-gang violence that doesn't really permeate out into school hours

"FERAL HOGS!"

Two things on my obviously bizarre internal dialogue:

1.  We go through all the same tropes on every shooting thread.  I'm guilty of it, we all are.  But none of us really pauses to think, "Same bullshit arguments from the other side, every single week!"  If it feels like we've had dragged these same, tired cliche arguments dozens of times...maybe that alone should make us realize, "Oh, I guess every time I get annoyed at somebody's weak discourse...it's because another dozen people buried their kids.  Weird coincidence."

2.  I propose we retire the term "mental gymnastics" when offering critique of a policy position we don't agree with.  I just saw another tub of shit, cosplay incel near the Capitol yesterday open carrying (totally legal, not saying he was up to anything bad) who is right in the Armalite target market (pun intended) who looked like he had a hard time pushing the walk button at the stoplight.  And while waiting on green, I realized, while he is definitely "Mental" in the British sense...there is nothing about this guy that suggests "Gymnastics" other than he'd probably molest some young vaulters if given the chance.  

Y'all have a good Friday.  My background check from the Five Eyes came back tip-top yesterday.  And there'll be two mass shootings this weekend not in Chicago.  Stay tuned.

This is America, motherfucka.  Thursday is "You're on your own Day!"  Strap the fuck up!

Monday is Mental Health Day.

And I think Tuesday or Wednesday of next week will make one year from Uvalde.  With any luck, the anniversary news and tributes will make at least one of those officers swallow a bullet so at least we can mark the occasion with some good news and a half-off Sonic Blast.  

So…left a loaded gun near kids, apparently a round in the chamber with safety off (or a Glock?), randomly in a sofa, walking around shirtless and then seemingly firing it again picking it up?  What the FUCK.  

I only have a couple rifles, shotguns and a Ruger .22 pistol that were handed down to me.  They’re in a gun safe, unloaded with the only ammo a box of bird shot, and the key is in a lockbox in my closet…and I’m still wondering if I should even have them.  

I bet this shit happens all the time but only gets reported when someone dies or calls the cops.  Those parents should lose their guns, kids in temporary foster care, and broadcast their faces nightly on the news…but

image.gif.be38a0d073b1b1b90380d226333f1aaa.gif

So he gets 10 days jail time and a $150 fine

https://www.ksat.com/news/local/2023/04/12/video-shows-child-shooting-gun-found-in-couch-cushion-man-pleads-guilty-to-charges-in-case/

Also says the safety and magazine ordinances are being challenged by multiple lawsuits.  Because of course 

Edited by Homercles

That last screenshot still should be on a billboard on every highway entering Ohio.  

"Ohio.  Sure this is questionable parenting, but at least the kid wasn't reading no queer as books.  So the boy stays!"  

And just questioning the insanity level of those moronic parents is to many, an indication all guns are to be rounded up by a tyrannical government.  Kinda hard to take up arms against an oppressive regime when you're trying to pry your weapon from your kid's cold, dead hand.

I think the mom was at least half pit-bull, or has certainly let one fuck her at some point.  

"Ma!  I need change for lunch!"

-Check the sofa cushions!

"I found something that looks like nickel."  

Were this in Texas, they'd be Foster Care Parents of the Year by Tuesday.

On 5/17/2023 at 9:13 PM, fattyflattie said:

All that hate going to burn y’all up and they’re still be ~20m legal, grandfathered ARs floating around.  

What in the everloving fuck are you babbling about? Yeah, man. Dumbfucks with guns are going around shooting people for no reason. And i "hate" that that is happening. How fucking weird of me.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

What in the everloving fuck are you babbling about? Yeah, man. Dumbfucks with guns are going around shooting people for no reason. And i "hate" that that is happening. How fucking weird of me.

I was just reminding the folks that like to flip off every post I make that all that anger is going to eat them up, and for no reason. 

4 hours ago, RDCanecutter said:

I feel like I am looking at Fallen Amish.

Dibs on "Fallen Amish" for band name or producer rights to documentary about yet another Waco youth minister revealed as child molester

4 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

I was just reminding the folks that like to flip off every post I make that all that anger is going to eat them up, and for no reason. 

I don't think you're getting that much neg rep.  I've given you some pos rep because while we're both probably owners and more pro-2A than most, and you have some batshit crazy policy positions, you're at least trying to engage and dialogue and that's not nothing.  I think these types of conversations are doubly frustrating for us because most of us are Texans.  Most of us are highly educated.  Most of us own weapons.  And we can debate tax policy and energy policy and foreign policy and be within an arm's reach of some shit.  But we get to this one and it just gets weird.  And I would just encourage us to take a step back and suggest that while we get pissy about rehashing the same shit every time...................just take note of how frequently we have to rehash it.  I got some serious thoughts on Nuclear Energy, Whaling, Skyscraper construction regulations, and the rating of PG-13 & R movies.  But that shit only comes up once a decade.  We do this every fucking week and have fun dealing out pos and neg rep without stopping to acknowledge how often we bitch at one another in circles while people lower tiny caskets into the Earth.  

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, YGIFS said:

the rating of PG-13 & R movies.  But that shit only comes up once a decade.  

I now have to know your thoughts on this.  

You strike me as a man who has also realized, that if he raises his daughters like Gen X’s, they can take over the world.  

Went to pickup some RR Donuts this morning, dude standing there with his five young kids while wearing an American flag t-shirt with an assault rifle superimposed over it.  All I could think of was that video.  

Like it or not, true or not, all these shootings and ‘come and take it’ fervor are leading me to be very weary around anyone that looks the part.  He was too young for the ‘goatee, Oakley’s, balding’ look but give it another decade or so.  

I mean, I'd actually be more comfortable if he was just carrying a single assault rifle instead of a creepy shirt with guns all over it.  Reminds me of the Chris D'Elia bit about holy communion at church.  "The only thing creepier than a dude with an AR-15 is the dude with the pretend AR-15's."   

I bet he wears that to gun shows and Jeremy Piven has to tell him, "Man, don't be the guy who wears the t-shirt of the band he's going to see..."  

• Haha 1

• 4 months later...

12 yr old dipshit found guilty. Sentencing is later this week.

https://www.mysanantonio.com/news/local/article/texas-sonic-murder-18417395.php

A 12-year-old boy from Texas has been found "the equivalent of guilty" of murder for the shooting death of a Sonic employee in Keene, according to officials. The Johnson County Sheriff's Office shared the verdict on social media on Sunday, October 8. 

Officials said the jurors deliberated nearly seven hours before finding the young boy "delinquent" on Thursday, October 5. The boy, who's from Fort Worth, was arrested on May 13 after police received multiple calls about a shooting at the Sonic Drive-In in Keene, about 40 miles southwest of downtown Dallas.