NBA 2023-24 Off Season

Fastbreak

I think OKC's strategy is to pay the core 3 or 4 however much it takes and just use all of the 2nd rounders and occasional firsts to augment the roster.  Just volume pick the 2nd rounder and a few will stick as league minimum guys.  I don't understand how the the new cap works so there's that.

I just don't see them trading a number of the picks and one of their current core guys for a star.

30 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

I think OKC's strategy is to pay the core 3 or 4 however much it takes and just use all of the 2nd rounders and occasional firsts to augment the roster.  Just volume pick the 2nd rounder and a few will stick as league minimum guys.  I don't understand how the the new cap works so there's that.

I just don't see them trading a number of the picks and one of their current core guys for a star.

I don't think they have any intention to trade any of their core or go star chasing. But if they are in the playoff mix near the trade deadline, unloading some of their war chest of picks and an expiring contract like Oladipo for a veteran big might seem like a good move. Aside from Holmgren (and he's a beanpole), that team isn't very big and doesn't have much muscle down low. Jaylin Williams (the Arkansas one) is probably their beefiest most physical dude, and he's not exactly Charles Oakley. Aside from Bertans who still has another year after this on his terrible contract, they really don't have any salary to ship out. I can't see how having two more meh 2nd round picks when they already have a million of them is more valuable than Oladipo's expiring contract in your back pocket when the trade deadline comes down. Hell, they probably would be able to move him for two second rounders then.

12 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Man I knew Nurkic was bad but I didn't think he'd be this bad. 1/11 with 5 fouls in 20 mins against the Lakers. Should have taken my advice and just waived his ass.

Animated GIF

I was told that he was an upgrade from Ayton LOL

3 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

wtf would you have done?

If I had more than a foot advantage on a guy 3 feet from the basket? I dunno, immediately turn into him and shoot it before the double has a chance to arrive? I think the problem is that he's so inept offensively, nobody has ever bothered to double team him before. He didn't know what the hell to do. 

Regarding the over... the only reason to even consider it is if you think Edwards takes it next level. He's a monster. Love that dude. Hate just about everything else about that roster. They are going to have some decisions to make next offseason once his extension kicks in.

4 minutes ago, Braff Zacklin said:

Funny thing is, if the same thing happened to Jokic, he'd just hold the ball high above his head and until calmly passing it to one of three wide-open teammates for an easy bucket.

Jokic would use that positioning to bury the little guy under the basket. Rudy has a win. His feet are in the paint and he comes out because.....Rudy.

• Like 1

On 10/20/2023 at 12:52 PM, MNLonghornFUKM said:

And for the probably 30th time. He sucks on offense. Good thing we don’t need him to score 20 nightly

Spoken like a fan of a team crowing about reaching that 45 win plateau 

Edited by Blotto

https://radaronline.com/p/dwight-howard-admits-meeting-man-instagram-hook-up-denies-alleged-assault-kitty-court/

Dwight Howard Admits Meeting Man on Instagram to Hook Up, Denies Lover Was Assaulted or Forced into Threesome

Spoiler

Dwight Howard denied he sexually assaulted a man he met on Instagram and has asked a court to dismiss the man’s bombshell lawsuit. According to court documents obtained by RadarOnline.com, the NBA legend has admitted that he met his accuser Stephen Harper on social media in May 2021. Harper said he reached out to Howard with a direct message on Instagram. He said he sent his cell phone number which Howard texted after he received.

In his lawsuit, he said Howard told him he was into “freaky” sexual stuff and that he asked for Harper to send him explicit photos. In his response, Howard said he did exchange texts with Harper between May 2021 to July 2021, “several of which included sexually explicit content, such as photographs and videos.”

The ex-NBA star said Harper came over to his home on July 19, 2021. Howard admitted they went to his bedroom, removed their clothing, and “engaged in consensual kissing.” In his lawsuit, Harper claimed Howard surprised him by bringing out a man dressed as a woman. Harper said the man called himself “Kitty.” In his complaint, Harper said Howard wanted a threesome with Kitty, but he resisted. He said Kitty started performing oral sex on Howard.

Harper said he was uncomfortable and did not want to participate. He said Howard tried to touch his thigh and stoked his “penis through his underwear.” Harper said he asked Howard to stop. Instead of listening, he claimed Howard told him he was “going to do whatever” and he was “going to like it.”

Defendant stood up (towering over Mr. Harper), grabbed Mr. Harper by the thighs, forcibly removed Mr. Harper’s underwear, held Mr. Harper down, and performed nonconsensual oral sex on Mr. Harper,” the suit read. “Mr. Harper was in fear of imminent bodily harm when he was pinned down and forced to remain in place while Defendant continued to sexually assault him.” Harper said Howard stopped performing the sexual act on him when he realized Harper wasn’t enjoying it. The suit said Howard then ordered Harper to his bed. Harper said Kitty was having sex with Howard. Harper said Howard forced him to perform oral sex on him. He said he tried to call an Uber after the incident, but Howard made Kitty take him home. The lawsuit accused Howard of assault, battery, intentional infliction of emotional distress, and false imprisonment.

In his response, Howard denied that Harper was surprised by Kitty. He said “Plaintiff was aware that would also be arriving at the home prior to Plaintiff even arriving at Defendant’s home.” Howard admitted that Kitty was a man dressed as a woman. In addition, Howard admitted that he touched Kitty and Harper but said it was all consensual activity. “The three agreed to touch one another and to engage in consensual sexual activity,” Howard’s lawyer wrote.

Howard denied he sexually assaulted Harper or forced him to receive or perform any sexual acts. He has demanded the entire lawsuit be thrown out of court. As RadarOnline.com first reported, in his lawsuit, Harper submitted text messages and an Uber receipt from July 19, 2021 to prove he did visit Howard’s home.

3 hours ago, hornfan785 said:

https://radaronline.com/p/dwight-howard-admits-meeting-man-instagram-hook-up-denies-alleged-assault-kitty-court/

Dwight Howard Admits Meeting Man on Instagram to Hook Up, Denies Lover Was Assaulted or Forced into Threesome

Reveal hidden contents

Dwight Howard denied he sexually assaulted a man he met on Instagram and has asked a court to dismiss the man’s bombshell lawsuit. According to court documents obtained by RadarOnline.com, the NBA legend has admitted that he met his accuser Stephen Harper on social media in May 2021. Harper said he reached out to Howard with a direct message on Instagram. He said he sent his cell phone number which Howard texted after he received.

In his lawsuit, he said Howard told him he was into “freaky” sexual stuff and that he asked for Harper to send him explicit photos. In his response, Howard said he did exchange texts with Harper between May 2021 to July 2021, “several of which included sexually explicit content, such as photographs and videos.”

The ex-NBA star said Harper came over to his home on July 19, 2021. Howard admitted they went to his bedroom, removed their clothing, and “engaged in consensual kissing.” In his lawsuit, Harper claimed Howard surprised him by bringing out a man dressed as a woman. Harper said the man called himself “Kitty.” In his complaint, Harper said Howard wanted a threesome with Kitty, but he resisted. He said Kitty started performing oral sex on Howard.

Harper said he was uncomfortable and did not want to participate. He said Howard tried to touch his thigh and stoked his “penis through his underwear.” Harper said he asked Howard to stop. Instead of listening, he claimed Howard told him he was “going to do whatever” and he was “going to like it.”

Defendant stood up (towering over Mr. Harper), grabbed Mr. Harper by the thighs, forcibly removed Mr. Harper’s underwear, held Mr. Harper down, and performed nonconsensual oral sex on Mr. Harper,” the suit read. “Mr. Harper was in fear of imminent bodily harm when he was pinned down and forced to remain in place while Defendant continued to sexually assault him.” Harper said Howard stopped performing the sexual act on him when he realized Harper wasn’t enjoying it. The suit said Howard then ordered Harper to his bed. Harper said Kitty was having sex with Howard. Harper said Howard forced him to perform oral sex on him. He said he tried to call an Uber after the incident, but Howard made Kitty take him home. The lawsuit accused Howard of assault, battery, intentional infliction of emotional distress, and false imprisonment.

In his response, Howard denied that Harper was surprised by Kitty. He said “Plaintiff was aware that would also be arriving at the home prior to Plaintiff even arriving at Defendant’s home.” Howard admitted that Kitty was a man dressed as a woman. In addition, Howard admitted that he touched Kitty and Harper but said it was all consensual activity. “The three agreed to touch one another and to engage in consensual sexual activity,” Howard’s lawyer wrote.

Howard denied he sexually assaulted Harper or forced him to receive or perform any sexual acts. He has demanded the entire lawsuit be thrown out of court. As RadarOnline.com first reported, in his lawsuit, Harper submitted text messages and an Uber receipt from July 19, 2021 to prove he did visit Howard’s home.

Honestly, that’s probably the most likable thing that Dwight Howard has ever done. 

• Haha 2