2023 Big 12 Tournament Thread

Horny Bull

1 hour ago, Valmy77 said:

The problem is Pierce already did the Garrido thing this year after the OU series. Augie only had to do it once in 2005.

The Augie works when you have a team out there playing with their heads in their asses and making a bunch of mental mistakes. We were just purely outclassed in these 2 games. The hope is it is just a blip on the radar but the players need to regain their mojo. 

Edited by Hookem2147

4 minutes ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

Horns to Arky as 2 seed….aggy to DBU as 2 seed.

I don't see the committee sending Texas, who was a borderline host as recently as 24 hours ago, to Arkansas who will be a top 3-4 seed most likely. Those teams typically don't get borderline hosts in their regionals. I could see TCU or OU being sent to Fayetteville. 

Edited by Hookem2147

2 minutes ago, UTPhil2006 said:

Kendall isn’t the be all and has a blind spot for his team 

Kendall also creates tournament predictions for clickbait.  They are not correct a lot of times.  And are all over the place during the season. 

• Hook 'Em 1

There is a path to success in a regional, but the margin for error is razor thin without Shaw and Tole. Will need 7-8 inning great outings from Gordon and LBJ to put us in the winners bracket while other teams burn pitching.

Not impossible because they are both really good when they are on, but it will be tough.

Edited by Hookem2147

1 hour ago, Hookem2147 said:

I don't see the committee sending Texas, who was a borderline host as recently as 24 hours ago, to Arkansas who will be a top 3-4 seed most likely. Those teams typically don't get borderline hosts in their regionals. I could see TCU or OU being sent to Fayetteville. 

Except we're not a borderline host anymore 

God damnit, were crushing the ball, but too much air underneath it, WV outfielders are able to track them down. We've had 2-3 bombs that would have left the field at O'Brate and most college fields that were caught in the warning track. Still 2-1 OSU bottom 5th.

13 minutes ago, WBT said:

Except we're not a borderline host anymore 

Still don’t see it happening. When you are a top 3-4 national seed you typically don’t get a team who was a game or two away from hosting as your #2. 

Like in 2021 when we were the #2 overall seed and got a crappy ASU team as our #2.

Edited by Hookem2147

1 hour ago, Hookem2147 said:

I hope we get Arkansas.  Maybe it will fire up this wet noodle of a team Pierce has.

Then again if we can't score 6 we aren't winning with this dumpster fire bullpen.

Edited by dcar00

18 minutes ago, 'stache said:

God damnit, we’re crushing the ball, but too much air underneath it, WV outfielders are able to track them down. We've had 2-3 bombs that would have left the field at O'Brate and most college fields that were caught in the warning track. Still 2-1 OSU bottom 5th.

I like how WVU actually got a hit with RISP.  We seem to squander opportunities today.  

7 minutes ago, Homercles said:

I like how WVU actually got a hit with RISP.  We seem to squander opportunities today.  

Story of the season, but I don't think we're alone in the Big 12 this season struggling with RISP.

Strikeout by JWB after giving up a bomb double. Gotta score here.

2-2, OSU coming up bottom 7 coming up.

8 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Story of the season, but I don't think we're alone in the Big 12 this season struggling with RISP.

Strikeout by JWB after giving up a bomb double. Gotta score here.

2-2, OSU coming up bottom 7 coming up.

JWB is coming out of the pen now? He really fell off after his start against Texas when he threw a billion pitches.

Edited by Hookem2147

2 hours ago, Hookem2147 said:

The Augie works when you have a team out there playing with their heads in their asses and making a bunch of mental mistakes. We were just purely outclassed in these 2 games. The hope is it is just a blip on the radar but the players need to regain their mojo. 

and when you know that team is good enough.  This team would probably just melt all the way down or ignore a second ass blasting and I think Pierce knows it.

12 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

and when you know that team is good enough.  This team would probably just melt all the way down or ignore a second ass blasting and I think Pierce knows it.

They didn’t melt after the first ass chewing. 

But the point remains that you usually only get about one effective ass blasting a year before it’s tuned out.

10 minutes ago, Go Pokes said:

I stand corrected.  We did the bare minimum.  So now we give up two runs in the T9 and them go down meekly in the B9.  

Feeling like we are about to blow it.  2nd/3rd, 2 outs.  All after an 0-2 count when he beaned him.  

Edit:  Another HBP.  Another JWB mess.  Bases loaded.  

Edited by Homercles

Just now, Homercles said:

Feeling like we are about to blow it.  2nd/3rd, 2 outs.  

I'm so fucking tired of this team.  I've made about 100 predictions about them over this season and I think I've been right 95 times.  About to go 96/101.  After we blow this, only two more games and we can put this season behind us.  

1 minute ago, Go Pokes said:

I'm so fucking tired of this team.  I've made about 100 predictions about them over this season and I think I've been right 95 times.  About to go 96/101.  After we blow this, only two more games and we can put this season behind us.  

Didn’t you once say I was overly negative?  Damn…I said it feels like we are about to blow it.  JWB actually got the K, was amazed we left him in.