2023 NCAA Regionals Thread

Horny Bull

2 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Stanford may still advance but they're the most overrated team in college baseball. Last night was the first top 25 RPI team they've played all year (and A&M is barely top 25 at #24).

Stanford has played nobody all year and somehow they got a national seed. This regional result is fairly predictable so far. 

I'd watched very little PAC 12 ball this year, but I thought the Ducks looked pretty good. Not sure how AZ made the field. Their shit performance is rivalled only by Okie Lite.

6 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Stanford may still advance but they're the most overrated team in college baseball. Last night was the first top 25 RPI team they've played all year (and A&M is barely top 25 at #24).

We have years and years of data showing that the RPI is biased against the West (more accurately -- biased against regions where there are fewer teams), so I don't know why you'd put any stock in that stat.

2 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

We have years and years of data showing that the RPI is biased against the West (more accurately -- biased against regions where there are fewer teams), so I don't know why you'd put any stock in that stat.

I just don't think Stanford is a national seed-caliber team. Even if you don't look at the raw RPI numbers they're 9-8 against Q1 opponents. That's extremely weak for a national seed. 

Stanford can hit but their pitching leaves a lot to be desired. 

Then you throw in the fact they really don't have a home-field advantage this regional is far from unpredictable IMO. I was hoping Texas would be sent to Stanford. 

31 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

I just don't think Stanford is a national seed-caliber team. Even if you don't look at the raw RPI numbers they're 9-8 against Q1 opponents. That's extremely weak for a national seed. 

If you're using the RPI, their resume is not a national seed resume.  That's not in question, and it's basically a tautology.  If you use literally any other rating system (such as the ISR or Massey), their resume looks a lot better because Oregon, OSU, and Tceh are all in the top 20.  

Edited by Beau Vine
NAWT!!

You don't win the PAC by 5 games if you suck.

Regional upsets happen every year and don't mean all that much.  And it's hardly over. Stanford came through the losers bracket to win just last year and getting double dipped is an aggy specialty.

• Drool 1

13 minutes ago, WBT said:

You don't win the PAC by 5 games if you suck.

Regional upsets happen every year and don't mean all that much.  And it's hardly over. Stanford came through the losers bracket to win just last year and getting double dipped is an aggy specialty.

I definitely think Stanford can still advance. Neither aggy or Stanford have any pitching left. It's likely going to be a slugfest the rest of the way and Stanford can hit. 

Clemson's season riding on the guy who took his first ever AB last night.  I'm not quite sure how this is happening to the #4 national seed.  Just got his first career hit though, stroked a single through the right side.

Iowa-UNC going to extras

2 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

I am sooooo fucking annoyed by that song they keep playing in Clemson.

Hopefully you won't hear it anymore...

49ers defeat Clemson 3-2

2 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Infield hit, Cajuns have 2 on and 2 out

Called strike 3.  Miami beats Cajuns 8-5

Edited by LTtxfan

3 hours ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Stanford has played nobody all year and somehow they got a national seed. This regional result is fairly predictable so far. 

The team the Ags beat is considered overrated… shocking.