Pence Town Hall

Gil Bang

Csb- was driving through a neighborhood a week ago to get to a shopping center, and I drove by a home that still had 3 of the blue trump pence yard signs across their front porch, all these years later. But they had gone through the trouble of using blue painters tape to cover up the pence name so it just read trump. 

I wonder if he won their vote tonight. 

5 minutes ago, Bookman said:

I give Pence credit for doing the right thing and counting the damn electoral college votes.

Agree. Pence should be arguing that he’s the law and order candidate based on his record and the only true Christian in the group.

The only potential chance he has against Trump or DeSantis is to be his own man. In that clip, he’s not. He should also attack Trump as a fake Christian in any hope of gaining the evangelical vote but he won’t. Playing it safe against Trump is a sure fire way to not even make it to the first primary.

dead on arrival.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

Good points.  If anybody should be calling out Trump's fake Christian/Values bullshit, it's Pence.  He worked next to him for 5 years, he knows Trump is a complete fraud and has no Christian values whatsoever.  It's the lowest hanging fruit since the apple in the garden of Eden.  Mike could wrangle more Christian centrists in a hearbeat.

But he won't call Trump out at any point for the very simple reason, which is the most Trump as Christian reason of all, Donald would have him killed.  

This is our world.  Enjoy.  

53 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

He should also attack Trump as a fake Christian in any hope of gaining the evangelical vote

Yeah, really key in on those 2 or 3 dozen evangelicals who actually care about living their life according to Christ with kindness and dignity, that won’t completely abandon those principles for the opportunity to take power and force their beliefs on others. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Drool 1

1 minute ago, aggie08 said:

Yeah, really key in on those 2 or 3 dozen evangelicals who actually care about living their life according to Christ with kindness and dignity, that won’t completely abandon those principles for the opportunity to take power and force their beliefs on others. 

I don't disagree. I see zero chance of Pence winning with any strategy.

He's like a football team with no passing ability and mediocre running game and he's facing the top run defense in the league. Instead of at least attempting to pass, he's running up the middle every play. Maybe you keep it a tiny bit respectful and get a few few first down but you still end up with a L. Or you can take a chance by preparing some pass plays.

Or maybe Pence isn't looking to win. Get some attention and pivot into some high paying job in the private sector. Or just get some money from a few rubes.

I don't know. He had no power to do anything. It's hard to give someone credit for just showing up and not helping to create a coup.

"Mike Pence saw a woman on the street, and I really have to give him credit for not raping her."  

• Hook 'Em 6

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Agree. Pence should be arguing that he’s the law and order candidate based on his record and the only true Christian in the group.

The only potential chance he has against Trump or DeSantis is to be his own man. In that clip, he’s not. He should also attack Trump as a fake Christian in any hope of gaining the evangelical vote but he won’t. Playing it safe against Trump is a sure fire way to not even make it to the first primary.

dead on arrival.

I agree with this, especially since a year from now Trump could be in jail and Desantis will have turned everyone off.  Who knows, maybe Christie will be the frontrunner by then.  

I had never heard of Pence when he agreed to be Trump's running mate.  He's just some weird religious opportunist with no moral compass. 

His entire being is wrapped up in the notion that he knows just how stupid his electorate is, and that people will vote for a boring old white guy with grey hair.  

Edited by Bullneck

4 hours ago, Bullneck said:

I agree with this, especially since a year from now Trump could be in jail and Desantis will have turned everyone off.  Who knows, maybe Christie will be the frontrunner by then.  

I had never heard of Pence when he agreed to be Trump's running mate.  He's just some weird religious opportunist with no moral compass. 

His entire being is wrapped up in the notion that he knows just how stupid his electorate is, and that people will vote for a boring old white guy with grey hair.  

trump will run, and win, from jail.  from the hole.  from a holding cell.  charges pending. charges coming.  trial pending.  mid-trial.  from russia.  from siberia.  he will run, and win, no matter what.  people need to stop wishcasting and get comfortable with this.

even if he dies i give it 50/50.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, henrygandorf said:

trump will run, and win, from jail.  from the hole.  from a holding cell.  charges pending. charges coming.  trial pending.  mid-trial.  from russia.  from siberia.  he will run, and win, no matter what.  people need to stop wishcasting and get comfortable with this.

Yup

4 hours ago, Red Five said:

I don't know. He had no power to do anything. It's hard to give someone credit for just showing up and not helping to create a coup.

"Mike Pence saw a woman on the street, and I really have to give him credit for not raping her."  

Exactly.  I read that, and immediately thought ...

Chris Rock What You Want A Cookie GIF - Chris Rock What You Want A Cookie So What GIFs

Well, if he's running a campaign from Russia, I'm on the fence.

I kid, I kid. Fuck that puto.

/csb I went to Des Moines to watch the Horns during March Madness…none other than Mike Pence and a couple of his goons sat behind me for the first half of Arkansas-Kansas.

Seeing as I didn’t want to get kicked out of the arena prior to our game, I only asked him who he was rooting for. He replied, “I’m rooting for whoever you’re rooting for.”

48 minutes ago, KingBobo81 said:

/csb I went to Des Moines to watch the Horns during March Madness…none other than Mike Pence and a couple of his goons sat behind me for the first half of Arkansas-Kansas.

Seeing as I didn’t want to get kicked out of the arena prior to our game, I only asked him who he was rooting for. He replied, “I’m rooting for whoever you’re rooting for.”

You should’ve knelt when they played the national anthem. Maybe he would’ve left. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2
  • Drool 1

2 or 3 dozen? Slow your roll. I’ve never met one, they don’t exist.

Nobody is above the law.

The ex president should not be prosecuted because it’s divisive.

He’s an asshole and closeted af but he’s not stupid and knows he’s being disingenuous. Also knows that pub voters don’t care. 

Fuck him.

• 1 month later...
On 6/8/2023 at 1:38 PM, henrygandorf said:

He lost by seven million votes last time. Not one voter who voted for Biden the last time will vote for Trump this time, but some independents who voted for Trump last time, perhaps even many, have been turned off by things like the attack on the capitol, Trump's endless indictments etc... which have happened since the 2020 election.  He stands no chance of winning.

• Hook 'Em 4

Seriously, she didn't even focus on her throw and she led him perfectly.  Never mind good velocity and great accuracy for a head shot.  Hoosier Mother now, Mikey?!?

What also strikes me as interesting about popular vote turnout is Trump/Pence went from 63mm in 2016 to 74mm in 2020.  An ~11mm jump, or 17.5% increase E-O-E (or as Pence likes to call it C-O-C).  How is it that every single current Republican on this site voted for him in 2016 but all claim to have not voted for him in 2020, despite his overall increase nationwide being 17.5%?  And somehow Surly saw a decrease in his voter base by 82.5%?  What kind of Bermuda Triangle of politics is this site?  

While his 2016 and 2020 turnouts hinged on the 25mm lunatic MAGA base that they went and found on the sidelines while y'all were playing "Rock the Vote" or "Blue Wave" or whatever the fuck...they will come out no matter the indictments or convictions.  They were the key last two times, but they're accounted for this time.  The 25mm on the other end of the GOP spectrum, they're pulling straight ticket no matter what.  If you think they're gonna abstain from the top just 'cause he's a loser shithead, they won't.  They press the one button, get their sticker, and fuck Democracy.  The real battle isn't one of crossing aisles.  It's the middle 25mm that kinda held their nose on Trump both times, especially 2020.  They don't like him anymore than they like Biden.  The race for them isn't to win their vote, it's to convince them to stay home.  Not in the voter disenfranchisement game (that's their jam), but to make them realize either the futility of their losing vote, or the danger of their vote possibly winning.  Set in malaise, apathy, and a warm blanket of torpor.  5-10mm of that group sits this one out, and it's a triple digit EC spread for your party.  

How you make a huge subset of Republicans who vote on the Reg not participate.  That's the rub.  This needs to be our singular focus.  Unless y'all still wanna go with the getting to the Mar-a-Lago food service truck at the docks.

1 hour ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

He lost by seven million votes last time. Not one voter who voted for Biden the last time will vote for Trump this time, but some independents who voted for Trump last time, perhaps even many, have been turned off by things like the attack on the capitol, Trump's endless indictments etc... which have happened since the 2020 election.  He stands no chance of winning.

*the republican nomination

yes, i agree with everything you're saying about the general.

On 6/7/2023 at 9:32 PM, High Plains Drifter said:

What an idiot. Trump acted like an entitled child and almost destroyed our democracy, and did not care if Pence had been killed that day - and Pence is trying to suck up to MAGA folks by saying it should all go away because of the unusual circumstances of Trump being a President. Uggghhhhh. There is no way that Trump or Pence should ever be President again or in the future. When are these Zombie Republicans going to snap out of it?

• Hook 'Em 1