American "Passport Bro" culture (because they can't get significant others here in America)

Pancho

2 hours ago, Pancho said:

How many Surly bros do this? 

1) Can someone paste the article?

2) the video is hilarious. That dipshit literally said he wanted a woman focused on the family and traditional values, but he expects her to get a job and pay half? What’s next, he expects to marry a pro life woman who is willing to get an abortion if necessary?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 7

3 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

1) Can someone paste the article?

2) the video is hilarious. That dipshit literally said he wanted a woman focused on the family and traditional values, but he expects her to get a job and pay half? What’s next, he expects to marry a pro life woman who is willing to get an abortion if necessary?

That guy is one of the most pathetic excuses for a man any of us has ever witnessed. Just, wow.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

That is the most entertaining aspect of this.  “I just want to find a woman who believes in traditional gender roles and doesn’t have a chip on her shoulder like these feminists.”

“Oh, so you want traditional gender roles where she is a homemaker while you work outside the home and provide the money.”

“WTF?  No. She will be a homemaker AND a provider.  As is tradition.  I’m old fashioned, not some new aged simp who has a career and provides for his family!”

Yeah. They want the 2023 version of a DINK:

Dual Income No Kahones 

—- Acronym may not reflect actual spelling

Edited by Dnaguy
  • Haha 2

TLDR: My $0.02 is that most of these guys are harmless dorks.

This is a very weird culture. I stayed with my buddy -- played HS sports together, got an apartment together in college, etc., so an old and good friend -- in Medellin in March for awhile and met some folks like this. He's arguably one, with his Venezuelan immigrant gf who has allowed(?) him a one-way open relationship.

Like 80-90% of the expats are just kinda dorky guys back in the US, Canada, wherever, who are just trying to get laid like the cool guys did back home, aiming to do it for free but paying for it if free doesn't work. Not predators, but just dorks who want pussy and can work remotely or have some money attached aside.

Like 2%(?) are actually handsome, charming guys just passing thru. 

The remainder come off as predators.

I've also spent a good amount of time in Brasil and the Dominican Republic and it was similar. No thoughts on Asian countries because I've never done more than a brief vacation anywhere in Asia.

• Hook 'Em 3

Since this became a thing to discuss, I've wondered what's the difference between a passport bro and a passport parent. If you are going to let people go overseas and pick their kids, then why can't guys go overseas and pick their mate? At least the women are old enough to make their own decisions.  

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, choripan said:

TLDR: My $0.02 is that most of these guys are harmless dorks.

This is a very weird culture. I stayed with my buddy -- played HS sports together, got an apartment together in college, etc., so an old and good friend -- in Medellin in March for awhile and met some folks like this. He's arguably one, with his Venezuelan immigrant gf who has allowed(?) him a one-way open relationship.

Like 80-90% of the expats are just kinda dorky guys back in the US, Canada, wherever, who are just trying to get laid like the cool guys did back home, aiming to do it for free but paying for it if free doesn't work. Not predators, but just dorks who want pussy and can work remotely or have some money attached aside.

Like 2%(?) are actually handsome, charming guys just passing thru. 

The remainder come off as predators.

I've also spent a good amount of time in Brasil and the Dominican Republic and it was similar. No thoughts on Asian countries because I've never done more than a brief vacation anywhere in Asia.

I believe they call them LBH. 
Losers

Back

Home

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:

Since this became a thing to discuss, I've wondered what's the difference between a passport bro and a passport parent. If you are going to let people go overseas and pick their kids, then why can't guys go overseas and pick their mate? At least the women are old enough to make their own decisions.  

Both of those things are weird as fuck imo 

• Hook 'Em 4

4 hours ago, ztejas said:

If I luck out and marry some rich divorced MILF I'm sure as shit doing whatever she wants around the house. 

ive gone out with my fair share of milf's, they're all semi broke to broke. 1000% crazy, so it seems 

Edited by tx 3 putt
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4

16 minutes ago, CHIEF said:

Watched a bit of it on YouTube. The ones I saw were decent to handsome guys (granted I only watched maybe 3-4 videos). It sounds like they weren't going so much because they couldn't get laid, but more to the point, had never been in a relationship with a women in which the woman's infidelity did not end the relationship. These dudes are looking for wives, someone to settle down with. I think fidelity is more important to them than maintaining the household. Another thing some of the guys brought up, was never leave your foreign girlfriend's country, or her family. If you bring them back to the US, the relationship will probably not work out. Makes me think of Eddie Murphy on his "Raw" comedy show all the way back in the 80's where his African girlfriend wanted her half. He told her she was naked riding a zebra when he found her.

If you look at the divorce thread in IWPIHB, or go back and read the "Population Decline" thread in this forum, you start to see some societal changes that were well intentioned, but have spawned some negative consequences. College educated women refusing to marry men without, at least, the same or higher level of education, and a higher income level, or divorcing their husband that paid for that education after they received it is commonplace. It happened to my best friend. Average women getting a booty call from a horny guy that is out of their league only to think that is the kind of guy that is her new norm and not the exception. American women are way out of touch with what their true looks are able to draw for a stable, longterm relationship. I bet there are several thousand women on social media, all over two bills, that say they are a "10". Completely out of touch with reality.

However, the biggest culprit, I truly believe, is social media. It was easy for us old dudes to "shoot your shot" back in the day, when a rejection was simply kept between the approacher, and the "approachee." Now, chicks blast it to all of their mutual friends in their social circle, how "Larry" was such a creep and had the audacity to hit me up. Next thing we see is the rejected doing something crazy (mass shootings, murder, suicide).People say some wicked, and mean-hearted shit behind the safety of their keyboard, just look at Surly.

I don't necessarily agree with the "passport bros", but I understand. I'm lucky, found a levelheaded woman and will be married for 30 years in August. I can't imagine dating and trying to find a "till death do us part" partner in today's environment.

CHIEF

I didn’t know Elliot Rodger was still alive or that he posted on here

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Beau Vine said:

Counterpoint: I hear it takes five years to adopt a healthy white baby.

You want a healthy, white baby? I can get you a healthy, white baby, believe me. There are ways, Dude. You don't wanna know about it, believe me. I'll get you a healthy, white baby by this afternoon...

BqrBujACYAEOe7s.jpg_large.jpg.d94e6c6281752a2f24771451206323d8.jpg

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 7

12 minutes ago, Deej said:

You want a healthy, white baby? I can get you a healthy, white baby, believe me. There are ways, Dude. You don't wanna know about it, believe me. I'll get you a healthy, white baby by this afternoon...

BqrBujACYAEOe7s.jpg_large.jpg.d94e6c6281752a2f24771451206323d8.jpg

Conflating films but alright.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, Helobious said:

I’d pull just as many babes in any other country as I do here. Which is a fucking lot. No need to waste that much money traveling. These guys are losers.

Had no idea you drove a cattle truck.

These guys are just doing what 18-27 year olds in the Navy or other armed forces are doing. They're just using their own money instead of tax dollars. I've spent 7 months in Scottsdale, 3 months in Nashville, and will do 4 months here in Denver. Spent the 15 or so years in Austin and 2.5 years in Chicago. There's lonely chicks (guys) everywhere, there's faithful chicks (guys) everywhere, there's gold-digging whores everywhere.

Edited by StassneyHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Helobious said:

I’d pull just as many babes in any other country as I do here. Which is a fucking lot. No need to waste that much money traveling. These guys are losers.

There is something to be said about being with a woman who you cannot understand.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1