11 year old boy shot by police….

GreenspointTexas

7 hours ago, wildcat09 said:

Shut the fuck up, Bevo. Jesus christ.

https://www.clarionledger.com/story/news/2023/05/25/attorney-demands-firing-of-police-officer-greg-capers-after-11-year-old-aderrien-murry-shot-in-ms/70258047007/

Attorney demands firing of police officer after 11-year-old shot in Mississippi

Emily Wagster Pettus
Associated Press

JACKSON, Miss. — A Mississippi police officer who shot and wounded an unarmed 11-year-old Black boy in the child's home should be fired, an attorney for the child's mother said Thursday.

The child, Aderrien Murry, was hospitalized five days for a collapsed lung, lacerated liver and fractured ribs after an Indianola Police Department officer shot him in the chest early Saturday, attorney Carlos Moore said. Aderrian returned home to Indianola on Wednesday.

“We are demanding justice," Moore said during a protest that his law office showed on livestream video.

"An 11-year-old Black boy in the city of Indianola came within an inch of losing his life," Moore said at Indianola City Hall. “He had done nothing wrong and everything right.”

Aderrien’s mother, Nakala Murry, said her son is “blessed” to be alive but he does not understand why an officer shot him.

This undated photo provided by Nakala Murry of Indianola, Miss., shows her 11-year-old son Aderrien Murry, who was shot and wounded by an Indianola Police Department officer on Saturday, May 20, 2023, during a domestic disturbance call at the home of Murry’s family. The Mississippi Bureau of Investigation is examining the shooting.

“This was the worst moment in my life and I feel like nobody cares. That's my child, y'all," Nakala Murry said Thursday as she cried in the lobby of city hall.

Moore said Nakala Murry asked her son to call police at about 4 a.m. Saturday when the father of one of her other children showed up at her home. Moore said the man was irate and Nakala Murry felt threatened.

“He called the police to come to his mother’s rescue,” Moore said of Aderrien. "He called his grandmother to come to his mother’s rescue. The police came there and escalated the situation.”

Moore said two officers responded, and one kicked the front door before Nakala Murry opened it. She told them the intruder had left the home but three children were inside, Moore said.

Moore said Nakala Murry told him that Sgt. Greg Capers, who is Black, yelled into the home and said anyone inside should come out with their hands up. Moore said Aderrien walked into the living room with nothing in his hands, and Capers shot him in the chest.

More:Yazoo City Police Dept. asks MBI to investigate teen's shooting death

Indianola City Attorney Kimberly Merchant confirmed to The Enterprise-Tocsin newspaper in Indianola that Capers is the officer who fired the shot. Moore told The Associated Press in an interview Thursday that Indianola officials have suspended Capers with pay during an investigation into the shooting.

Nakala Murry and Moore were joined by a few other people Thursday as they sat in the city hall lobby and sang “We Shall Overcome.” Indianola has about 9,300 residents and is in the rural Mississippi Delta, about 95 miles (153 kilometers) northwest of Jackson.

Mississippi Bureau of Investigation announced Saturday that it is examining the shooting, as it does most shootings involving law enforcement officers in the state. The bureau said a person younger than 18 had received “significant injuries” after being shot by an Indianola Police Department officer.

maxresdefault.jpg“MBI is currently assessing this critical incident and gathering evidence,” Mississippi Department of Public Safety spokesperson Bailey Martin said Thursday in response to questions from AP. “Upon completing the investigation, agents will share their findings with the Attorney General’s Office. Due to this being an open and ongoing investigation, no further comment will be made.”

23 hours ago, Bevo said:

Come on now. That is a big jump. The kid wasn't shot because he was black. The cop fucked up but a terrible mistake is much, much more likely than the cop purposely shooting an 11 year old kid. I was involved in a somewhat similar situation and I wasn't shot but I chalk it up to luck rather than the cop seeing that I was white. The cop said I scared the shit out of him and that I was lucky to be alive. I believe him. 

I will say this, our move to the SEC is going to be much more comfortable knowing we have people like Bevo in our ranks.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

"In the dim light of the house, the officer saw the subject's hairline, and through his years of training and experience, he recognized that haircut as the kind of haircut thugs have.  And sure enough, our investigation has shown that the subject here recently got a D on a math test, and he has faced school discipline multiple times, for such transgressions as 'cutting up in class' and 'failure to follow instructions on a field trip.'  Our officers are proud to protect our community from dangerous thugs like this subject."

Haven't seen the PD's statement yet, but it'll look something like that.  It's so easy to write these statements.  It's like American PDs have been run by AI chatbots for decades.

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

I will say this, our move to the SEC is going to be much more comfortable knowing we have people like Bevo in our ranks.

Come on. Usually I am humble but right now, I am feeling like Joe Pesci immediately after winning my first case and just before having sex with Marisa Tomei. Don't ruin the moment. 

Edited by Bevo
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

"In the dim light of the house, the officer saw the subject's hairline, and through his years of training and experience, he recognized that haircut as the kind of haircut thugs have.  And sure enough, our investigation has shown that the subject here recently got a D on a math test, and he has faced school discipline multiple times, for such transgressions as 'cutting up in class' and 'failure to follow instructions on a field trip.'  Our officers are proud to protect our community from dangerous thugs like this subject."

Haven't seen the PD's statement yet, but it'll look something like that.  It's so easy to write these statements.  It's like American PDs have been run by AI chatbots for decades.

cheater.  you cribbed that from the barnhill letter in the ahmad aubrey case

Fifth The video made by William Bryan clearly shows the shooting in realtime. From said video it appears Ahmaud Arbery was running along the right side of the McMichael truck then abruptly turns 90 degrees to the left and attacks Travis McMichael who was standing at the front left corner ofthe truck .

A brief skirmish ensues in which it appear Arbery strikes McMichael and appears to grab the shotgun and pull it from McMichael The shot is through Arbery s right hand palm which is consistent with him grabbing and pulling the shotgun at the barrel tip , the 2nd and 3rd wounds are consistent with the struggle for the shotgun as depicted in the video , the angle of the 2nd shot with the rear of the buttstock being pushed away and down from the fight are also consistent with the upward angle of blood plume shown in the video and that McMichael was attempting to push the gun away from Arbery while Arbery was pulling it toward himself. The 3rd shot too appears to be in a struggle over the gun .

The angle of the shots and the video show this was from the beginning or almost immediately became-- a fight over the shotgun . Given the fact Arbery initiated the fight, at the point Arbery grabbed the shotgun, under Georgia Law , McMichael was allowed to use deadly force to protect himself. Just as importantly, while we know McMichael had his finger on the trigger, we do not know who caused the firings. Arbery would only had to pull the shotgun approximately 1/ 16th to 1/ 8th of one inch to fire weapon himself and in the height of an altercation this is entirely possible .

Arbery s mentalhealth records & prior convictions help explain his apparent aggressive nature and his possible thought pattern to attack an armed man

• Rage+1 2

I like that a huge portion of our society just accepts that our police could ascertain in an instant, the criminal record and drug history of a person they shot in an instant.  And at the same time consider it totally reasonable the same officer; while utilizing digital archives at light speed, can’t bother to navigate the “on” button on their body cam. 

2 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Feeling like Joe Pesci, huh?

You don't even need to say I was right and you were wrong. The invite and free beer at your house is thanks enough. And to show my appreciation, general friendship, and goodwill, I'll even help you with your coyote problem.

The young boy was probably holding a copy of a CRT textbook and his anti-authoritarian behavior was influenced heavily by said texts.  

I really do look in awe at some of this country and wonder how we can all see the same sky with completely different ideas of what it looks like.  I wish I could see the cozy, comfortable version many of y’all do.  I’m trying to turn my eye away from the bleak, overcast one I’ve been under for a decade.  But this other one seems out of reach.  Perhaps for a reason. 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Bevo said:

You don't even need to say I was right and you were wrong. The invite and free beer at your house is thanks enough. And to show my appreciation, general friendship, and goodwill, I'll even help you with your coyote problem.

You were right about a thing no one was actually disputing. 

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

You were right about a thing no one was actually disputing. 

Yeah, I presume this is an attempted victory lap for "see, the cop was black!"....when the immediate response to that posited fact was "that don't make a shit, all cops are blue."  So....congratulations, you won a race you ran by yourself?

21 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Yeah, I presume this is an attempted victory lap for "see, the cop was black!"....when the immediate response to that posited fact was "that don't make a shit, all cops are blue."  So....congratulations, you won a race you ran by yourself?

Although I am sure you could find some random acts and try to draw parallels, even racists don't shoot black kids just because they are black. So first, you would have to prove that the black policeman is racist against blacks. Second, you would have to prove that he would purposely shoot a black kid just because he was black. The odds against that being the case is infinitely low. And all I ever said is that it was most likely a dumbass cop who made a series of dumbass decisions. So, yeah I'm thinkin' I'm right. In fact, I have to be right because all I ever said was it was most likely a dumbass cop. I never said that it couldn't be a hate crime. But, I'm done with this thread. If you want to look up the cop, I wonder whether it was the same cop who got fired from his job in Savannah - It can't be a common name. Maybe it will help your case.

5 minutes ago, Bevo said:

Although I am sure you could find some random acts and try to draw parallels, even racists don't shoot black kids just because they are black. So first, you would have to prove that the black policeman is racist against blacks. Second, you would have to prove that he would purposely shoot a black kid just because he was black. The odds against that being the case is infinitely low. And all I ever said is that it was most likely a dumbass cop who made a series of dumbass decisions. So, yeah I'm thinkin' I'm right. In fact, I have to be right because all I ever said was it was most likely a dumbass cop. I never said that it couldn't be a hate crime. But, I'm done with this thread. If you want to look up the cop, I wonder whether it was the same cop who got fired from his job in Savannah - It can't be a common name. Maybe it will help your case.

This is all nonsense of your own creating. No one is suggesting the cop shot the kid merely and purposely because he was black. If that is what you took away, then I don't see any reason to discuss anything with you because that is a wilful misunderstanding of the argument. 

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

This is all nonsense of your own creating. No one is suggesting the cop shot the kid merely and purposely because he was black. If that is what you took away, then I don't see any reason to discuss anything with you because that is a wilful misunderstanding of the argument. 

This.  Bevo seems to take masturbatory pleasure in setting up straw men, knocking them down, and then jumping around like he just hit a walk-off homer in game 7.

I mean, this is the ACTUAL position stated, and repeated in various ways by multiple posters:

If you don't think that cops generally approach a situation with black people much more tense and ready to get violent/aggressive than they do with white people, I've got an aggy football national championship ring to sell ya.

The kid almost certainly wasn't shot ONLY because he was black.  Rather, all the Hairtrigger Harries who make up American police forces are MORE LIKELY to pull the trigger when the encounter is with a black person than a white person.  This Hairtrigger Harry surely showed up with his panic button well-primed.  In part because he's scared to death, every encounter with a member of the public is a likely ambush, and all that other bullshit that completely dominates modern policing.  And also, because he was entering a house FULL of black people.  And then, when he saw a dark-skinned shape wheel around the corner...BANG.

But Bevo thinks that so long as we don't have a cop who shoots black people on sight, for the SOLE reason of "they're black people," we're good, and race doesn't play a role in police violence against citizens.  Even though....

Researchers at the Children’s National Hospital in Washington, DC, analyzed national data from death certificates compiled by the National Center for Health Statistics, including cause of death and race and ethnicity.

They identified all adolescents between age 12 and 17 who died from firearm injuries due to police intervention between 2003 and 2018 and compared rates of these deaths across racial and ethnic groups based on U.S. Census Bureau data.

During the 16-year study period, 140 children died from police intervention, and of those, 113 involved firearms. About 93% of the children killed were boys, with an average age of 16.

The researchers found that Black children were six times more likely to be shot to death by police than white children. Hispanic children’s risk of death was almost three times higher than that of white children.

Bevo is one of those types who thinks that so long as the violent actor isn't actively wearing a klan robe and saying "I'm hunting black people!" as he pulls the trigger, race is a non-factor.

What the sane world counters with is.....well, the data sure points to race being a FACTOR.

Edited by Brisketexan
  • Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

11 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

This derail started because brisket stated, "When will these thugs learn to stop being black males?  It's their own fault." It is pretty clear that he is stating that the kid was killed because he was black. There really isn't much ambiguity since it was in direct response to the cop being called a dumbass. The shit that caused this most likely isn't much different from when that cop parked across a railroad track.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Neg rep - I DO like striking a nerve. 

So Bevo, how long have you been a cop...or how long have you been married to one?  If it's the second....how often does the cop beat you?  You're in the nest in the trust tree here, you can tell us.

Because you went on a personal attack. You shouldn't do that.

49 minutes ago, Bevo said:

This derail started because brisket stated, "When will these thugs learn to stop being black males?  It's their own fault." It is pretty clear that he is stating that the kid was killed because he was black. There really isn't much ambiguity since it was in direct response to the cop being called a dumbass. The shit that caused this most likely isn't much different from when that cop parked across a railroad track.

Stupidity Are You Stupid GIF

• Haha 1

If the kid had shot the cop that bodycam footage would be on CNN, FOX, MSNBC, ABC, NBC and every local station in the nation along with the kids complete background of being tardy and accused of stealing an extra chocolate milk in the cafeteria. But instead we're going to keep that video private and give the shooter a paid vacation. Nothing to see here.

7 hours ago, RPM said:

If the kid had shot the cop that bodycam footage would be on CNN, FOX, MSNBC, ABC, NBC and every local station in the nation along with the kids complete background of being tardy and accused of stealing an extra chocolate milk in the cafeteria. But instead we're going to keep that video private and give the shooter a paid vacation. Nothing to see here.

The cops don't want to release a video of them telling a kid to come out, then fuckin blasting him. Whodathunkit

On 5/25/2023 at 2:09 PM, YGIFS said:

You guys are like Clark Kent, always showing up right after the shit hits the fan to flex your badass weapons routine.  

Clark Kent was the alter ego of Superman so that he could live a relatively normal low-key life.  He wasn't a faux tough-guy who was flexing about how he would have kicked ass if he was there.