Miami Regional Thread

Horny Bull

7 minutes ago, Levi said:

You could say the Pierce hiring was akin to the Strong hiring. Both had different outcomes. Herman was singled out immediately without hesitation and it turned out to be the wrong choice. Hiring at the end of the day is difficult to forecast but I agree there are some for sure slam dunks. No one thinks Riley at USC is going to be a bad hire. 

Pierce imo had done a good job at keeping the expectation of hosting regionals and supers. Got lucky one year with ole miss getting upset but Augie went there and got the job done. Who’s to say Pierce wouldn’t be able to. The OU sweep also showed that Pierce understands the level at which we should carry ourselves. After that series this team flipped the switch and hasn’t looked back. If he keeps putting himself in position to win one it’ll eventually happen. I could be wrong but I doubt we’ve got a Florida st situation on our hands. 

Probably best I stay away from expressing my thoughts on the general approach towards football hires. I'll just say the only time since Darrell Royal I felt like the university actually went after the best candidate available was the Mack Brown hire. Regardless of whether Brown succeeded or not, I would have been willing to defend that hire until the day I died. Slam dunk. The rest of them - all of them - have issues. I have no idea why the philosophy can't be to go out and get the best candidate every time, but something or someone is always getting in the way of that. But I'll refrain from a case by case analysis, especially on the baseball board. 

Which is not to say Sarkisian won't be successful. That's not my point. 

In any case, if there was any program other than football that should be able to go out there and money whip practically whatever coach they want to come be the head coach at UT, it would seem to me baseball would be it. Which is why that whole process under Perrin was so frustrating. But that's okay. I like Pierce. I think he's going to bring us hardware eventually. He's shown me he's ruthless enough that sentimentality isn't going to get in the way. That's a good sign. Could be this year is the year. I do know I'm excited the team has made it to Super Regionals.

Oh, and no dog pile. That may be my favorite tradition in all of UT sports. 

• Hook 'Em 6

3 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Help me out here, 

An aggy I know is saying because UT has the track NCs Im and high school beisbol championships in Austin, that favors college station. True or nah?

Doubt it. The hosting committee didn’t give a rats ass about the Lexington cluster fuck with no hotels due to other events. Visiting teams had to stay in on campus dorms.

4 minutes ago, SL Xpress said:

Probably best I stay away from expressing my thoughts on the general approach towards football hires. I'll just say the only time since Darrell Royal I felt like the university actually went after the best candidate available was the Mack Brown hire. Regardless of whether Brown succeeded or not, I would have been willing to defend that hire until the day I died. Slam dunk. The rest of them - all of them - have issues. I have no idea why the philosophy can't be to go out and get the best candidate every time, but something or someone is always getting in the way of that. But I'll refrain from a case by case analysis, especially on the baseball board. 

Which is not to say Sarkisian won't be successful. That's not my point. 

In any case, if there was any program other than football that should be able to go out there and money whip practically whatever coach they want to come be the head coach at UT, it would seem to me baseball would be it. Which is why that whole process under Perrin was so frustrating. But that's okay. I like Pierce. I think he's going to bring us hardware eventually. He's shown me he's ruthless enough that sentimentality isn't going to get in the way. That's a good sign. Could be this year is the year. I do know I'm excited the team has made it to Super Regionals.

Oh, and no dog pile. That may be my favorite tradition in all of UT sports. 

I mean, we made the literal greatest of all time and Urban Meyer say no. We definitely went for it, we just fucked up the backup plans. 

13 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Help me out here, 

An aggy I know is saying because UT has the track NCs Im and high school beisbol championships in Austin, that favors college station. True or nah?

Sounds like the wishful thinking bullshit being spread around texags right now

6 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

In the post-season the biggest game of the season is always the next game. Risking injury in a dogpile when you still have games to play is nuts. 

That's true, but you and I both know that's not why Texas has refused to dog pile all these years after regionals. 

And there's still an injury risk after super regionals as well. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Valmy77 said:

UT cleared the schedule for a possible Super Regional already. We aren't idiots.

That's good to hear.

Well, let's hope we host the supers, then. Although I'm still not going to root for A&M. It'll simply be a nice bonus if they happen to win, along with a favorable Director's Cup standing. 

• Hook 'Em 1

And yes I know the real reason we don't dogpile is because of some "We're Texas" shit but here it makes good sense as well.

When we won the title in 2005 we had somebody take a cleat to the face in the dogpile. Glad that shit didn't happen when we still had games to play.

9 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

That logic would mean we were the higher 2 seed if we got matched up with the lower 1 seed but obviously we can't expect TexAgs to get to the second logical step. 

That is EXACTLY what happened. We were and are the higher 2 seed between us and farmer.

27 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Help me out here, 

It does not, Stanford is going to win both these games.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

Does Disch-Falk allow bubble-blowing machines?

You have to wonder what the average Stanford fan thinks of these morons, waving towels, blowing bubbles, whooping incessantly, etc.  God they are such an embarassment.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Grade of D as in David said:

They want to buy all of the aluminum bleachers they can find and stack them 5 high.  

Great idea given their history of stacking things.

And the average weight of aggy. Though I’ve been told aluminum does have a very high strength to weight ratio. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, troph said:

Those fucking weirdos are going to lose their regional. 13-5 now after a grand slam. 

As much as I'd prefer to play them here as opposed to Stanford there, it's really hard for me to take anything but joy watching those freaks shit the bed.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 5
  • Drool 1

1 hour ago, Pancho said:

Help me out here, 

your first clue to the answer is "aggy I know is saying..."

9 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

As much as I'd prefer to play them here as opposed to Stanford there, it's really hard for me to take anything but joy watching those freaks shit the bed.  

I really don't care either way because I don't think Standford is that good anyway but I'm really tired of the NCAA trying to manufacture ways to get us to play those fucknuts.

That said, If we get similar performances(7 solid innings) out of Gordon and LBJ it aint gonna make a shit.

• Hook 'Em 3

34 minutes ago, BERT said:

Not sure where put this but this is a damn good day. Texas wins and my best friends 10yr old girl got to meet Jennie Finch in OKC today! Turns out Finch is coaching the team they’re playing tomorrow. Pretty fucking cool if you ask me. 

oh, and she got on the Jumbo screen at the Washington vs Stanford game. Love that kid. 

and now tree just hit grand slam lol

I took my daughter to the WCWS when she was about 10.  I had already taken her to Omaha several times, but she had a different level of excitement about OKC.  Got her an Osterman shirsey at the HoF next door.  More fun than I ever expected to have in Oklahoma.

• Hook 'Em 1