Shark eats a dude (graphic)

bschoolprof

but I heard if you just bop a shark on the nose or gouge it's eyes, it will swim away....  The fuck it will, if it wants to eat you, you're done.  I imagine you may have a slightly better chance with diving gear on and seeing underwater but if you're just on the surface, good luck.  Your only hope is that you're a world class, fast swimmer and you get a head start before it rips a leg or torso off.
Erroneous.

Ain't no one swimming faster than a fucking shark. Many people have, however, fought back, eye gouged etc and saved thier lives.

In my teens, our family was on vacation in Florida.  My dad and I were out in neck deep water in Daytona (I think) when we saw several people on shore pointing out to sea to our right.  We couldn't tell what they were pointing at, but were on alert.  In an instant, we were surrounded by LOTS (dozens at least) of what I always assumed were baby sharks, but it might have been some sort of small breed.  We both immediately started swimming for shore.  I will never forget feeling shark skin with every stroke for the first several strokes - definitely smooth and not scaly.  Knowing now that sharks don't give birth in large numbers, it was likely some small variation, but at the time I was terrified that Mommy Shark was nearby about to protect her young.

The fins were so small, there is no way that is what the people on shore were seeing.  Maybe something was hunting them, or there was enough of them to change the water color, etc.  Who knows, but it got our attention pretty quick!

• Hook 'Em 1

On 6/9/2023 at 12:19 PM, 'stache said:

That second video they seem like they're mad at the shark. WTF do you think they gonna do? It's not their fault. If they want to catch it, should be to avoid it eating someone else, not to be mad about a shark being a shark.

Prob have young kids at home.  Can’t blame ‘em.  

This one was worse.  Last year, a British man swimming down in Australia filmed getting taken/eaten by a great white shark.  This video doesn't show the first half (pardon the pun) of the attack but shows a legless, armless torso floating in the water before the shark comes back to take it.  Later they found only 1/3rd of this body, the shark probably took a couple more sections at the end of this video.   Parts 1 and 2 linked.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUhdHQlUJi0

• Fuck You 1

6 hours ago, FartingDreamer said:

This one was worse.  Last year, a British man swimming down in Australia filmed getting taken/eaten by a great white shark.  This video doesn't show the first half (pardon the pun) of the attack but shows a legless, armless torso floating in the water before the shark comes back to take it.  Later they found only 1/3rd of this body, the shark probably took a couple more sections at the end of this video.   Parts 1 and 2 linked.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUhdHQlUJi0

Dude was a RAF gunner that did two tours in Afghanistan. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/9/2023 at 5:45 PM, Not a cat said:

Terrible ways to die thread is that way.

My mother's college roommate was on her honeymoon snorkeling with her new husband when a shark came out of nowhere and took him away.  I remember hearing that story as a kid and vowing to stay the hell out of the ocean.

the lesson was to not get married you big dummy

• Hook 'Em 3

4 hours ago, ballrific said:

Going to Florida next week..plan on outswimming a shark. Then challenging a chimpanzee to hand to hand combat...but in the water, not on its own turf. Will finish the adventure by beating up malaria.

In 2022 Florida reported 68 local Dengue cases, mostly from Miami-Dade County. 

Fortunately, Dengue is very mild.  You’ll do fine. 

On 6/11/2023 at 7:32 PM, Underdog said:

Was expecting some Alex Kitner boy level gore in OP video. 

Was expecting some Alex Kitner boy level gore in OP video. 

I'ma go get the papers, get the papers

• Hook 'Em 1

On 6/9/2023 at 7:05 PM, closetohumping said:

I doubt even Greg Louganis can put swim a shark.   Your only hope is swimming faster than your buddy in the waters with you 

Little known fact: most divers are terrible swimmers.  Have you noticed how quickly they skedaddle to the side of the pool after a dive? It's because they're scared shitless of drowning.   It's kind of like track and field athletes who do shotput or discus.  Ask them to run a lap and they'll laugh at you.  I'll bet Louganis could out-dive any shark alive, though.

2 hours ago, Samson's Wig said:

Little known fact: most divers are terrible swimmers.  Have you noticed how quickly they skedaddle to the side of the pool after a dive? It's because they're scared shitless of drowning.   It's kind of like track and field athletes who do shotput or discus.  Ask them to run a lap and they'll laugh at you.  I'll bet Louganis could out-dive any shark alive, though.

https://news.yahoo.com/ill-shot-belgian-becomes-instant-195141006.html

• Hook 'Em 2