Bad: Schembechler's kid is a racist POS, fired by Michigan after 3 days; worst: answers to "Shemy"

Beau Vine

Not sure if mentioned already. The guy who runs the (at) Michigan Podcast twitter handle is a long time talk radio guy with over 20 years of talk radio and social media activism. He is in the corner of the tweet embedded above in his political twitter account, standing next to RFK JR in the terrible shirt.

Edited by trza-hawk
note about quality of shirt
  • Rage+1 1

7 minutes ago, trza-hawk said:

Not sure if mentioned already. The guy who runs the (at) Michigan Podcast twitter handle is a long time talk radio guy with over 20 years of talk radio and social media activism. He is in the corner of the tweet embedded above in his political twitter account, standing next to RFK JR in the terrible shirt.

okay-tyler-the-creator(1).gif.329826448011433e0a046207ae59eada.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, trza-hawk said:

Yes, this has been mentioned. That’s because there’s a very popular thread on Surly about this very guy who runs the Michigan podcast Twitter account with over 17K responses. The vast majority of responses are about his 20 years of talk radio and social media activism.  However, the last 3K or so responses have been exclusively about his shirt. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

20 hours ago, wood said:

Hmm ... apple / tree?

Pretty much this. Bo was an icon. He was also basically Archie Bunker. 

Michigan needs to start to actually vet people. Its becoming pretty old at this point to have to constantly backpeddle. 

Mgoblog sums it up pretty nicely 

Add it to the "What The Hell Is Warde Manuel Doing?" files. This is currently an athletic department that's winning the most important game on the schedule and doing very little else right. At this point the number of unforced PR errors that the department is stumbling into like so many rakes in front of Sideshow Bob is, dare I say it, Brandonesque. Articles are rolling in with titles like "Michigan leadership continues to embarrass itself" from places like The Athletic—not exactly the RCMB.

2 hours ago, ImissWallyPryor said:

It would be fun to out the average Surly poster for everything they’ve liked.

And, no, this doesn’t mean I support Shemy (although I will admit that, at first, I thought those were his pronouns). 

Yeah I am sure there are quite a few people who are glad they get to remain "anonymous". I know I have said some dumbass shit in the past that is less than flattering to who I am today. The difference is I am not going to be working at a public university on taxpayer dollars. Also I am not racist so there is that. 

You have to know when you are going into a position that stuff like this is going to come out. 

• Like 1

My only social media is instagram and I follow zero political accounts and like zero political content. If I had a Twitter (I guess you’d need one for that job) I’d think it’d be unimaginably easy to follow the same guiding principle. No sympathy when this stuff happens to people, it’s so avoidable.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

First of all, how do you get from Glenn to Shemy?  Was Shecky Schembechler already taken?  

second-remember that high profile twitter accounts and internet message boards for athletics programs do influence where parents decide to nudge their young men to attend.  

third-his big hangup was that undeserving people shouldn't be getting government checks?  He's literally paid by the government of Michigan for being below average at what he does.  He may not trade on skin color, but he trades on his surname.  Even worse, IMO.  

fourth-he'll be a DC for an SEC team by next year.  And a U.S. Senator from that state in 2026 or 2028.  

1 hour ago, PW119 said:

I clicked on the Twitter link - didn't see anything that looked bad.  What'd I miss?

I'll bet that if you walked up to the first black person you see and told them that you believe that slavery strengthened the black community, you'd figure out pretty quickly what you missed.  Try it.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 7

16 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Not to mention that when this did happen, the whites went ahead and burned a bunch of it down in Tulsa and dozens of other places, 70 years after emancipation, and many of the businesses' owned by Black WWI veterans, because thanks for saving us from the Germans and all, but fuck your business, go back into poverty. 

Edit: If this is my last post, it means I'm in jail for CRT ban violations.

Good post. If anyone doesn't know about the Tulsa Race Massacre they should educate themselves. 

• Like 1

Uh, I don't think you guys can talk about this kinda shit in Texas any more.  It's beyond strange that a guy who grew up around so many  black men of character at U. of Michigan---a school unlike OU or Miami---where everybody regardless of race or background has to go to class and work on and off the field to be a Wolverine.  In a state that's typically middle of the road with wholesome midwestern values, not crazy racist but certainly not without its flaws.  To just go batshit crazy like this.  

Gee, I'm guessing when he turns off ESPN College Football updates at night, what he flips to next?  Bottles the mind.  

27 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Not to mention that when this did happen, the whites went ahead and burned a bunch of it down in Tulsa and dozens of other places, 70 years after emancipation, and many of the businesses' owned by Black WWI veterans, because thanks for saving us from the Germans and all, but fuck your business, go back into poverty. 

Edit: If this is my last post, it means I'm in jail for CRT ban violations.

You might want to watch it, bud. Correctly recalling history and pointing out things that happened might trigger someone to report you to the CR police.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

27 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Uh, I don't think you guys can talk about this kinda shit in Texas any more.  It's beyond strange that a guy who grew up around so many  black men of character at U. of Michigan---a school unlike OU or Miami---where everybody regardless of race or background has to go to class and work on and off the field to be a Wolverine.  In a state that's typically middle of the road with wholesome midwestern values, not crazy racist but certainly not without its flaws.  To just go batshit crazy like this.  

Gee, I'm guessing when he turns off ESPN College Football updates at night, what he flips to next?  Bottles the mind.  

The regional America you remember is dead its all facebook now

• Hook 'Em 1

Was he talking about the Black Economist Thomas Sowell, or the White Australian Nazi?  I have to ask because of the simulation though I realize most Texans, and members of the Schembechler family want to erase one from history and make the other the special teams coach at Michigan.  

8 hours ago, Helobious said:

My only social media is instagram and I follow zero political accounts and like zero political content. If I had a Twitter (I guess you’d need one for that job) I’d think it’d be unimaginably easy to follow the same guiding principle. No sympathy when this stuff happens to people, it’s so avoidable.

It's not about avoiding politics. It's about avoiding things like "Slavery wasn't all bad."

6 hours ago, PW119 said:

I clicked on the Twitter link - didn't see anything that looked bad.  What'd I miss?

If this is true, then maybe texags is more your speed.

• Haha 3
  • Drool 1

5 hours ago, SimkinsMan said:

Good post. If anyone doesn't know about the Tulsa Race Massacre they should educate themselves. 

I think this Smithsonian Sidedoor episode does a really good job in no small part in that it includes audio interview excerpts from first-hand witnesses.

https://beta.prx.org/stories/206399

• Hook 'Em 1

15 hours ago, Helobious said:

Good boy.  Maybe DEI will pat you on head for your gracious submission.

• Fuck You 9

4 hours ago, notre dame joe said:

Good boy.  Maybe DEI will pat you on head for your gracious submission.

Lol. I don’t know what DEI means but if they didn’t exist I wouldn’t change a thing. I don’t make it part of my identity like you do.

DEI is when we let Yankee fans chime in on baseball so they feel heard.

Levity aside, the "D" in "DEI" stands for Diversity.  Which was an old wooden ship that was used during the Civil War era.

Edited by YGIFS

55 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

DEI is when we let Yankee fans chime in on baseball so they feel heard.

Levity aside, the "D" in "DEI" stands for Diversity.  Which was an old wooden ship that was used during the Civil War era.

Oh wow. If he can’t even avoid bringing politics into the football board I can’t imagine what his personal social media is like.