Check out these fucking chips

Gil Bang

• 2 months later...
12 hours ago, Covri said:

These are pretty good, not sure what makes them loaded compared to the regular taco ones, but noticed more seasoning overall and a nice amount of chilli powder.

image.jpeg.7fd584150172a35724c0604a43dbf4ab.jpeg

Just saw those tonight. Weird package design. Tough to get a good pic. I haven’t tried them but I like the original taco flavor. Maybe I’ll have to give these a shot.

IMG_8809.thumb.jpeg.502e20258b28b699e973e26977a4e6a8.jpeg

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Dutch said:

Saw these yesterday and had to pick up a bag. Unsurprisingly, they slammed and would rank as one of the better Cheddar chips I've had. Washed them down with some Brawndo.

spacer.png

I'm struggling to wonder what was wrong with the Cheetos in the first place, but I should know better than to scoff at this.

5 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

I'm struggling to wonder what was wrong with the Cheetos in the first place, but I should know better than to scoff at this.

Cheetos dust is magical.  Why not try it on a tater chip?

On 6/2/2023 at 11:08 AM, jimmyjazz said:

I wonder what percentage of flavored chips actually contain the represented food, and what percentage are nothing but a chemistry experiment?

I heard on a podcast that “natural” flavorings only means that a natural ingredient was used somewhere in the process. It can be chemically altered in unlimited ways and still be called natural. 

• Rage+1 1

• 1 month later...

Disclaimer:  I hate WalMart.  The place is depressing as hell.  Unfortunately, I needed to get a replacement coffee carafe today and Walmart on Anderson Lane (Austin) showed that they had one in stock.

As I wandered through the store, I happened to walk past the chip aisle.  Oh, look, on the end cap -- "Great Value" Jalapeno Chips.  Full confession, I am a jalapeno potato chip junkie.  I tend towards Kettle Brand, sometimes Zapps or Miss Vickers, maybe HEB every once in awhile.

Bought a bag.  Holy crap, they don't suck AT ALL.  A bit of that sweetness some brands have, a nice heat, nothing crazy, good salt level, eminently munchable.

I wonder whose chip they're rebranding?

Great Value Kettle Cooked Jalapeno Flavored Potato Chips, 8 oz

• Hook 'Em 1

11 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

Disclaimer:  I hate WalMart.  The place is depressing as hell.  Unfortunately, I needed to get a replacement coffee carafe today and Walmart on Anderson Lane (Austin) showed that they had one in stock.

As I wandered through the store, I happened to walk past the chip aisle.  Oh, look, on the end cap -- "Great Value" Jalapeno Chips.  Full confession, I am a jalapeno potato chip junkie.  I tend towards Kettle Brand, sometimes Zapps or Miss Vickers, maybe HEB every once in awhile.

Bought a bag.  Holy crap, they don't suck AT ALL.  A bit of that sweetness some brands have, a nice heat, nothing crazy, good salt level, eminently munchable.

My guess would be Miss Vickers by the looks of it.  Do a side by side and get to the bottom of this.

3 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

My guess would be Miss Vickers by the looks of it.  Do a side by side and get to the bottom of this.

I will do it for science.  By recollection, they're a little thinner than Miss Vickers.

Oh, and speaking of Miss Vickers, this is a pretty badass variety pack, appropriately weighted towards jalapeno and sea salt chips:

image.png.f78a069fcfd86e201a39c9afa70d511f.png

• Hook 'Em 1

38 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I will do it for science.  By recollection, they're a little thinner than Miss Vickers.

Oh, and speaking of Miss Vickers, this is a pretty badass variety pack, appropriately weighted towards jalapeno and sea salt chips:

image.png.f78a069fcfd86e201a39c9afa70d511f.png

Outside of the obvious "only place you aren't immediately getting diabetes if you're in a town of less than 3000 people in the Midwest", Miss Vickers is pretty much the only reason I ever go to Subways.

On 11/2/2023 at 8:31 PM, jimmyjazz said:

Same on jalapeño chips, give Hal’s New York a shot, quality stuff. 

On 11/2/2023 at 8:31 PM, jimmyjazz said:

These are pretty good too, heat seemed a little hotter than other brands

image.thumb.png.0a0aacb1e0118308596b7558750c3cd3.png

On 8/30/2023 at 9:04 AM, Dutch said:

Saw these yesterday and had to pick up a bag. Unsurprisingly, they slammed and would rank as one of the better Cheddar chips I've had. Washed them down with some Brawndo.

spacer.png

But...

Why not...

Just get Cheetos?

What's next?  Doritos Lays® Sour Cream and Onion Flavor?