11 year old boy shot by police….

GreenspointTexas

You know how in movies there are sometimes these cop training courses where potential targets fold out and the cops have to decide to shoot or not shoot, when it’s a picture of a grandma holding a flower pot or a gruff looking guy holding a pistol?  I guess that’s not real, or you don’t actually have to pass it. Hell, tackleberry didn’t pass it. 

21 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

You know how in movies there are sometimes these cop training courses where potential targets fold out and the cops have to decide to shoot or not shoot, when it’s a picture of a grandma holding a flower pot or a gruff looking guy holding a pistol?  I guess that’s not real, or you don’t actually have to pass it. Hell, tackleberry didn’t pass it. 

image.png.824cc46c5a21bf293c9443e9ffbbeaf8.png

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

Gotta back the blue on this one in this lawless hellscape that needs to go back to its greatness through law and order.  This kid had been written up before in class for talking and soda.  Just comply, won’t be no shit. 

you can’t make it home to your family if you don’t navigate a fifth grader without force and authority!

• Rage+1 2

Have you seen 5th graders these days? They are terrifying. They train day in and day out on ROBLOX so they will be ready for battle. That cop stood no chance and had to act decisively and with direct force. Cop is lucky to be alive.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tx ind said:

image.png.824cc46c5a21bf293c9443e9ffbbeaf8.png

"Why'd you shoot the 11 year old coming around the corner?"

"Everyone knows that when an 11 year old in socks comes around the corner, they do that little slide thing on the slippery floor. This guy was just walking normal."

"You're hired."

Edited by Foosters

42 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Yeah, I don't think it is quite as easy as Will Smith makes it out to be. Still, the only thing that I wonder in this case is whether the person who called 911 said the age of the abuser and whether he was armed with a gun. I don't need to see the footage. The policeman would have had time to aim if he hit the kid in the chest and if he had time to aim then he had time to see if the kid was the perpetrator.

Just now, Brisketexan said:

When will these thugs learn to stop being black males?  It's their own fault.

Come on now. That is a big jump. The kid wasn't shot because he was black. The cop fucked up but a terrible mistake is much, much more likely than the cop purposely shooting an 11 year old kid. I was involved in a somewhat similar situation and I wasn't shot but I chalk it up to luck rather than the cop seeing that I was white. The cop said I scared the shit out of him and that I was lucky to be alive. I believe him. 

44 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

When will these thugs learn to stop being black males?  It's their own fault.

35 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

The cop was at a house full of black people.  His spidey senses were thus already at a rather heightened level going in.  Because thugs.

If you don't think that cops generally approach a situation with black people much more tense and ready to get violent/aggressive than they do with white people, I've got an aggy football national championship ring to sell ya.

Those two statements are very different. And in the second statement depends on the policeman. And then it depends on more tense which is more likely and aggressive which is much less likely, and violent which is even less likely. And aggy football, how dare you.

Just now, Bevo said:

Those two statements are very different. And in the second statement depends on the policeman. And then it depends on more tense which is more likely and aggressive which is much less likely, and violent which is even less likely.

"Depends on the policeman."  Of course it does.  That's why I said "generally."  More often than not.

And if you know cops, and know how they approach the world....what I said is far from controversial.  It's just true.  IN GENERAL, cops are more mentally prepared to escalate when they are dealing with black people than they are when dealing with white people.  Because the idea that black people are thugs, violent, a threat, etc., is drilled into them from 1,000 different directions, both from birth, and via training.

• Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

"Depends on the policeman."  Of course it does.  That's why I said "generally."  More often than not.

And if you know cops, and know how they approach the world....what I said is far from controversial.  It's just true.  IN GENERAL, cops are more mentally prepared to escalate when they are dealing with black people than they are when dealing with white people.  Because the idea that black people are thugs, violent, a threat, etc., is drilled into them from 1,000 different directions, both from birth, and via training.

Do we already know that the policeman was white? Would it matter in your conclusions?

• Hook 'Em 3

4 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Doesn't matter what color he was.  Who looks at a kid on any call who is unarmed and thinks, "Yeah, better open fire and sort it out later."  

A policeman. That's who.

Edited by Rimbo
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Haha 2
  • Rage+1 1

4 minutes ago, Bevo said:

Do we already know that the policeman was white? Would it matter in your conclusions?

Nope.  Cops are all one color: blue.

Black cops may be slightly less likely (again, we're speaking in generalities) than white cops to be aggressive towards black subjects, but the cop culture breeds this sort of approach and outcome, regardless of the cop's race.

2 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Doesn't matter what color he was.  Who looks at a kid on any call who is unarmed and thinks, "Yeah, better open fire and sort it out later."  

Who does that?  Cops do.  Because of the culture that they live in, continue to create and foster, and will not give up.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 1

21 minutes ago, Bevo said:

Researchers at the Children’s National Hospital in Washington, DC, analyzed national data from death certificates compiled by the National Center for Health Statistics, including cause of death and race and ethnicity.

They identified all adolescents between age 12 and 17 who died from firearm injuries due to police intervention between 2003 and 2018 and compared rates of these deaths across racial and ethnic groups based on U.S. Census Bureau data.

During the 16-year study period, 140 children died from police intervention, and of those, 113 involved firearms. About 93% of the children killed were boys, with an average age of 16.

The researchers found that Black children were six times more likely to be shot to death by police than white children. Hispanic children’s risk of death was almost three times higher than that of white children.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 1

I’m going to play devils advocate here, given we don’t know the full circumstances.  

Sadly there’s precedent for considering what the cop sees when approaching an urgent situation…have y’all forgotten about the incident in the park a few years ago, the one where five actors were shot performing Julius Caesar?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, BrickHorn said:

This tragedy could have been prevented if only a Good Guy With a Gun had been there.

possibly - but then we would all be mourning a dead cop and possibly a domestic abuser.

2 hours ago, BrickHorn said:

This tragedy could have been prevented if only a Good Guy With a Gun had been there.

I can never find the link but it's Larry David doing standup in NYC.  But I don't think it's from Curb, it's from some other copyrighted special or some shit.  But he does this bit about trying to form a posse back in the Wild West but had their been answering machines/phones.  And he does this whole kinda newhart deal where he gets the call from the Deputy and they're looking to form a posse to chase down some bad guys and they'll meet at this tree the next day at high noon.  And Larry pretends he's this 1880's rancher but he conveniently pretends like he didn't get the message.  And then he shows up days later after the posse gets back and pretends like he wanted to be part of it and was gonna be the good guy with a gun but they had rode off without him.  Anyway, it's actually a hilarious bit.  

But it reminds me of every tough Texas good guy with a gun.  Conveniently never showing up to an actual firefight/mass shooting even when it's broadcast with hours of advanced notice.  Like, "Oh man, a riot?  I was totally gonna be there but when I got there everything was done already.  And I had that dental appointment.  Well, tell me what happened?!?"  

You guys are like Clark Kent, always showing up right after the shit hits the fan to flex your badass weapons routine.  It's exhausting.  You guys could fuck up a posse. 

5 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

I can never find the link but it's Larry David doing standup in NYC.  But I don't think it's from Curb, it's from some other copyrighted special or some shit.  But he does this bit about trying to form a posse back in the Wild West but had their been answering machines/phones.  And he does this whole kinda newhart deal where he gets the call from the Deputy and they're looking to form a posse to chase down some bad guys and they'll meet at this tree the next day at high noon.  And Larry pretends he's this 1880's rancher but he conveniently pretends like he didn't get the message.  And then he shows up days later after the posse gets back and pretends like he wanted to be part of it and was gonna be the good guy with a gun but they had rode off without him.  Anyway, it's actually a hilarious bit.  

But it reminds me of every tough Texas good guy with a gun.  Conveniently never showing up to an actual firefight/mass shooting even when it's broadcast with hours of advanced notice.  Like, "Oh man, a riot?  I was totally gonna be there but when I got there everything was done already.  And I had that dental appointment.  Well, tell me what happened?!?"  

You guys are like Clark Kent, always showing up right after the shit hits the fan to flex your badass weapons routine.  It's exhausting.  You guys could fuck up a posse. 

Those people are stupid they are along the lines of your own stupidity for refusing to take your own self defense seriously.

I maybe, kinda know what you're trying to say.  But maybe take punctuation and grammar as seriously as you take firearms ownership.  Not trying to get into a gun debate with you, but that's a pretty dumb fucking sentence.  And even for you, that's saying something.

Edited by YGIFS
  • Hook 'Em 2

46 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

TIL that Surly poster Pimphand sucks. 

My favorite trope is the people who need guns to defend themselves against some future Hostile Government. You know, like someone who posts a picture of Mao, heavily implying that guns would have saved those citizens. It's hilarious because, if someone with control of a modern government, even a 2nd world one, and their military would mow down every motherfucker like butter even if every citizen had a fucking AR 15. Drones, armored vehicles, bombs, etc. And yet these dumb twats think they're armed in  away they'll be able to fight against that kind of foe. It's hilariously stupid. For fucks sake, guns are readily available in Russia (granted, unlike here you need to get a license). I wonder why they don't try to fight back?

It's almost like people tell themselves that bullshit because they refuse to accept that having a gun means more to them than the lives of children. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Bevo said:

Yeah, I don't think it is quite as easy as Will Smith makes it out to be. Still, the only thing that I wonder in this case is whether the person who called 911 said the age of the abuser and whether he was armed with a gun. I don't need to see the footage. The policeman would have had time to aim if he hit the kid in the chest and if he had time to aim then he had time to see if the kid was the perpetrator.

You're right that you don't need to see the footage. The bodycam footage exists but they haven't released it yet. We all know what that means. If it looked good for the cop, it would have been immediately released.

• Hook 'Em 1