Non Texas Recruiting 2025: Look at the poors trying so hard

Posted (edited)
44 minutes ago, A’Dam Psycho said:

I thought it was pretty established that Bo is more coach than recruiter 

LSU fans were still salivating over his bag+Saban era Bama classes

Edited by texifornia

19 hours ago, texifornia said:

Lol k

Reminds me of when Turner Gill was head coach at Kansas, and implemented a "Not allowed to be in the presence of women after 10pm rule" and a "turn your cell phone in the day before the game rule". Like he was intentionally trying to keep away the talent.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

What do you think they're discussing here?

- the Ruy Lopez vs. the Queen's Gambit?

- the glory days of the Coliseum?

- "Yeah, sorry, we cannot match Sark and Texas on the field or in NIL, but other than that ... "

image.png.03e89f35ae8352470f3ec28a0c26675a.png

2 hours ago, Getafix said:

What do you think they're discussing here?

- the Ruy Lopez vs. the Queen's Gambit?

- the glory days of the Coliseum?

- "Yeah, sorry, we cannot match Sark and Texas on the field or in NIL, but other than that ... "

image.png.03e89f35ae8352470f3ec28a0c26675a.png

My brisket skills.

Geaux247
  •  
TexasHeatMizer

•  
    Glen WestSTAFF
    Posted on 61 mins, V I P, User Since 38 months ago, User Post 
    It's a lighter weekend in terms of official visitors with just one big piece of the 2025 class making his way to town and getting the full experience with the staff. 

Wide receiver Dakorien Moore touched down in New Orleans and made the drive up to Baton Rouge to start his visit on Thursday. 

The five-star prospect who decommitted from LSU a few weeks back, made the purple and gold his second stop as he also considers Ohio State, Texas and Oregon as his final four schools. Here's the latest on his visit as he enters a full day of activities on Friday.

-We're told it's a family affair this weekend with not only Moore and his mother making it in but a total of six family members, including his little brother, aunt and uncle. That's a part of this visit that was extremely important as the purple and gold look to make up some ground after Moore's decision to back off his commitment. 

-The first order of business for Moore was a marketing presentation on what the Tigers would be able to do in terms of building his brand off the field while a member of the program. That includes endorsement opportunities that have been popular for players like John Deere, Walk-Ons, Raising Canes and Gordon McKernan law firm. 

-NIL is clearly going to play a big role in this recruitment and LSU is willing to play ball with these high school recruits. 

-For this particular visit, it's also important for Moore to get some one-on-one time with head coach Brian Kelly. That happened on Thursday and it'll be interesting to see how the rest of the staff like Cortez Hankton, Frank Wilson and Joe Sloan handle Moore being on campus and how he could be a significant piece for this offense on the field. 

-The feeling around the visit is that Moore, his mother and the entire family really seem engaged early in the process. That's far from the most popular endorsement but the Tigers will keep chipping away on this visit. There will be a lot at play with this recruitment and while it's hard to feel good about the position LSU is in, what intel comes out of the visit will be interesting in terms of how serious Moore is about the Tigers going forward. 

-Moore will be in all day Friday before heading back Saturday so it's a pretty extended stay where LSU should be able to put its best foot forward.

-In addition to Moore, LSU has already had Kaliq Lockett and Jaime Ffrench on campus and will have CJ Wiley and Naeshaun Montgomery in town next weekend and Derek Meadows on campus June 18. 

-We'll have more on the Elite camp that took place on Thursday afternoon a little bit later this morning but one quick note on a 2026 prospect Deuce Geralds. He's put on 20 pounds since he was last on campus during the 2023 season. That's 273 pounds for him and the thought process going forward is that LSU will recruit him inside rather than as an edge rusher

• Hook 'Em 3

image.jpeg.d9883598b039fc460bdb997bdf383dc9.jpeg

I don't get this. Doesn't every coach essentially lead recruits into believing that he (the coach) can get the recruit to the NFL?  The whole thing is predicated on that idea.

Also, what would you rather be, a former player who doesn't make it the NFL or a former player who doesn't make it to the NFL but drove a Lambo in college?  

This isn't rocket science. 

• Hook 'Em 3

6 minutes ago, Hookem10 said:

lsu is having a very tough time it looks like. Mfers have no idea how college football is today. I almost feel sorry for those cheating bastards. 

They are bringing a baseball bat to a gun fight. They are going to get their guys, but they are never going to have another truly elite team until they get their NIL house in order. 

2 hours ago, Hookem10 said:

lsu is having a very tough time it looks like. Mfers have no idea how college football is today. I almost feel sorry for those cheating bastards. 

The proper terminology: LSU is having a sad.

2 hours ago, Vertigo said:

They are bringing a baseball bat to a gun fight. They are going to get their guys, but they are never going to have another truly elite team until they get their NIL house in order.,  

Interesting phrase.  Those swamprats won the baseball title last year by using NIL to bring in Paul Skenes and Tommy White.  But oh, the outrage when they can't keep up in football.  Hypocrites.  As CTJ says, it's amusing that the former heavyweights from "bag" days like Saban, Dabo & the corndogs cry now when they get their ass handed to them.  Fuck you Lousyanna.

• Hook 'Em 3

I'm not sure what's more hilarious. LSU fans whining about other schools paying players or their strange sense of entitlement towards Texas HS players

If I was stupid wealthy, I would spend obscene amounts of NIL money towards taking the best 3-4 players out of Louisiana every year. The LSU tears would be worth every cent (and getting Reggie Wayne and Ed Reed type players would be a nice bonus)

• Hook 'Em 2

Look if I hit the lottery tomorrow and have money to spare, I am getting a Lambo from the Austin dealership solely for dancing in the heads of every other school in the country.  

• Hook 'Em 3

Posted (edited)

image.jpeg.42f895f8aee3122630c9131ffe4b78e2.jpeg

It really is very kind of those altruistic LSU fans to worry about the mental health of our recruits. I'll give them that.  I thought Ryan Wingo might have a chance to be a good player but now I'm worried if thinking about a Lambo is going to distract him from making an impact.   I mean insurance for a Lambo is expensive and so is gas.  Plus all the babes who are going to want to hang out with him in his Lambo will certainly be distractions.  There's a lot of downside to having one to drive around. 

Edited by Horn Under a Bad Sign
  • Haha 3

Just having the Lambos on display has so many fan bases in their feelings. I feel like LSU could line up some pretty sweet fan boats as a counter to our Lambos if they're that worried about it.

• Haha 2

38 minutes ago, hook me said:

Just having the Lambos on display has so many fan bases in their feelings. I feel like LSU could line up some pretty sweet fan boats as a counter to our Lambos if they're that worried about it.

a 10 picnic table long crawfish boil. Come on guys, do I have to do everything for you bunch of swamp rats?

So the Lambo stunt hit one of my feeds and while not news to me it made me laugh. Primarily because the feed was mostly quotes of fans other schools social media. 

The tragic irony those fans largely won't understand is they are actually helping promote Texas Athletics and recruiting by shitting on it via social media. I get it, they don't get the nuance nor the fact that their responses were exactly the point. I just love irony. 

• Hook 'Em 1

I see that after Bama poached SMU’s QB commit, Russell (who Texas was kicking the tires on), SMU pursued TCU’s QB commit, Ty Hawkins. 

That will be a fun rivalry to watch, now that we’re in a different arena. Two small Mid2 conference schools, in a talent rich area, with little popular local support (which they really don’t care about), willing to spend buy players. 

They are traditional rivals and natural rivals, but will stop playing each other after this year. 

Edited by statsman

On 6/9/2024 at 12:21 PM, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

image.jpeg.d9883598b039fc460bdb997bdf383dc9.jpeg

I don't get this. Doesn't every coach essentially lead recruits into believing that he (the coach) can get the recruit to the NFL?  The whole thing is predicated on that idea.

Also, what would you rather be, a former player who doesn't make it the NFL or a former player who doesn't make it to the NFL but drove a Lambo in college?  

This isn't rocket science. 

They're just hating because they want what we have. Dont try to over analyze it. They would do it if they could.

• Hook 'Em 1