Tell me about ou

Texas007

39 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

That.  If Rattler leaves now, he's toxic with any NFL team.  That would be suicide.

He's not hitting the portal, either.  He'll go pro.  NFL teams always stretch for QB's in the draft.  He'll go Top 10 and after his NIL deal, his family prolly needs the money.  No way he gets anything close in NIL money if he transfers to another school.

Unless money really is an issue, Rattler should stay at blOU thru 2021 season, and then transfer in the Spring and play another year of CFB like Jalen Hurts did...

5 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Unless money really is an issue, Rattler should stay at blOU thru 2021 season, and then transfer in the Spring and play another year of CFB like Jalen Hurts did...

Depends on his draft prospects.  Also, he's making what, $800K this season?  He's not making that next year as a transfer at Ole Miss or someplace.  He could easily equal that in the NFL.  The family financial plan was to cash in next season, not delay it another year.

5 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Depends on his draft prospects.  Also, he's making what, $800K this season?  He's not making that next year as a transfer at Ole Miss or someplace.  He could easily equal that in the NFL.  The family financial plan was to cash in next season, not delay it another year.

Again if it's not a money decision, imo Rattler  would probably be better off playing another year of CFB.

Rattler has a lot of growing up to do.  

9 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Again if it's not a money decision, imo Rattler  would probably be better off playing another year of CFB.

Rattler has a lot of growing up to do.  

It's always about money.  His family didn't pay for all the QB camps and self promotional QB1 nonsense to take a pay cut at this point in the game.  Unless his family is legit wealthy (and I don't think they are), they're banking on the money.

From above article, blOU part...

MY SUGGESTION FOR SPENCER RATTLER

10634968.jpg?fit=bounds&crop=620:320,off

(Photo: Getty)

Oklahoma quarterback Spencer Rattler will be a hot topic this offseason with the way things have gone so far this year. Rattler has had an up-and-down season and was benched for freshman Caleb Williams in the Red River Rivalry. Williams played extremely well and led Oklahoma to a win. This puts Rattler in quite the situation because he entered the season as the Heisman favorite and likely No. 1 NFL Draft pick.

Rattler’s father, Mike, told the OU Daily they would would evaluate their options at the end of year and see what’s best as far as transferring or entering the draft. There's no doubt in my opinion that another season in college football would be the best thing for Rattler as he needs to prove, among other things, that he can make better decisions with the football. 

• 4 weeks later...

It is a bit different when it is kicked on 4th down with time remaining on the clock vs a game you can kneel out to win and you call timeout and kick. I also think the safety situation of the field storming was the huge majority of why he was pissed. I was at the game and it was pretty nuts.

That said:
1) it is a legit tiebreaker and more teams should probably do the same.
2) it is their job to score and your job to stop them. Never get mad at someone else for not doing your job.
3) I’m amazed at how many top level athletes/coaches get all up in their feels about not being shown mercy. Fangio for Denver had a huge hissy bc the Ravens ran a play instead of a kneel. Get better and that can’t happen.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/28/2021 at 4:40 PM, LTtxfan said:

1475625378-soonerkidcrying.jpg?w=1200&h=

1475625378-soonerkidcrying.jpg?w=1200&h=

More fuckin' blOU tears -- only watched 5 minutes but still hilarious 😂😂😂😂😂😂 

"Lincoln Riley Adds Insult To Injury Leaving OU After Losing Bedlam for the First time Since 2014" 

Edited by LTtxfan

Lots of blOU folks convinced Riley to Usc has been planned for months... 

And this interesting post from @Sarks Personal Bartender 

From a boomer FB friend (I don’t care enough to fact check):

Nothing but facts:
Clay Helton fired Sept 13th. 
Sept 19th the 1st of 7 recruiting visits to the state of California (7) I said
October 23rd shut out first half in Kansas 
November 5th on bye week canceled film sessions with players and coaches.
November 6th another trip to the LA area.
November 8th the week of Baylor canceled practice for personal matter.
November 13th first loss to baylor 27-14. 
November 25th first article and tweet of Riley to LSU
November 26th Riley meets with media and coaches and says no he is not going to LSU.
November 27th OSU wins bedlam.
November 28th meets with team for 2 minutes total to say he loves them and he is leaving.
November 29th AT 5AM Riley and 5 coaches are at airport and on the way to USC. 
This was not 12 hours on a whim this is a process that included planning and TANKING.
Riley to USC happened September 14th.

1 minute ago, C-Man said:

Does this really worry anybody? He’s a terrific DC and has been great for my wife’s Clemson Tigers. I guess we’ll see if he’s HC material.

I always felt like Lincoln was gonna be short term there -- just didn't seem to mesh with okies.

Venables if successful, probably stays 10 or more years -- better fit imo.