Messi to Inter Miami

BurntOrange&White

The old agreements that were being discussed was him signing with Miami and then going on loan for a few years back to Europe then coming to MLS. This was discussed when Miami got awarded an expansion team. I wonder if that still happens

16 minutes ago, Zepol87 said:

The old agreements that were being discussed was him signing with Miami and then going on loan for a few years back to Europe then coming to MLS. This was discussed when Miami got awarded an expansion team. I wonder if that still happens

Maybe they loan him for another season or something but I'm not sure why Miami would buy him if they aren't planning on him playing in the near future. He won't have much left in the tank at 38 and the league keeps getting better and better. 

1 hour ago, ztejas said:

Maybe they loan him for another season or something but I'm not sure why Miami would buy him if they aren't planning on him playing in the near future. He won't have much left in the tank at 38 and the league keeps getting better and better. 

yea those discussions were a couple years ago so definitely could change. Also seeing Miami is hiring Tata as coach lol

That new kid LA has is a fuckin problem. I think he had a hat trick against us. 

Okay he isn't a "kid" - he's 28. Bounaga. He didn't play much last season and was in France before that. 

Edited by ztejas
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Driussi - Zenit cast off

Mukhtar - Danish league cast off

Insigne - retiree from Napoli

Vela - retiree from Real Sociedad

Man MLS is really hurting lately. The Chinese and Saudi Arabian leagues are getting all the good retirees, huh?

13 minutes ago, The Dog said:

There is no way that bringing Messi back to Barcelona would have worked for their development, their budget, their style of play of total football. Messi doesn’t play defense anymore and needs dedicated soldiers around him to make up for his deficiencies.

This is a face-saving move by the club so that the fans don’t turn on them. Totally understandable and totally forgettable in a few days’ time  

19 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Lol wut. How would that [FC BarçAmerica] be allowed.?

Corporate sponsors signing players so that they earn wages that are legal in the MLS wage structure while also being compensated sufficiently. 

Suarez is toast. He was making Pennie’s while playing for a club in Uruguay and I would be shocked if he was still getting minutes by the end of the 2024 season. 

Messi, Busquets, and Alba can be DPs. Don’t know who already is a DP on Inter Miami, but the league will facilitate their movement.

Get ready to see unprecedented 360° access to Inter Miami training, pregame & post-game locker room chatter, and sideline management available only on Apple Vision Pro.

Inter Miami is going to be the NY Cosmos of the 1970s. The LA Lakers of the 1980s & early 2000s. The Chicago Bulls of the 1990s. The Miami Heat of the late 2000s/early 2010s.

Apple sunk hundreds of billions into the MLS broadcast rights and their new Apple Vision Pro. Their stock is taking a dip now because people are uncertain what to make of their new goggles, but soccer is about to sore past the MLB and challenge the NBA in the coming decade. 

14 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

Correct. It’s a new era. 

You’re catching on. 🤘

They'll be the biggest MLS team we've seen so far and help grow the game but among Americans it isn't going to be anything like the MJ Bulls. 

What could be different or new is that they will have an international following which no MLS team has ever really had. 

It's going to be fun, for sure.

49 minutes ago, ztejas said:

They'll be the biggest MLS team we've seen so far and help grow the game but among Americans it isn't going to be anything like the MJ Bulls. 

What could be different or new is that they will have an international following which no MLS team has ever really had. 

It's going to be fun, for sure.

Among [WHITE & Black multigenerational-American adult] Americans…

You are correct. 

Among Latinos, immigrants/1st General adults, and little kids who bought Messi jerseys before/during/after the World Cup, well…

I beg to differ. 

24 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

Among [WHITE & Black multigenerational-American adult] Americans…

You are correct. 

Among Latinos, immigrants/1st General adults, and little kids who bought Messi jerseys before/during/after the World Cup, well…

I beg to differ. 

I mean we'll see how big they get. At the end of the day it's soccer in America. 

Most of the Latinos I know don't follow MLS let alone PSG and the Argentinian NT. 

20 hours ago, MoJames said:

The Chinese and Saudi Arabian leagues are getting all the good retirees, huh?

I wonder if this really shows you who took care of their money when playing? If you're broke, you run to either of these leagues to get some money. But if you are already taken care of you have a choice:

• China
  • Saudi Arabia
  • United States

I mean there isn't much choice to be made there.

3 hours ago, kingkoopa6 said:

I laughed 

is there an AC Miami? Haha

I absolutely love all of the use of “we”. 😂

That’s fucking brilliant!

I would like to see 40 MLS clubs with an upper division of 20 and s lower division of 20. 

-Promotion/Relegation of 4 to 6 teams per year.
-A “Leagues Cup” tournament with all 40 teams that ends with an important* trophy at the end.

There is something balanced and special about a Home & Away with each club in a league. It makes every home game special, because the fans only get one shot to see any given player from another team in person each year.

(*“important” = physically large trophy and sizable payout to each player on the club)

That was Ronaldo’s mistake taking the Saudi money.  It’s a flat check and he is fucking playing in obscurity.  Messi will get all the advertising dollars, NIL money on jerseys and exposure on tv to double what Saudi would give him. Ronaldo fucked up.  He should be taking passes from Driussi right now.  A guy like Benzema, I get the Saudi league.  But Ronaldo underestimated himself. 

1 hour ago, Napoleon said:

I absolutely love all of the use of “we”. 😂

That’s fucking brilliant!

I would like to see 40 MLS clubs with an upper division of 20 and s lower division of 20. 

-Promotion/Relegation of 4 to 6 teams per year.
-A “Leagues Cup” tournament with all 40 teams that ends with an important* trophy at the end.

There is something balanced and special about a Home & Away with each club in a league. It makes every home game special, because the fans only get one shot to see any given player from another team in person each year.

(*“important” = physically large trophy and sizable payout to each player on the club)

I love the two league idea but it will never, ever, ever happen in US soccer.  Uk/European football clubs have decades of not a century of support behind them   National League games in the UK sell put.  When Austin FC gets relegated we get left with Austin Aztecs level attendance immediately in a lower league.  Even worse when a club like Atlanta gets relegated trying to play in MB stadium.   There would need to be massive subsidies to the lower league teams and golden parachutes to the ones that get relegated. 

• 4 weeks later...
Happy Wives ahorita!
or
…Pad the bank account so that wife will never have to think about ostentatious spending.
All of the wives & kids want to go to Miami, but the pay from Saudi Arabia would be obscene. 

Sergio Ramos has made over $150,000,000 in his career. If he’s still having to pad the bank then he married wrong to begin with. Now Kante and eventually Sadio Mane will do a shit ton of good with all of that Saudi money. Don’t know if Mane will ever go to SA but I could see him doing it.