Saudi blood money combo tour discussion

thunderlounge

4 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Well this will be quite awkward for Phil.

So, comparing a guy like Phil to Rory, both are in the exact same place now, the exact same Tour, except Phil got a $100 million or so extra to play LIV for a year?

Win for the LIV guys.

• Hook 'Em 4

18 minutes ago, AUS-97HORN said:

soooo much money thrown their way and now they get to keep the money and play in the regular events.

Make no mistake, this was always the plan: temporarily weaken the PGA for a shit ton of money, get welcomed back like nothing happened. They never thought the LIV tour would last 10+ years.

Edited by aggie08

I certainly hope that fucking Greg Norman is not part of the group going forward, seems like he personally burned a lot of bridges; and he isn't that well received by the Saudi's lately either. 
I think my personal tribute to the Great White Skank will be to donate all my shirts with his logo to a homeless shelter. I'd burn them but someone can really use them (well maybe burn one in effigy) 

• Hook 'Em 2

Also I just read where all parties agree to end pending litigation - that is gonna piss off Cheater Reed. 

Also, I'm interested it there is some bullshit look back and give LIV players OWGR points for playing in their Calcutta's.

Edited by Wally Fairway

So after all the criticisms of players taking Saudi money, the merger seems to be almost entirely about Saudi funding PGA. What a fucking joke. I don't even like golf but the international relations aspect is fascinating to me. Isn't the exact same person who wrote that letter to the players the same person who lauded Rory, etc., for their criticisms of Saudi money? The whole thing feels so gross. The first event might as well be called he Khashoggi Open.

Edited by 'stache
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

I look forward to PGA players breaking off from this new league and former their own league. 

For some strange reason, this makes me feel dirty.

You mean after three years of correctly characterizing Saudi money as blood money and now taking it as a key part of the merger, that makes you feel uncomfortable? Of course it does, it's disgusting. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

I think it's funny as shit.  As the PGA was simply greedy, and that opened the door for LIV to come in and help rehab, the murderer Saudi Prince's reputation.

So Phil Mickelson was demonized like a mofo, and in the end the PGA took the money, just like Phil.  Whores gonna whore you know.  Does anyone here think they purses in the PGA would have gotten larger if Phil had only talked nicer while a leader on the PGA? The changes were a direct reaction to new tour buying off top talent in a way they could do forever to some degree.  

But Tiger Woods has got be be kicking himself in the ass... What was his deal $700-800 million?  

So LIV is the financier and the PGA is now a hired hand that runs the Tournaments.  PGA has more seats on the board (but whores gonna whore) so who knows how long that will last in reality.

Edited by horn4life
  • Hook 'Em 5

2 minutes ago, 'stache said:

You mean after three years of correctly characterizing Saudi money as blood money and now taking it as a key part of the merger, that makes you feel uncomfortable? Of course it does, it's disgusting. 

For 3 years you call a dipshit whoring bitch a whore, rightfully, and then you drunkenly marry her and surprise your family with an announcement.

Fuck Jay.

• Hook 'Em 1