2023 Big 12 Tournament Thread

Horny Bull

3 minutes ago, Homercles said:

Didn’t you once say I was overly negative?  Damn…I said it feels like we are about to blow it.  JWB actually got the K, was amazed we left him in.  

And I'm usually more optimistic about OSU baseball, but something about this team just makes me hate following them, much less watching them.  I just want one more shot at OU.  In a season like this, beating OU can be the one saving grace.  Though I imagine we're already about out of pitching.  We have so little to start with, how can we not be?  

3 hours ago, BachelorTrek said:

Better back up the tractor-trailers of Diamond-Dry to save everyone from drowning on the Titanic if the dbu-cheapskates host!

Remember last time?

Oh yes. We drove off somewhere to drink some beers during the first rain delay of the weekend and I immediately had my car broken into in the parking lot before I was halfway through my first beer. Real good times.

Our three wins against ou were blowouts. One of our losses was a shutout. Who the fuck knows what’ll happen tonight. I just hope we win. We’re used to Tech owning us is baseball, not fucking ou.

Edited by 'stache

I know it’s a weekday, but this is pathetic. At least OKC supports the tourney and not just OU and OSU. DFW will never care about these tournament. I lived in Dallas when the basketball tournament was there and not a single mention of it on sports radio. When it was in OKC all the stations were on site it was a huge deal.

IMG_1431.png

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, 'stache said:

I know it’s a weekday, but this is pathetic. At least OKC supports the tourney and not just OU and OSU. DFW will never care about these tournament. I lived in Dallas when the basketball tournament was there and not a single mention of it on sports radio. When it was in OKC all the stations were on site it was a huge deal.

IMG_1431.png

It's Dallas man. If it ain't the cowboys or OU weekend, the their 'sport fandom' is this

poop GIF

It's an awful venue for college baseball, but it's climate controlled and guarantees they will get all the games in without major delay.

They really should find a way to just do away with the conference tournaments at the P5 level (they won't because of $$$). I understand the need for them at the lower levels to determine who gets in the field, but it's wild that these teams play 24-30 games against each other and then they throw all that out the window for a 4 day single or double elimination tournament to determine a "champion".

I'm assuming most college baseball fans hold regular season titles in higher regard than tournament titles.

Edited by Hookem2147
  • Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

I don’t see how the Big 12 could be making money on the conference tournament with that attendance 

I'm assuming they are making some TV $ considering several games are nationally televised.

Edited by Hookem2147

1 hour ago, 'stache said:

IMG_1431.png

Kstate/Kansas baseball losers bracket isn't exactly a compelling match-up in DFW. It's probably not compelling in Kansas, and those prices are...pricey.

Oklahoma/OKST will have better attendance, I would think. I know other games have had better attendance. 

2 hours ago, 'stache said:

IMG_1431.png

If they want to keep it in DFW even after we're gone, Frisco would be a much better situation.  Great minor league park, and you would have a lot more local support from the northside of the metroplex.  

• Like 1

Uhh that was a rollercoaster of comments lol.  Wife and I getting a quick weekend away, tried out Birdies tonight and just got into hotel…so haven’t been following the game.  

Knew it was T9 up 5 = likely win, so hopped over here.  Your comments are a suitable replacement for actually watching lol

I don’t know if we’ve got a double header in us either, but we baked that cake by inexplicably losing to OU and having to battle back.  It’s why you play the game…and know I can be negative Nelly, but Go Pokes even made me blush last night, damn.

Up 4-0 according to score tracker on five hits.  

I don’t know if we’ve got a double header in us either, but we baked that cake by inexplicably losing to OU and having to battle back.  It’s why you play the game…and know I can be negative Nelly, but Go Pokes even made me blush last night, damn.
Up 4-0 according to score tracker on five hits.  

I think we’re taking two today. TCU may be a different story tomorrow, but we’ll cross that bridge if we get to it.
  • Hook 'Em 1

19 minutes ago, Txslnghrns said:

a4040d9340bac272d6f6cb21f0d4682c.jpg55db306afbd04ebc959d8f1425e2fe8b.jpg
bba195c733a3bb078e6e557f7ca2571e.jpg
Normally wouldn’t have gone since no ‘Horns. But one of the company suites was available and couldn’t pass up the free tix. Still had to pay for shitty $12 beers.

Few more people in the stands than Kstate/Kansas, but Jesus that stadium is overkill. Would be so much more enjoyable at a college park.