Check out these fucking chips

Gil Bang

1 hour ago, Mother mopar said:

I was in the Netherlands the other day and grabbed a bag of paprika Pringles, it was damn good. I enjoy the different flavors from across the pond.

We definitely dig on the paprika chips, don't know why we don't have them here (although I guess that culturally, we're not as all-in on paprika as they are.  Seriously, my daughter makes fun of her swedish suitemates, whose spice cabinet consists of salt, pepper, and paprika....full stop, that's it).

• Like 1

7 hours ago, CooterBrown said:

Saw these at HEB today. Did not buy but was intrigued.  Are they wavy Lay's seasoned with Funyon's or are they wavy Funyon's? Is there a difference?

shopping?q=tbn:ANd9GcSAoqLlVtN_KGnbhIvEG

Had a small bag the other day. Pass. Same for the Cool Ranch-flavored ones.

Both are very meh and have little flavor. They mostly taste like regular potato chips with a hint of the intended seasoning. Should be the other way around, imo.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Incredulity said:

I love a good Cuban sandwich.

Never would have tried them as I have been burnt too many times on the taste like XXXXX flavor chips.  So I tend to stick with the classics, will buy when I see them.

The flavor is mostly mustard/pickle, but they're solid. 

I fucking LOVE a cubano.  I just returned from FL and i probably ate 5 or 6 while down there. 

On 5/19/2023 at 4:50 PM, Braff Zacklin said:

Had a small bag the other day. Pass. Same for the Cool Ranch-flavored ones.

Both are very meh and have little flavor. They mostly taste like regular potato chips with a hint of the intended seasoning. Should be the other way around, imo.

Same opinion I had of the Funyun lays, a plain wavy potato chip with a faint hint of onion.

• Like 1

On 5/19/2023 at 5:39 PM, Underdog said:

Tried the Hot Mustard Dorito’s recently, didn’t much care for them. 

Ketchup ones weren't any good either.  Prefer the ones we've had in Canada the few times we've been there.

Also - anyone buy Zapps recently? I feel like they went from a kettle cooked chip to something more like Lays.  Do not like.  

19 minutes ago, irishtexan said:

These are the best chips. Everyone else is just fighting for second place

Kettle Brand Potato Chips Jalapeno Kettle Chips Snack - 2oz, image 1 of 6 slides

Those are most excellent.  But a couple years ago I found these, and they knocked the jalapeno flavor off its pedestal.  I haven't seen them in my HEB since.

spacer.png

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, South Austin said:

Those are most excellent.  But a couple years ago I found these, and they knocked the jalapeno flavor off its pedestal.  I haven't seen them in my HEB since.

spacer.png

Those are also very good. They're my wife's favorite. I prefer the Jalapeno though. Can't lose either way. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, BlueGreySky said:

Ketchup ones weren't any good either.  Prefer the ones we've had in Canada the few times we've been there.

Also - anyone buy Zapps recently? I feel like they went from a kettle cooked chip to something more like Lays.  Do not like.  

Zapp's has two kinds now,

Because they got bought by Utz

Edited by David Busters

7 hours ago, South Austin said:

spacer.png

They’re quite good. I bought a several bags in a panic buy right before Harvey when those chips and the vegan section were the only things on the shelf at HEB