New Red Dead Placeholder thread

Baboontyme

20 hours ago, longhornmatt said:

All that stuff about weapons degrading and having to clean your guns has me a little worried.  These games are better when they make you feel like you can do anything, not when you have to keep track of mundane shit.   Like when, in between flying fighter jets and driving stunt motorcycles off mountain cliffs in GTA San Andreas and GTA V, they decided to make GTA IV about taking taxi cabs, keeping up with social obligations, and answering your cell phone at all times.

I am a bit worried too. Playing the witcher 3, I would have to carry 4 swords because I kept running out of repair items and would be way off in some corner killing shit when my sword would wear out. Shit was pretty lame.

1. I’m gonna be pissed when my warhorse gets hit by lightning! I kept him alive through all of RDR, with 2 reloads because once he ran off a cliff and another I got ambushed by cougars over by the oil derrick area north of Mexico at night...

2. Best Buy, Gamestop and frys are all doing a pre-order RDR2 and you can buy a Xbox one S or Xbox one X for $100 off, including bundles. I’m going to upgrade my Xbox one elite to an X this weekend with the deal. Deal is from oct 26th to nov 3.

• Like 1

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2018-red-dead-redemption-2-face-off

Rockstar's stunning technological achievement runs at native 4K on the X, and also delivers the smoothest performance.

At the top of the stack sits Xbox One X, rendering natively on ultra HD displays and looking magnificent. Taking the runner-up position here is PlayStation 4 Pro, which uses a reconstruction technique - likely checkerboarding - to take a native 1920x2160 framebuffer up to 4K.

As expected, pixel-counts on PlayStation 4 resolve at the de facto standard 1080p, while the Xbox One S - quantifiably the lowest quality experience - delivers just 864p.

https://kotaku.com/red-dead-redemption-2-the-kotaku-review-1829984369

So I apparently have Red Dead 1 from many moons ago for PS3 -- but I never played it. I was knee deep in having two kids under the age of 5 running around the house so I think what happened was I picked it up on the cheap and just never got to it. It went into a box and made two moves before seeing the light of day. Wondering if I should fire that up and play through it before tackling RDR2. Thoughts?

On 10/22/2018 at 5:42 PM, NateHitch said:

Toying around with the idea of getting the ps4 pro bundle and selling my current ps4.  Is the pro a big enough leap to justify the hassle and cost?  

I had a PS4.  I got the PS4 Pro God of War bundle.  Played GOW on the PS4 and the PS4 Pro and I honestly could not tell much of a difference.  My eyes are shitty and I have a cheap TCL 4k so take that FWIW.  I put an SSD in the PS4 Pro and that cut the load times by like 25-30%, definitely worth it to me.

edit: I gave the PS4 to a good friend's kid and made his year.  

Edited by Hozz
What happened to the PS4?

So I apparently have Red Dead 1 from many moons ago for PS3 -- but I never played it. I was knee deep in having two kids under the age of 5 running around the house so I think what happened was I picked it up on the cheap and just never got to it. It went into a box and made two moves before seeing the light of day. Wondering if I should fire that up and play through it before tackling RDR2. Thoughts?

I honestly would love to be in a position to go back and play RDR1 again without knowing too much about it.

It is absolutely one of my all-time favorite games. Up there with the Halos, Zelda-link to the past, super Metroid, half-life, bioshock and system shock.

Of all of those RDR had probably one of the most beautiful transitions ever that I don’t want to spoil but leaving the US of A was a-mazing.

Just traded in my One S for the X and RDR2 for $248.00.

$250 Credit for trading in console.

$100 off console for buying it with RDR2.b29b977e2b5b4d57be71aa1e6ffb80af.jpg

Did the deal today. Got the fallout 76 white Xb1x. Although I have my Xbox one to my kiddos for overwatch and fortnite use now.

Of course I know have to keep track of my receipt now because I can’t preload fallout76 for 2 weeks still...

Did the deal today. Got the fallout 76 white Xb1x. Although I have my Xbox one to my kiddos for overwatch and fortnite use now.

Of course I know have to keep track of my receipt now because I can’t preload fallout76 for 2 weeks still...
Yeah I love the white. Big reason why I liked the One S.e7cb533a1a4827e7c3fe69c609a03466.jpg

9 hours ago, C-Man said:

My favorite game of that generation. Play it.

Some of the controls are a bit clunky, mostly with hitching the horse (and turning it around in close quarters), and picking up weapons (but not wanting to drop your weapon, or choose the weapon to drop, or maybe it just ends up back at your horse anyhow?).  Accidentally roughed up a guy in Valentine trying to park my horse, had to beat the shit out of him.  No big deal.  Loot his beltbuckle because he fucking started it and then now everyone is getting all bent out of shape and witnessing shit?  Ran across a woman being kidnapped on the back of a horse - shot the dude off, couldn't both lasso the horse and remove the woman from it, shot the horse, might have knicked her, then she's running off to go witness an assault I did and well... you know how that goes.

Man though - brushing up against trees, the animals, the horizons, the mountains.  Damn impressive and I feel like I haven't scratched the surface.

• Like 1