West Virginia @ Texas Series Thread

Horny Bull

4 minutes ago, Horn80 said:

Anyone recall the CWS game in early 80s when Texas was down about 10-0 to Michigan, then came a long rain delay, and came back to win?

No. The only thing close to that I recall is the game against Seton Hall in the 70s when Texas had a 10 run first inning and then held on to win 10-9.

6 minutes ago, Horn80 said:

Anyone recall the CWS game in early 80s when Texas was down about 10-0 to Michigan, then came a long rain delay, and came back to win?

not really but i was at the Disch for a few late inning W’s vs Miami in the 88-92 era.  amazing later inning rallys 

Just now, jdhorn92 said:

not really but i was at the Disch for a few late inning W’s vs Miami in the 88-92 era.  amazing later inning rallys 

There was one legendary series against them in 1992. Peter Gardere scored the winning run on a balk in game 2 I think.

Just now, Valmy77 said:

There was one legendary series against them in 1992. Peter Gardere scored the winning run on a balk in game 2 I think.

yeah that must have been it. i graduated may 92 so must have been that season. back when you’re student ID got you in 

44 minutes ago, TornACL said:

I wanted to see us get tested tonight.

It’s nice to see this Texas team take Meth Aggie to the wood shed for at least one game. Texas has dropped some head scratchers so it’s nice to see them put it together on the mound and at the plate.