1 hour ago, bob in houston said:

so far I've found

in10se
nicole44
fucktrump

and these tricky ones:
-johnny sack
superhero_

I've banned them all and will continue to ban him, he's gone for good.

wow, lmao, that is one pathetic loser.

Edited by Goo Punch

Lotta shitty socks littering up the place. They add nothing.  Folks complained about the level of discourse at TOS, but Surly politics isn't much better than what I hear from my not yet in high school son and his gaming buddies on xbox party chat.  It's nigh impossible to have an adult conversation anymore.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Cheeseweasel said:

I've never understood the sock thing. Sounds like something you should get a timeout for.

There are a few reasons people use socks but the only arguably justifiable one I can think of is if you want to get advice on something very personal or embarrassing without it being attached to your original handle.

2 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

There are a few reasons people use socks but the only arguably justifiable one I can think of is if you want to get advice on something very personal or embarrassing without it being attached to your original handle.

I can't believe that I had never thought of that as a reason for using a sock but it makes sense.   Wonder how many "socks" posted in the shart thread?

sheeeit forgot to logout out and switch between socks and twice referred to himself in the third person. It's been liked by four of our resident new troll accounts.  

You seem to be backtracking a bit now.  Sheeeit never even suggested that trump was doing "america's will".  Sheeit was calling you out for suggesting that trump being potus was against the will of the people based on the fact that he got fewer votes.  I mean this was your post right?

Props to Mojo for catching it. 

• Like 2

bad teammate
bill clinton
joe rogan
sidney sherman
smokeybear1861
have all posted from the same IP's

Wow. If true, it now all makes sense. Bad Teammate is one of the worst posters on shag/surly because of his extremely distorted view of reality. To now find out he’s such a punk that he’s created a bunch of socks to bolster his own persona just confirms this is a guy with big problems. Good to know for implementing Ignore. If not true, well, uh, nevermind?

While im not generally a BT fan but im pretty sure there was an explanation for the IP.  VPN.

But if we are banning socks there was a thread a while back that clearly listed some sock posters negging everything they didnt agree with in CR (if a person didnt agree w you youd get multiple negs after a while it was obvious).  Might want to revisit that thread and clean house just to keep it consistent.   

found it 

Edited by SDG

Wait, so the thought is a super libtard poster made super conservtard socks? Why? It's not like the socks were that unbelievable or caricatures. Most of them read like DSA's posts on Shaggy. If it was a super libtard making super libtard socks that always chimed in to support the person's arguments then I could see the point.

Edited by mdmost

17 hours ago, Moby Ric said:

I think the entire Politics board is two guys and a bunch of socks.  There is no way that many people can be that fucking stupid.  It is hilarious and sometimes sad to read some of the thoughts that go through those peoples heads.

No man, I've been to the supermarket.  People actually are that stupid.

CR is now about the worst fucking piece of shit that's come along since Charlie Strong's offensive game plans.  However, even Charlie wasn't an angry, bitter hermit type who created multiple personalities to prop up his own distorted, unlikable disposition and really, really ignorantly-so-stupid-responding-to-it-would-be-like-conversing-with-an-amoeba-but-the-amoeba-would-provide-more-intelligent-responses-anyway twisted views. 

I thank the Lord Jesus Christ and the Virgin Mary that I was able to essentially kick the habit of that shithole.  No, shithole would be way too kind.  Let's call it the Norman of Surly.

• Like 2

On 6/29/2018 at 5:49 AM, phdhorn said:

I think if you use a sock for any purpose but some confidential, necessary reason, you should be banned.  People who go on sites using socks are fucking mental and deserve to be kicked in the nuts.

Sincerely, PO1D.

Agree

12 hours ago, GhostofDanJones said:

I'm unfamiliar with clearlakehorn. What did he do exactly to get banned and besides not having a life, why does he create so many socks?

This. I don't know anything about him. But I am guessing he is a Cloak Room poster. I never venture into there and all that drama that goes on in that section.