Tell me about ou

Texas007

32 minutes ago, jinx said:

Because he isn't Bo Jackson.  Not even close.

Mimicking an iconic photo of one of the greatest players ever reeks of douchebaggery.

This.  Murray will never play a down in the NFL.  Ricky could have pulled off this photo better, but wouldn’t have dared.  

2 hours ago, C-Man said:

I'm not following.

2015 -- appears in eight games as a true frosh at aggy

2016 -- transfer year, uses his redshirt

2017 -- plays a bit as a RS-Soph in relief of Baker Mayfield

2018 -- RS-Jr in first year as OU's starter

2019 -- would be a RS-Sr

This is what I don't get. To my understanding, unless you're graduate transferring, you lose a year of eligibility and have to sit out. He's the first I've seen that hasn't lost a year for transferring schools. I'm sure there's more out there and it's an exception to that rule. Just never heard of it.

Ou sux and fuck aggy so I bitch, come at me. 

40 minutes ago, BigHorn'13 said:

This is what I don't get. To my understanding, unless you're graduate transferring, you lose a year of eligibility and have to sit out. He's the first I've seen that hasn't lost a year for transferring schools. I'm sure there's more out there and it's an exception to that rule. Just never heard of it.

Ou sux and fuck aggy so I bitch, come at me. 

Still confused. He didn't use his redshirt at aggy so he used it his first year at OU therefore leaving him three seasons of eligibility remaining. This is Year 2 ergo he has one more year left of eligibility that he apparently is eschewing to go play for the Oakland A's farm system.

2 hours ago, Guadaloopy said:

This.  Murray will never play a down in the NFL.  Ricky could have pulled off this photo better, but wouldn’t have dared.  

Not to nitpick, but Murray was the #9 overall selection in MLB and will finish no lower than 2nd in Heisman.

OKC radio reported that some NFL people have just recently done a full NFL evaluation on KM and currently have him with a 3rd round grade, but noted that QB's tend to go higher than their grade. Only his overall physical size keeps him from being a projected 1st rounder.

The publicity photo isn't a stretch. Which btw is just a Heisman campaign put on by OU  

On 11/20/2018 at 12:24 PM, Buddy Hinton said:

Not to nitpick, but Murray was the #9 overall selection in MLB and will finish no lower than 2nd in Heisman.

OKC radio reported that some NFL people have just recently done a full NFL evaluation on KM and currently have him with a 3rd round grade, but noted that QB's tend to go higher than their grade. Only his overall physical size keeps him from being a projected 1st rounder.

The publicity photo isn't a stretch. Which btw is just a Heisman campaign put on by OU  

He hasn’t accomplished shit in the Pros 

Comparing himself to the best two sport athlete in professional history is fucking retarded. 

On 11/22/2018 at 8:21 PM, Neonmoon said:

He hasn’t accomplished shit in the Pros 

Comparing himself to the best two sport athlete in professional history is fucking retarded. 

I know he was drafted #9 overall, but hell, there's still a decent chance he does NOTHING at the Major League level.  The MLB draft is littered with first rounder that never played in the Majors.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, TexasMan said:

A little bit on the issue of extension:

NORMAN — The University of Oklahoma and head football coach Lincoln Riley have reached an agreement in principle on a contract extension and salary increase. The contract terms are being finalized and will be subject to approval by the OU Board of Regents, which will meet later this month.

OU President James Gallogly said the change was made now with the desire to have Riley at the school for many years.

"We felt it important to extend and amend Lincoln's contract at this time as we want him at the University of Oklahoma for a long time," said Gallogly. "He is a great coach and role model for our student-athletes. His record of success speaks for itself. 

"Lincoln is also the right representative for our university in such a high-profile position. I am proud to work with him and anxious to support him as he takes our program into the future."

"We felt it important to extend and amend Lincoln's contract at this time as we want him at the University of Oklahoma for a long time."
- OU President James Gallogly
Vice President and Athletics Director Joe Castiglione also cited Riley's outstanding leadership and a focus on the future of the program under his guidance.

"We're obviously appreciative of what's already been accomplished in such a short time, but strengthening our relationship with Lincoln is also important as we collectively focus on the larger goals of our program," said Castiglione. "He has proven to be one of the most innovative minds in the game today as well as a very successful leader for his student-athletes. His remarkable ascent as one of the most outstanding football coaches in America is grounded in creating the right environment for developing the best growth opportunities for all of his players. The incredible level of achievement and energy around our program all point to a very bright future under his leadership.

"Moreover, Lincoln and Caitlin are tremendous assets to our campus and state. Their representation of OU and contributions to several causes reflect a personal quality that all of us appreciate."
24-4 overall record, 16-2 Big 12
Two Big 12 Championships
Two College Football Playoff appearances
Two Heisman Trophy winners
2018 Co-Big 12 Coach of the Year
Said Riley, "My family and I are very appreciative of the support the University of Oklahoma has shown. We're thankful for the relationships we have with President Gallogly, Joe Castiglione, the OU Board of Regents and the entire Norman community. This has been a great home for us. We've had a great start and we're excited for many more great years in the future."

In his first two seasons at Oklahoma, Riley has led the Sooners to a pair of Big 12 Championships and appearances in the College Football Playoff while producing a 24-4 record, a 16-2 mark in the Big 12 and two Heisman Trophy winners. He was the 2018 Co-Big 12 Coach of the Year.

The last person to win more games than Riley in his first two years as a college head coach was Penn's George Woodruff in 1892-93.

Edited by kopp0e

My Buckeye friend called him a decent coach, terrible recruiter. He was very good at WSU but decidedly mediocre at Ohio State.

Here's an article on his defense: https://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-state-football/film-study/2018/01/90441/film-study-what-to-expect-from-alex-grinchs-buckeye-defense-in-2018

Edited by satyanash

1 hour ago, satyanash said:

My Buckeye friend called him a decent coach, terrible recruiter. He was very good at WSU but decidedly mediocre at Ohio State.

Here's an article on his defense: https://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-state-football/film-study/2018/01/90441/film-study-what-to-expect-from-alex-grinchs-buckeye-defense-in-2018

It's almost like Grinch built his reputation at the time the PAC 12 started to fall off the map. 

On 1/3/2019 at 8:10 PM, LTtxfan said:

Guess Lincoln got The Good Seal of Approval from his Daddy....

giphy.gif

Confirmed.

Lincoln:  “I have a lot of mutual contacts and people I trust in the business (Leach) who have worked with Alex, and they all speak highly of his ability to not only be one of the best schematically, but also a guy who will help build the culture that we want and expect here at Oklahoma on the defensive side.”

Edited by LTtxfan

23 hours ago, texasstrong12 said:

It's almost like Grinch built his reputation at the time the PAC 12 started to fall off the map. 

I think this is correct.  He was good but not great at WSU.  His last defense there was around #60 in rush D when you look at YPC instead of per game.  Made his mark against the pass (#7 pass efficiency D).  All against the weakest P5 competition.

But in his one year at OSU, they got significantly worse at defending the pass (#13 to #42 pass efficiency D).  And they basically fell off a cliff as a run defense (#4 in 2018 YPC rush D to about #80).  Raw numbers they dropped from 2.94 YPC given up to 4.52 YPC.  Not sure what Lincoln sees in the guy.  I wouldn't have much confidence that Grinch could turn around a defense and certainly not quickly.

Edited by sushihorn

I think this is correct.  He was good but not great at WSU.  His last defense there was around #60 in rush D when you look at YPC instead of per game.  Made his mark against the pass (#7 pass efficiency D).  All against the weakest P5 competition.
But in his one year at OSU, they got significantly worse at defending the pass (#13 to #42 pass efficiency D).  And they basically fell off a cliff as a run defense (#4 in 2018 YPC rush D to about #80).  Raw numbers they dropped from 2.94 YPC given up to 4.52 YPC.  Not sure what Lincoln sees in the guy.  I wouldn't have much confidence that Grinch could turn around a defense and certainly not quickly.
Excellent