2023 NCAA Super Regionals Thread

WBT

You know there is no need for this guy to keep referring to the Bama coach as the interim head coach.   He said it like eight times.

The guy is the head coach until he's not the head coach.  I wonder if he goes to parties and introduces his wife as his interim spouse.   Make for an interesting ride home.

1 hour ago, Biff Tannen said:

Just act like you've been there at all.  JFC

They are acting like neophytes because they are. They HAVEN'T been there before.

To bluebloods they look like jackasses. Maybe they are ALSO jackasses, who knows?  All I know is that I'm glad our kids know how to act. It's part of our culture and even the transfers get schooled on how to carry themselves. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Biff Tannen said:

Ugh.  Fuck Wake Forest.  Do NOT like that team.

They are obviously a worry and very hot but Game one of the CWS will be their biggest game in 70 years. Nobody on their team has any experience playing in Omaha (rough research) and will be playing a team coming into their 3rd consecutive CWS appearance no matter who wins our super. This Texas team won't be worried going into that game if we can close this out. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Sir Ulrich said:

They are obviously a worry and very hot but Game one of the CWS will be their biggest game in 70 years. Nobody on their team has any experience playing in Omaha (rough research) and will be playing a team coming into their 3rd consecutive CWS appearance no matter who wins our super. This Texas team won't be worried going into that game if we can close this out. 

Exactly.  If you're going to play them, game 1 in Omaha is when you want to get them.

• Hook 'Em 3

2 hours ago, HRSchenker said:

Oregon manager should be fired. How the fuck are you gonna pull a vet so he can get an ovation and then lose your fucking ass on a play like that? I hope Oral Roberts deep throats them the hell out of the tournament

Again, Oregon sucks, but Oral Roberts? Fuck that televangelist "school" and everyone that has anything to do with them.  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Drool 1

Just now, WBT said:

2 run HR for Duke.  Looked like the LF should have easily been able to rob it in front of their 6.5 foot wall but he didn't even really jump.

He misplayed the wall and when he jumped it pushed him down. Tough play, but definitely could have caught it. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, WBT said:

2 run HR for Duke.  Looked like the LF should have easily been able to rob it in front of their 6.5 foot wall but he didn't even really jump.

Yeah…. That wasn’t exactly Griffey Jr right there.  Duke can hit.  I am not sure they can slow Virginia down but I bet UVA has to get more than 5 to win.  

If Wake Forest doesn’t play well in Omaha it won’t be because the moment was too big. They are 18-7 away from home and won the 2nd best conference in college baseball by 2 1/2 games. Wake has 7 legit arms.

Lucas is going to need his A++ changeup

15 minutes ago, chase25 said:

If Wake Forest doesn’t play well in Omaha it won’t be because the moment was too big. They are 18-7 away from home and won the 2nd best conference in college baseball by 2 1/2 games. Wake has 7 legit arms.

Lucas is going to need his A++ changeup

? If they don’t play well the moment being too big is exactly the reason. You pointed out things done not in Omaha by a team of players who have never been there. Texas sucked on the road prior to Miami regional and are one win away from Omaha using your logic we already got knocked out right? In no way is that away record for wake indicative of anything other than they are a good team. Is 01 Miami the last #1 to win it? They haven’t been since 1955, #1 seed no pressure though cause they had a great road record.

announcer more than a little excited about the grand salami. 

they were up NINE runs before.  announcer says that the batter may have just punched a ticket to omaha.... dude its the 8th fucking inning.  that ticket was punched barring an absolute meltdown

2 minutes ago, Dondrysdale1 said:

? If they don’t play well the moment being too big is exactly the reason. You pointed out things done not in Omaha by a team of players who have never been there. Texas sucked on the road prior to Miami regional and are one win away from Omaha using your logic we already got knocked out right? In no way is that away record for wake indicative of anything other than they are a good team. Is 01 Miami the last #1 to win it? They haven’t been since 1955, #1 seed no pressure though cause they had a great road record.

Sometimes people don’t play well and it’s not indicative of anything. 2021 Ivan Melendez had several big hits in Omaha, in 2022 he had 1 hit in Omaha. Was the moment too big for him in 2022? No, doesn’t even make sense.

Their road record isn’t the end all be all but it’s relevant, and all I’m saying is this isn’t some mid major that’s racked up wins against Q3 and Q4 teams, these guys won the ACC by 2 1/2 games.

They’ve swept Miami and Clemson, 21-6 against teams in the RPI top 50. They may get to Omaha and just have a bad 2 games. All I’m saying is they have played enough quality competition in big environments that their bad performance won’t be because they clammed up and shit their pants because they see how big Charles Schwab field is

1 hour ago, Sir Ulrich said:

With all due respect, everything you said is vastly overrated. Wake will be a massive favorite particularly over Texas. 

1 minute ago, Biff Tannen said:

There are so many home runs this weekend.  I cannot believe it is simply great hitting.  There has to be shitty pitching involved too.  If it really is just great hitting, we are going to get rolled because we do NOT have great hitting.

I’m not saying it happened this year, but I think they did something with the ball. Program home runs records have been getting shattered left and right the past few years, and I refuse to believe that is just a coincidence. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

there hasnt been a single HR during the Wake game that wasnt a no-doubter... even the Bama ones all went well beyond the walls.   the only one that "had doubt" was the 2nd 2 run homer going to right field.  its doubt was fair/foul, but crushed beyond the fence. 

1 hour ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

No one is arguing this. 

Ok fine.  I just hate that Wake acts like every home run is the greatest thing they've ever done.

1 hour ago, Horny Bull said:

I’m not saying it happened this year, but I think they did something with the ball. Program home runs records have been getting shattered left and right the past few years, and I refuse to believe that is just a coincidence. 

Seriously this.  It feels like the late 90s and FSU gorilla ball.

I'm mainly watching the Bama game, and their pitchers  just cannot locate the ball at all.  That curve that got hit for a salami looked like the curve I threw when I was 14, when I was just trying to get it close to the zone because I knew the batter wouldn't be able to hit it because he had hardly seen any curves in his life.  

And there's another bomb off a meatball.  At some point, the pitchers have to knock a hitter or two down.

• Hook 'Em 2