Plumbers welcome.

The well at my hays county place was installed 20 years ago.  The main water line shutoff has developed a slow drip at the metal shutoff valve, as pictured.  Can I replace a washer in the handle part, or does the whole section need to be replaced?  If the latter fuck that, it looks like Frankenstein.  
spacer.png

Replacement handle, bolt and o-ring will most likely fix it, I would remove everything you can, take as many pictures and you can and take it to a plumbing supply.  That is really standard stuff.  I believe you can also replace the ball but that would require removing the whole thing.  It is really not that hard to remove it and replace those PVC connections, but you would need a drill attachment that will drill out the excess connecting pipe in the fittings.  I've never done that, I bet it can be tricky, if you overcut you're f*&cked.

47 minutes ago, Dr Fear said:

Replacement handle, bolt and o-ring will most likely fix it, I would remove everything you can, take as many pictures and you can and take it to a plumbing supply.  That is really standard stuff.  I believe you can also replace the ball but that would require removing the whole thing.  It is really not that hard to remove it and replace those PVC connections, but you would need a drill attachment that will drill out the excess connecting pipe in the fittings.  I've never done that, I bet it can be tricky, if you overcut you're f*&cked.

Duh, yeah dealing with fixing anything between two fixed points, I’m at a disadvantage.

That’s a cheap ball valve. Spend $20 to buy a new one at Home Depot and you’ll be good for another 20years. Go ahead and get some pvc parts too because you’ll probably break one or two pieces taking it apart or putting back together.