2023 NCAA Regionals Thread

Horny Bull

24 minutes ago, petscii said:

My big fear is that we will play those teams non conference early... fuck that noise...

We should.  We'll be playing them at Minute Maid and Arlington now as well.

Edited by WBT

38 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

To be fair, I’m sure the Special Olympics were on the schedule before baseball even started and ISU last won a regional in 1986

It was probably part of their hosting bid too. I'm sure they knew.  The committee should have anticipated that the piggies would step on their dicks, again. 

Rumor on some LSU's boards is one of these names is A&M's Nate Yeskie. Yeskie has been good everywhere he's been but for whatever reason I don't think he's done that great of a job at A&M so far. 

The starting pitching in year 1 was mediocre and the starting pitching in year 2 was god awful. Yeskie has been good at piecing together things out of the bullpen though. I wonder if Yeskie and Schloss just weren't a good marriage and Yeskie is looking to move on? 

27 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Rumor on some LSU's boards is one of these names is A&M's Nate Yeskie. Yeskie has been good everywhere he's been but for whatever reason I don't think he's done that great of a job at A&M so far. 

The starting pitching in year 1 was mediocre and the starting pitching in year 2 was god awful. Yeskie has been good at piecing together things out of the bullpen though. I wonder if Yeskie and Schloss just weren't a good marriage and Yeskie is looking to move on? 

Yeah, it's a real mystery. Things should be pretty much plug and play at a top-notch baseball factory like a&m.  Top program in the state, ya' know.

3 hours ago, Valmy77 said:

Yeah. Great confidence in your team Indiana State to have your baseball field pre-booked for Super Regional weekend.

2 hours ago, Js1 said:

It was probably part of their hosting bid too. I'm sure they knew.  The committee should have anticipated that the piggies would step on their dicks, again. 

If you actually read the whole press release, they didnt book out their field. The issue was that a large majority of their baseball/activities employees were already booked to help run the Special Olympics, and that there wouldn't be enough hotel space to handle the visitors & TV crew because everything was already pre-booked for the Spec. Olympics.

and it sounds like something they have hosted for multiple decades, so they had to pass on hosting.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, AUS-97HORN said:

If you actually read the whole press release, they didnt book out their field. The issue was that a large majority of their baseball/activities employees were already booked to help run the Special Olympics

I did read the whole thing, but thanks. I’m sure they specified in their regional hosting bid that they would not be able to host a super due to that exact reason.  It was probably not a surprise to the NCAA. The NCAA should have known they’d have to find a diff site bc the Nomahogs choked so badly 

Edited by Js1

On 6/5/2023 at 11:34 PM, Rickylovesweed said:

I watched that game. It was pretty much a must-win game, at the time for aggy, after losing the opener to Mississippi State.

Nixon came in and I knew aggy was about to save their postseason chances. Although, Nixon apparently had a decent year in limited innings this year.  

…until it mattered. 🐍