American "Passport Bro" culture (because they can't get significant others here in America)

Pancho

1 minute ago, aggie08 said:

Is there where I post my pay stub?

Always!  
there is never a thread not made better with someone posting their paystub!  
As a mortgage guy I’d prefer W2’s or a full on tax return, but paystub is clearly the more appropriate vehicle for this crowd. 

• Haha 1

Forgot what I came to say.  As far as passport bro goes, my wife was an American when I met her (and we dated for a while until I even knew she wasn't born here), but I definitely understand the draw of wanting a traditional-minded woman and how American pop culture is against that.  However, I think a lot of that is driven more by media, "content," and algorithm than it is true.  On both fronts - America is more traditional than media paints it and people traveling to find a women doing it for the media.

10 minutes ago, Patricio Swayze said:

I feel like I’m watching 90 day fiancé.

You are from Brazil, right?  I’ve seen a couple of those with just absolute smoke shows from Brazil where the girl was just incredible, super sweet, down to earth and with a really nerdy/geeky guy. But, they both seemed happy as he worshipped her and treated her well and she was happy to be with someone that loved her and shared her faith and treated her well. 
I’ve also seen some where the guy was just absolutely terrible and awful to the woman. So, sort of like normal life. Some work well and some don’t. But the main take away is that Brazil has the hottest women on the planet. This was literally just example #8,541,657 of that. 

Edited by Wulaw Horn

No, I’m from Texas. My grandmother was Brazilian and my father was born in Costa Rica. Immigrated here when he was 19. I am married to a Brazilian. She now has dual citizenship (as do our daughters). It’s a long story, but we basically met in school there. I, unfortunately, had to return to the states. 2 years later she applied to a job at Baylor College of medicine (she is a geneticist with a masters in molecular biology) and they sponsored her. We got married 2 years after that.

Brazilian women are beautiful. All the different ethnicities and colors. But it’s like any other western country in that some women care about money and will look passed how ugly a dude is because of his money.

But some of what y’all are talking about with social media and what not also has a class element.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Deej said:

Why do I imagine they all look like this?

ExbeKLFXIAgnphL.jpg_large.jpg

So I was reading this thread from my phone and thought "not a bad looking aggette."  Now, I'm on my regular computer.  And please tell me that upside down Horns is photoshopped.

Also, wasn't aware there were classy 18 inch chains for men.

Edited by closetohumping

8 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

Fuck that shit.  I used to get so much "trim,t"  that's code for women btw, with this:

m_621895a49c3378583519de8e.jpeg

I decided I wasn't awesome enough for a wolf shirt so I had to settle for a tiger shirt.  Once I get to my absolute bottom weight I'm going with the wolf shirt and the 18 inch chain and I'm going to be drowning in pussy. My wife won't even care though, I will be so desireable.  She will understand she just needs to get in where she fits in. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

All this social commentary on modern society to explain why dudes want to travel and get laid.  Glad we shed some light on this deep mystery.  

1 minute ago, Wulaw Horn said:

I decided I wasn't awesome enough for a wolf shirt so I had to settle for a tiger shirt.  Once I get to my absolute bottom weight I'm going with the wolf shirt and the 18 inch chain and I'm going to be drowning in pussy. My wife won't even care though, I will be so desireable.  She will understand she just needs to get in where she fits in. 

Wolves travel in packs for a reason.  Octopii don't.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

The so-called Passport Bros are making a big mistake. I assume they want the American lifestyle but they're unable to find an American girl who will see them beyond date 1 and eventually marry them. There must be many adjustments (i.e. everything) to moving to and marrying a girl in a 3rd world country. 

56 minutes ago, Patricio Swayze said:

No, I’m from Texas. My grandmother was Brazilian and my father was born in Costa Rica. Immigrated here when he was 19. I am married to a Brazilian. She now has dual citizenship (as do our daughters). It’s a long story, but we basically met in school there. I, unfortunately, had to return to the states. 2 years later she applied to a job at Baylor College of medicine (she is a geneticist with a masters in molecular biology) and they sponsored her. We got married 2 years after that.

Brazilian women are beautiful. All the different ethnicities and colors. But it’s like any other western country in that some women care about money and will look passed how ugly a dude is because of his money.

But some of what y’all are talking about with social media and what not also has a class element.

The class thing is true, and living overseas for 15 years, you see this play out with expat relationships. Basically, you can tell the ones that are pretty solid and the ones that get weird and are likely to fall apart. 

Things like—not meeting online, being within a normal age range, similar education, same professional and social circles, meeting while the expat is IN country and not on a tour, minimal language barrier, and yes— not too big of a looks gap— are good signs.

Basically, if the only thing remarkable about the relationship is the nationality difference, it’s a good sign.  On the flip side, the more noticeable differences that are present, the odder things get. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Some of my single friends have told me that the dating apps are actually worse for American expats overseas. Thanks to aspiring passport bros and fuckbois. The MO is to claim that you’ve recently moved to town when in reality you’re just a shithead passing through and trying to get lucky. And a lot of the women in the developed world will just blow you off now as that shit only works once. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, 956 Worldwide said:

I don’t think it’s an influx, it’s just now on TikTok.  The “digital nomad” is just an expat without a contract, but if your income is higher than average, you will have an easier time. News at 11, good looking, wealthier people get dates easier than average uggos. Damn, who unlocked this cheat code to dating success? 

Exactly!

In my experience, make $300k/year consistently and after a few years, you can have 80% of the single, available women in whatever metro you live in. 

I think passport bros realize this and, because they don't have a lot of money, they go to countries where the American dollar is strong and they can cosplay as someone with a lot of money to throw around and wine and dine and live better. That part makes sense, actually.

My theory is that incels wouldn't be incels if they weren't poor, but maybe therein lies the problem. The personality defects and psychological issues that make them incels also prohibit them from being able to exist as value-adds in the free market. Unless they are React or Next.js developers or whatever, because developer types seem to be the rare incel that can climb out of the incel crab bucket because they don't need to be sociable to make money and can be valuable from their dark gooner basement (I just learned that word from surly).

Edited by HonkeyVape
  • Fuck You 1

2 hours ago, JBJ said:

Forgot what I came to say.  As far as passport bro goes, my wife was an American when I met her (and we dated for a while until I even knew she wasn't born here), but I definitely understand the draw of wanting a traditional-minded woman and how American pop culture is against that.  However, I think a lot of that is driven more by media, "content," and algorithm than it is true.  On both fronts - America is more traditional than media paints it and people traveling to find a women doing it for the media.

What is a "traditional-minded woman?"

7 minutes ago, Foosters said:

What is a "traditional-minded woman?"

I dunno man, many things to varying degrees.  One that wants to start a family while she is still in her 20s, wanting to settle down, willing to relocate for her husband's career, cares about domestic matters even if they are split (childrens education, cleaning, cooking healthy food)...there's probably a million more, not all being necessary.

But most importantly one that stays off social media 😉.

Edited by JBJ
  • Hook 'Em 1

45 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

In my experience the single adult men (particularly the ones over 35) who complain the most about how society/media/culture/TheDismalTide has deprived them of the opportunity to be with "traditional women" are themselves not traditional men. That's the real rich irony of these "western chauvinist" groups and manliness influencers, and PUAs and incels and people who grumble about how women only want rich guys or assholes or whatever - these men seem to lack what Western cultures have considered manly personal virtues for millenia, going back to the Romans - industriousness, patience, dignity, generosity, humor, kindness, humility, courtesy, mercy, tenacity, gravity, prudence, frugality, honesty, refinement, etc.  The word "virtue" comes from the word "vir," which means man. In other words, a man has those qualities and those qualities make a man. 
Virtue is no guarantee of money, although it helps- men who have these qualities occupy every station and class. But nearly all of them are happily married and live richly because they have a good relationship with the world to go with the love and admiration of their family, friends and community. It's true that money and looks are cheat codes to access things and novel experiences, but true richness comes from a virtuous life, and the man who lives one wears this world as a loose garment. 

This is a great great post. 
i’m going to cheat code it though by buying a wolf shirt and silver chain. Who wants to build virtue?  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

All the silliness aside I'm nearly 50 and still single. Longest relationship was 9 months I think. Well to me anyway. Women have their own time tables.

Marriage and kids was never on my agenda. Still isn't. Coming from an abusive household just truly soured me on the entire concept. 

Some women find not giving a fuck irresistible.  Especially the hot ones used to men groveling for them all the time.

• Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, MissingInAction said:

All the silliness aside I'm nearly 50 and still single. Longest relationship was 9 months I think. Well to me anyway. Women have their own time tables.

Marriage and kids was never on my agenda. Still isn't. Coming from an abusive household just truly soured me on the entire concept. 

Some women find not giving a fuck irresistible.  Especially the hot ones used to men groveling for them all the time.

old-as-fuck-fuck.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Some of my single friends have told me that the dating apps are actually worse for American expats overseas. Thanks to aspiring passport bros and fuckbois. The MO is to claim that you’ve recently moved to town when in reality you’re just a shithead passing through and trying to get lucky. And a lot of the women in the developed world will just blow you off now as that shit only works once. 

Also, some of these countries that fucbois travel to for hookups don't even have a "hookup culture" to begin with. If you travel to Columbia and match on a dating app with a hot woman who is seemingly horny and willing to come over to your hotel for sex, there's a 50% chance you'll wake up without your wallet and valuables after she drugged you with scopolamine. 

2 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

Also, some of these countries that fucbois travel to for hookups don't even have a "hookup culture" to begin with. If you travel to Columbia and match on a dating app with a hot woman who is seemingly horny and willing to come over to your hotel for sex, there's a 50% chance you'll wake up without your wallet and valuables after she drugged you with scopolamine. 

spacer.png

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

26 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

Also, some of these countries that fucbois travel to for hookups don't even have a "hookup culture" to begin with. If you travel to Columbia and match on a dating app with a hot woman who is seemingly horny and willing to come over to your hotel for sex, there's a 50% chance you'll wake up without your wallet and valuables internal organs after she drugged you with scopolamine. 

Edited by Parliament