2023 College World Series

Horny Bull

Just got back home. Was on a sailboat on Lake Pontchartrain enjoying lots of margaritas and too many joints.  Glad to see my boys have made it interesting and not laid down. Jesus, if they simply swung at good pitches yesterday we would be done. Now we have to go and defeat the god king pitcher tomorrow. We certainly may lose, because the guy is awesome. All I can hope for is that we keep our bats off our shoulders and see what happens.

Like I said in an post earlier, this has been the most enjoyable, and awesome world college World Series of my life.  I am proud that my Gators have made it go to three games, as it should in a series so competitive and interesting.   I have to think that LSU has the advantage tomorrow, but I am hoping that the mindset and liberation of swing away that we saw today will equalize the lack of pitching on the part of the Gators, and we will make it interesting.  

I feel honored to be a part of this college World Series that has met every expectation I had and more. 

Even if we lose tomorrow, I can talk about this ass kicking for some time.   lol. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

What's worst defeat in championship series game??

gata leads 22-3 in the 9th, and still batting.

poor tigers 😋

Quick look at Wikipedia shows a 14-2 Rice win over Stanford in the 2003 championship series.  Mississippi State had a 13-2 win over Vanderbilt in the 2021 final series.  Minnesota had a 12-1 victory over Arizona in the 1956 final.  The 2001 final had a 12-1 Miami win over Stanford.  Some other 9 run victories scattered over the history of the baseball finals.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, ScottS said:

Quick look at Wikipedia shows a 14-2 Rice win over Stanford in the 2003 championship series.  Mississippi State had a 13-2 win over Vanderbilt in the 2021 final series.  Minnesota had a 12-1 victory over Arizona in the 1956 final.  The 2001 final had a 12-1 Miami win over Stanford.  Some other 9 run victories scattered over the history of the baseball finals.

I was assured this game was over after the 2nd.