Columbo

Vic Mackey

Almost all seasons are on Peacock. They are missing some of the very later seasons from season 11-13. Anyone enjoy this show?

I grew up watching this as my dad and grandparents loved all the murder mystery shows. I am going back and watching all of these in order and they still are enjoyable today. A lot of big names as the murderer throughout the years (some making more than one appearance). Peter Falk was amazing in this role.

content.png

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

I love the show.  I think one of the best TV series ever made.  Love the later run of the show too.  From what I can tell the later episodes were probably more like specials rather than a typical series in that I think they were longer episodes and fewer episodes per "season."  

Loved the episodes starting Robert Culp and Jack Cassidy.  

I didn't realize until a few days ago that there was a TV series called "Mrs Columbo" which is now showing on Tubi.  The premise is that a very milfy Kate Mulgrew (who later played Captain Janeway on Start Trek Voyager) plays the wife of Columbo who is never seen on the series.  She is raising their daughter and works at a small newspaper as a reporter and solves crimes.  I had high hopes but after watching a handful of the episodes it's not very good.  The initial episode is a two part, but I think only 1 part is available.  It stars Robert Culp and an appearance is made by one of the recurring detectives on the original series.     

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Recently watched the episode where Johnny Cash is a gospel folk singer who murders his wife and a young choir member he boinked when she was underage, so the wife is extorting him to keep releasing hits and selling out venues to build a new tabernacle by dragging the jail-bait with them everywhere they go.

I really would've preferred Columbo let the bad guy have this one.  The wife (played by Ida Lupino) was enough to turn anyone into a murderer.

You also have to admire how he killed them DB Cooper style.

Loved this show during my 70's childhood.  Loved it.

Edited by Augustus
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1