2023 NCAA Super Regionals Thread

WBT

7 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Ok fine.  I just hate that Wake acts like every home run is the greatest thing they've ever done.

Seriously this.  It feels like the late 90s and FSU gorilla ball.

They’re kids playing for by far the best team in the nation  

Gorilla ball was LSU. 

11 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

There are so many home runs this weekend.  I cannot believe it is simply great hitting.  There has to be shitty pitching involved too.  If it really is just great hitting, we are going to get rolled because we do NOT have great hitting.

Shitty pitching everywhere.  Guys like Lowder, Skenes and Gordon are definitely the exceptions.  Every time I checked out opposing rosters, I was surprised by the horrible pitching numbers. At the same time, even the best pitchers are giving up bombs. The key is limiting them to solo shots.

1 hour ago, Porterhouse said:

They’re kids playing for by far the best team in the nation  

Gorilla ball was LSU. 

I've seen kids every year play for the best team in the nation.  Most of them didn't act like clowns.  

Correct on the terminology for LSU.  I just remember the FSU bats before they changed the rules and that's what the Wake homers feel like right now.  It's silly.

2 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

I've seen kids every year play for the best team in the nation.  Most of them didn't act like clowns.  

The ones last year sure as hell did.  Until they lost their SR.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WBT said:

Your hatred is prettty bizarre to me.  Have you never watched Tennessee play?

Aside from their clown show, bro-culture shenanigans, I also just basically refuse to believe they can be this good.  If they wreck shop in Omaha, I'll eat crow, but come the fuck on.  This weekend for them was a mockery.  And if they ARE that good, they shouldn't act all surprised and show up the other team after every homer.  They should be used to it.

22 minutes ago, zlavydra said:

Probably an unpopular opinion, but I think that the losing team shouldn't be expected to stick around and shake hands if the other team is going to dogpile, play to the crowd, etc.

I agree. Coaches do a quick shake and let the team get out of there. 

16 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Aside from their clown show, bro-culture shenanigans, I also just basically refuse to believe they can be this good.  If they wreck shop in Omaha, I'll eat crow, but come the fuck on.  This weekend for them was a mockery.  And if they ARE that good, they shouldn't act all surprised and show up the other team after every homer.  They should be used to it.

They're very good.  They also wouldn't be the first very good team to go 2 and Q.

• Like 1
  • Drool 2

44 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Correct on the terminology for LSU.  I just remember the FSU bats before they changed the rules and that's what the Wake homers feel like right now.  It's silly.

That’s just baseball in general. I’ve noticed a lot of antics in MLB dugouts after a home run. Affects all clubs and started this year. Maybe I’ll change my mind when I see Wake play. 

Well shit, USM letting Tennessee right back in it.  That was rather crushed...on replay you can see it land in the church parking lot way behind those people in the lawnchairs.

This announcer keeps saying it's a new ballgame...doesn't that mean it's tied?  He did the same thing when they cut the lead to 4-3 in Game 1.

Edited by WBT