Miami Regional Thread

Horny Bull

7 minutes ago, Cajun said:

After his douchebag display whilst getting swept in Austin this year I say fuck him.  

Good riddance and he got exactly what he deserved - Nada, zip, bupkus.

What did the prima donna do?

That was the one series I missed this year due to being out of town. 

39 minutes ago, BillyGoatHill said:

What did the prima donna do?

That was the one series I missed this year due to being out of town. 

pouted.

He also bat flipped and strutted around the bases in Game 1 when he homered to put them ahead.. and then really chirped and was talking mad shit in game 2 when his only hit of the game in the 9th inning tied the game.

overall he did pretty well against us.  2HR, 4RBI, 5 for 12, 1 walk.

He clearly had the chip on his shoulder. 

And I am pretty sure even today, he still believes he should have started over that no-talent-ass-clown, the Golden-Spikes-award-winning Ivan Melendez

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

I know we have loosened up the unwritten rules of baseball quite a bit, but was the Miami first hr too much with the watching and then airplane arms out gesture headed to first?  At least for a 2nd inning hr?

or is it all ok now and i just need to ignore it?

i made a post endorsing it when it happened. baseball is the last sport that prides itself on being in the dark ages when it comes to this stuff.

soccer: score a goal? run to corner and do a choreographed dance with half of your teammates 

basketball: dunk on someone? let out a primal scream, stare the guy down, then beat your chest on your way back down the court 

football: score a TD, run towards the EZ camera and pose with your entire team

baseball: hit a massive HR in postseason play vs the all time greatest program in front of your home fans? don't celebrate it or we'll hurl a projectile 95 mph at your head the next time you're up. so stupid.

also, if you can back it up, then great. if you can't, then it'll be that much more hilarious. case in point: Miami's SP yesterday who was obviously feeling himself, strutting around out there like some sort of gallo because he'd gone 7-up, 7-down. how stupid did he look 5 er later getting pulled from the game? LOL. 

• Hook 'Em 3

25 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

i made a post endorsing it when it happened. baseball is the last sport that prides itself on being in the dark ages when it comes to this stuff.

soccer: score a goal? run to corner and do a choreographed dance with half of your teammates 

basketball: dunk on someone? let out a primal scream, stare the guy down, then beat your chest on your way back down the court 

baseball: hit a massive HR in postseason play vs the all time greatest program in front of your home fans? don't celebrate it or we'll hurl a projectile 95 mph at your head the next time you're up. so stupid.

also, if you can back it up, then great. if you can't, then it'll be that much more hilarious. case in point: Miami's SP yesterday who was obviously feeling himself, strutting around out there like some sort of gallo because he'd gone 7-up, 7-down. how stupid did he look 5 er later getting pulled from the game? LOL. 

I don’t really think fans should care. I completely understand being a pitcher and not being happy about it. If I’m on the mound, and you show me up, you might not wear it but you’ll certainly get a buzz

1 hour ago, AUS-97HORN said:

pouted.

He also bat flipped and strutted around the bases in Game 1 when he homered to put them ahead.. and then really chirped and was talking mad shit in game 2 when his only hit of the game in the 9th inning tied the game.

overall he did pretty well against us.  2HR, 4RBI, 5 for 12, 1 walk.

He clearly had the chip on his shoulder. 

And I am pretty sure even today, he still believes he should have started over that no-talent-ass-clown, the Golden-Spikes-award-winning Ivan Melendez

Thanks for saving me the typing. 

Accurate recap is accurate.  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Dewey said:

Lot of gomer gum bumping on Twitter about who will host the Super next weekend, have to go with Stanford hosting Texas. 

That is just tempting the baseball gods.

Crazy that after last night they would just assume a victory tonight and start talking about next weekend. Still a game to win Ags.

1 hour ago, shadow_operative said:

endorsing? 

@Cajun and I had a little back and forth a while back about guys celebrating. That was fun. At the end of the day some like seeing/doing it and vice versa. I’ve always been on the side that the game is ridiculously hard and showing a little emotion when succeeding is fine. Just don’t do anything that disrespects the other team or what your own teams culture considers dumb. If the opposing team wants to do a quick air plane thing rounding first and GG wants to do a quick celebration after an RBI double then meh, they’re both having fun. Whatever it is they need to back it up or the loss will sting a bit more. 

• Hook 'Em 2

9 minutes ago, Levi said:

@Cajun and I had a little back and forth a while back about guys celebrating. That was fun. At the end of the day some like seeing/doing it and vice versa. I’ve always been on the side that the game is ridiculously hard and showing a little emotion when succeeding is fine. Just don’t do anything that disrespects the other team or what your own teams culture considers dumb. If the opposing team wants to do a quick air plane thing rounding first and GG wants to do a quick celebration after an RBI double then meh, they’re both having fun. Whatever it is they need to back it up or the loss will sting a bit more. 

It's all fun and games until you get plunked in the earhole 

11 minutes ago, BERT said:

It's all fun and games until you get plunked in the earhole 

Like others have said it doesn’t happen much anymore. Maybe in the lower body tho. I think most have come to realize that throwing at a guys ear hole is a dumb way to send a message. If you’re going to do it then throw it 95 to ribs and get on with the game. 

Edited by Levi

An assistant I hope we keep long-term is Rodriguez. I think he's done a very good job with the lineup all things considering. 

Brown is having the best season of his career, Thomas has improved throughout the year, Powell came out of nowhere, Guilmette is having the best season of his career, etc. All these things can't be a coincidence. 

I don't think this lineup has near the talent of last year's team and the regression hasn't been nearly as steep as I thought it would be. 

12 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

An assistant I hope we keep long-term is Rodriguez. I think he's done a very good job with the lineup all things considering. 

Brown is having the best season of his career, Thomas has improved throughout the year, Powell came out of nowhere, Guilmette is having the best season of his career, etc. All these things can't be a coincidence. 

I don't think this lineup has near the talent of last year's team and the regression hasn't been nearly as steep as I thought it would be. 

Pierce was already strong out west, but that doesn’t hurt either. Maybe Rodriguez gets more of these guys to stick on the roster, 5 in this next class 

1 hour ago, NorthLoop said:

To be fair, I haven't seen a dude get plunked after celebrating a HR in a really really long time. Usually just ends up leading to more shit talking from the other team later. 

last big drama moment i can remember related to this was the whole blue jays and rangers thing.

32 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

I think he sticks for several years, I would put the max at 5 though before he returns out west. One of UC Irvine, Cal State Fullerton, Long Beach St. would be stupid not to give him an opportunity. And in the off chance USC decides to give a shit about baseball again I think Rodriguez could do big things with a brand like that.

2 hours ago, Levi said:

I'm for it sometimes and other times it just guts me to see.  

Lotsa nuance and shit.

• Hook 'Em 2

33 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Hey Robert, now go home and get your fucking shine box.

So the next time we win a director's cup remind you that we don't give a shit about winning the director's cup? Did he mean if we lose the director's cup?

aggy logic at it's finest. 

1 hour ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Longley is more important than Rodriguez in terms of player development. He has been really good and someone Tulo worked with closely last year.

Rodriguez does have some connections on the west coast which I’m sure help in recruiting.

Edited by Hookem2147

7 hours ago, Valmy77 said:

Not sure.

Pretty sure it would be us but it depends on whose bid looks more attractive to the NCAA I think.

Yeah, you would think the team who was a co-conf champ, has a better overall record, won the H2H game on the opponents field, and won their regional in only three games would be a no-brainer to host.   I can’t think of one good reason why the Aggies would host other than they played in a tougher conference.  

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, Grade of D as in David said:

No, fightin' Texum aggy will chop down every tree in sight and stack them up in a replica of the original wooden Polo Grounds.

check that, I've just been informed it will be at the colosseum....in Rome.  beat that sip!

• Haha 1