Miami Regional Thread

Horny Bull

1 minute ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Also of note, every year we think Texas is going to flop in the postseason based on conference tournament results. 

Maybe it's time to realize those games don't mean shit. I'm even starting to question if the rest outweighs chasing a regional host at this point. 

conference tournaments are dumb 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Braff Zacklin said:

Forgive me for being a fairweather fan, but just wanted to drop in and congratulate everyone. Obviously not the best Texas team ever, yet it coasted through the regional and won two games against the hosts ... rather comfortably, I might add.

Impressed.

Conference champs and regional champs. It's our standard.

On to the Supers.

• Hook 'Em 6

5 minutes ago, Tommy Nobis said:

So who fucking host if Aggys win? Didn’t it used to get bid on? I remember us out bidding UH for a super a while back when they won a regional at LSU to face us.

I don’t see how they could outbid us. Our stadium is bigger, nicer, and has a national tv broadcast setup and studio built into it. 

• Hook 'Em 3

6 minutes ago, Tommy Nobis said:

So who fucking host if Aggys win? Didn’t it used to get bid on? I remember us out bidding UH for a super a while back when they won a regional at LSU to face us.

We beat the aggies head to head, won our conference, have a better record, and better facilities. The aggies blow bubbles. Advantage Texas

• Hook 'Em 5

7 minutes ago, Tommy Nobis said:

I could be wrong but I thought the story was that UH hadn't submitted a bid to host. I think all the bids are submitted before the tourney starts.

Agree with all the Pierce sentiments. For all of his faults, he seems to get the team playing their best in the post season. Now, if he could do a little better in acquiring talent for a deeper roster then it would a lot easier on him. 

• Hook 'Em 4

1 minute ago, chase25 said:

Just like to add as well that it is time that people start giving David Pierce his flowers laurels.  Coaching in the biggest shadow in college baseball following Cliff Gustafson and Augie Garrido. On top of that he is managing in the most competitive era of college baseball to date and all he has done is win 3 conference titles, 3 CWS appearances, 4 supers appearances, and a 23-10 NCAA tournament record in 6 full seasons.

The 7th season that got scrapped would have had a rotation of Elder, Madden, and Hansen. 

I would be surprised if Pierce doesn’t eventually get a National Title before he is done here and even if he doesn’t he is a very good HC

can we stop sucking ourselves please?   and my guess is pierce will graciously accept flowers here in pride month; and prefer everyone hold the laurels until our omaha journey is decided

• Hook 'Em 2