smartless - on the road

henrygandorf

Been a listener of the podcast since the beginning. Already watched 5 episodes and think it’s great and fun to watch them continue with the nut kicking throughout their day. I thought it was really interesting that they covered/left in the negative reaction they got to shows where the audience was disappointed with their choice of live guest.

• Hook 'Em 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

Loved it.  I think Bateman was playing up his OCD a bit.  If not, yeesh, not sure how those guys deal with him.

3 minutes ago, The Ace of Aces said:

Bateman has food insecurity issues it’s petty evident. He need some help. 

I love Sean Hayes. He’s phenomenal in Good Night Oscar. 

Bateman has a history of serious drug and alcohol problems. Like many former addicts, he’s probably taken things to far the other way. 

On 5/26/2023 at 10:21 AM, Red Five said:

Is it weird if I listen to the podcast every week, but don't really have much desire to watch this? Not even sure why.

That’s where I’m at. I like Smartless enough to have listened to a dozen or so episodes of the podcast, but it’s always my plan B or C after I’ve gone through my other podcasts before my drive is done.  I usually find myself wishing each episode was only about 30 minutes. 

On 6/9/2023 at 1:01 PM, TonyTexas said:

Bateman has a history of serious drug and alcohol problems. Like many former addicts, he’s probably taken things to far the other way. 

He’s a former child actor, so he’s already winning by still being alive and working.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/11/2023 at 9:46 PM, SizzleChest said:

He’s a former child actor, so he’s already winning by still being alive and working.

i thought they had a piece of an interesting conversation about how bateman started his career working in television when nobody took television seriously, and now has a career in television and everyone takes it seriously.

also for those who listen but don't feel like watching, the episodes of the doc are not just live versions of the podcast.  there are edited highlights of two different live shows (including several guests) per docuseries episode.  i would say less than half of each episode total is devoted to the guests talking live on stage.  most of the show is just the three of them interacting, which is greatness.

i wish they would take it on the road again but i'm told no chance it'll happen again.