2023 College World Series

Horny Bull

1 minute ago, Rickylovesweed said:

LSU wins because of the top 2 players from the portal (Skenes and White). 

This is the new reality in baseball. We gotta buy these type players. 

Yep, their investment definitely paid off tonight

25 minutes ago, Cajun said:

Congratulations Gata on your Championship.  Well done!

Having watched LSU win three in a row with it all on the line, against two against the best team in baseball, I am not chalking this one up as a gator win.

But man, how good is Aggy? 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Florida is set up perfectly to win this.

Skenes might be able to pitch in game 3 but will still be on short day rest (by college standards) after throwing 100+ pitches. LSU's starting pitching is shaky after Skenes too. 

I picked Florida to win it all so don't do me wrong. 

We did draw the lucky bracket.  Bob still came close to bouncing us into the loser’s gig.  That said, if we lose to the tiggers, they will have done something very spectacular. 

Just now, cmontexas said:

We havent had a top 30 draft pick in 12 years

But we’ve had some success getting dudes to the pros. Knebal, Milner, Tres, Elder, Curtiss, Kody, Payton, Hamilton. Wouldn’t be surprised to see Madden in the show soon. Ivan could be a September call up. Wouldn’t surprise me if Hodo, faltine and Silas were in the show in a couple years. 

But yeah, time for some first rounders 

2 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

We did draw the lucky bracket.  Bob still came close to bouncing us into the loser’s gig.  That said, if we lose to the tiggers, they will have done something very spectacular. 

Yeah, I'm waiting to see the betting odds. 

I would say Florida is going to be heavily favorited based on the circumstances. Either way, I thought Florida was the best team regardless. 

I would say Florida is going to be heavily favorited based on the circumstances. Either way, I thought Florida was the best team regardless. 

Really depends on if we get to game 3.

Even on 3 days rest and 240 pitches in 8 days, Skenes is more dangerous right now than Cags on the mound.

Edited by gatormarc

3 minutes ago, Fletch said:

But we’ve had some success getting dudes to the pros. Knebal, Milner, Tres, Elder, Curtiss, Kody, Payton, Hamilton. Wouldn’t be surprised to see Madden in the show soon. Ivan could be a September call up. Wouldn’t surprise me if Hodo, faltine and Silas were in the show in a couple years. 

But yeah, time for some first rounders 

When there are 1st round talents in the portal (Skenes and White) those are the ones you really have to land. That doesn't take development. Everyone already knew they were 1st rounders prior to LSU. 

It is what it is. We have to buy these guys. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Rickylovesweed said:

When there are 1st round talents in the portal (Skenes and White) those are the ones you really have to land. That doesn't take development. Everyone already knew they were 1st rounders prior to LSU. 

It is what it is. We have to buy these guys. 

Still pissed we lost out on skenes. Skenes-Gordon-Lbj would’ve been a nasty weekend rotation that would’ve most likely gotten us to Omaha. Dammit 

1 minute ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Sully using Cags to pitch against the roaches means that we have our two best starters for the weekend….before Skenes can be a factor.  It is set up as good as it can be set up for us.

Living in Louisiana, I would love to have a 2017 repeat so I can shit talk to all of my buddies and co-workers and neighbors.

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

As this is the third all-SEC Finals in the last six finals, I’m sure Aggy will be basking in the glow….despite being in none of them. 

No way that ESPN will not make this an SEC love fest.  Adjust your game time alcohol purchases accordingly. 

Yeah, same with football, when it becomes a single-conference affair, I’m out. I have no interest in watching conference rematches. 

• Hook 'Em 1

34 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

My LSU grad son is drunk and happy per his texts. 

Fuck him and fuck lsu 

8 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

And all you fuckers were wondering why I hated Wake so much.  

Hey Wake:

get-fucked-fuck.gif

I hate wake too, I just hate everything about lsu more. Cajun cunts 

8 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

And all you fuckers were wondering why I hated Wake so much.  

Hey Wake:

get-fucked-fuck.gif

Watching them from a distance, I was prepared to dislike WF.  Quite a few douchetastic moments like the above.

However, once I started actually watching them play, I didn't find them to be quite that bad.

I think we've seen recently that a #1 ranking and dominating for a while can do kind of a number on a bunch of heads.

They obviously have a lotta talent, or had, especially on the mound, but I think their offense might have been a tad overrated.

I also got the sense that they weren't quite ready for the big moments.  In a lot of ways, that don't make no sense, ~60 year absence from CWS for them, 6 for tigah, same same, but different. But it really seemed tigah acted like they'd been there before and WF didn't.

Wake also had a little bit of bad luck. Their best hitter was injured the entire CWS and didn't play last night. 

Kurtz is a huge piece to that lineup. 

I think that luck is a very under rated part of college sports.   Pitchers don't have video game control of pitches, umps call pitches, batters just react to pitches not with perfect control or cognition, the wind gusts and calms.   Gotta have luck.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, nnm said:

Yeah, same with football, when it becomes a single-conference affair, I’m out. I have no interest in watching conference rematches. 

i don’t understand this.  this isn’t some selection committee determining who gets a shot; both these teams fought and earned their way to the finals.  

just because you don’t like where they’re from doesn’t mean it isn’t fair.  it just means they’re the last two standing and ones who get to play for all the hardware. 

46 minutes ago, locodos said:

I think that luck is a very under rated part of college sports.   Pitchers don't have video game control of pitches, umps call pitches, batters just react to pitches not with perfect control or cognition, the wind gusts and calms.   Gotta have luck.

Bad luck plays role too like not being able to see the baseball during twilight conditions.  If that fly ball probably been hit 5 minutes earlier or later, it would have been a routine catch and third out.

• Hook 'Em 1

10 hours ago, nnm said:

That is really stupid.

This has been a great CWS from start to finish and I could care less what conference the two teams are from. 

Should be a great final and I am looking forward to it.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

i don’t understand this.  this isn’t some selection committee determining who gets a shot; both these teams fought and earned their way to the finals.  

just because you don’t like where they’re from doesn’t mean it isn’t fair.  it just means they’re the last two standing and ones who get to play for all the hardware. 

Like it or not the ACC and SEC have been getting preferential selections, seedings and matchups for years. That is certainly not the only reason these programs have achieved, but it is one. And it’s one that allows them to separate themselves from other conferences.

Both conferences load up on wins against shitty and/or overrated smaller schools. You play in your shitty, little ball parks to load up on stats.

All this has a cumulative effect.

Fair is an overused term in my house. There’s a lot of greatness in the NCAA tournament, but it’s not always fair. I’m not sure it’s fair that Texas had to go about as far east one week then almost as far west the following week. Anybody else do that? Ever? Whatever year we lost to Irvine or whomever it was when game 3 ended at 1 am our time was bs. This year you, as every year, have a number of examples in which the fairness didn’t play out so well. Auburn backed up their hosting selection. Is it fair that OSU got a team that knows them as a 4 seed that actually had the ability to run it all the way to the CWS? That’s got to be one of the biggest failures in seeding history. That is impactful for the #1 seed. Most 1s get a gimme game.

But you are right. They are the last two standing and earned their way to this point. I don’t like the fact that one team bought their way in.

I’ll make use of my freedom and not watch the finals. That said there is only one team to hope wins.

42 minutes ago, Had Enough said:

Like it or not the ACC and SEC have been getting preferential selections, seedings and matchups for years. That is certainly not the only reason these programs have achieved, but it is one. And it’s one that allows them to separate themselves from other conferences.

Both conferences load up on wins against shitty and/or overrated smaller schools. You play in your shitty, little ball parks to load up on stats.

All this has a cumulative effect.

Fair is an overused term in my house. There’s a lot of greatness in the NCAA tournament, but it’s not always fair. I’m not sure it’s fair that Texas had to go about as far east one week then almost as far west the following week. Anybody else do that? Ever? Whatever year we lost to Irvine or whomever it was when game 3 ended at 1 am our time was bs. This year you, as every year, have a number of examples in which the fairness didn’t play out so well. Auburn backed up their hosting selection. Is it fair that OSU got a team that knows them as a 4 seed that actually had the ability to run it all the way to the CWS? That’s got to be one of the biggest failures in seeding history. That is impactful for the #1 seed. Most 1s get a gimme game.

But you are right. They are the last two standing and earned their way to this point. I don’t like the fact that one team bought their way in.

I’ll make use of my freedom and not watch the finals. That said there is only one team to hope wins.

All this will be yours, next season!  Congrats?

Was just curious, from wiki

McKethan

Field size LF: 326 ft (99.4 m)
LC: 365 ft (111.3 m)
CF: 400 ft (121.9 m)
RC: 375 ft (114.3 m)
RF: 321 ft (97.8 m)
Surface

Grass

Disch

Field size Left field: 340 ft (103.5 m)
Center field: 400 ft (122 m)