RIP Pee Wee Herman

BigDHornfan

8 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

the buried lede is that fucking pee wee herman was 70. jesus, i knew i was getting old, but dude was 70?!?

Also, does the hugest controversy ever involving Herman visiting a sex arcade stigmatize him if it happened in 2023? No way. That's like the 9th most interesting story on the TMZ daily.

36 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

the buried lede is that fucking pee wee herman was 70. jesus, i knew i was getting old, but dude was 70?!?

I thought the exact same thing.

26 minutes ago, BeardIP said:

Also, does the hugest controversy ever involving Herman visiting a sex arcade stigmatize him if it happened in 2023? No way. That's like the 9th most interesting story on the TMZ daily.

I could give two shits if he decided to whip his dick out in an adult film theater, assuming that was kind of the norm for places like that. However, I'd forgotten he got popped in 2004 for possessing photographs of minors engaged in sexual conduct and received three years probation.

1 hour ago, HRSchenker said:

i have crystal clear memories of watching this movie in a San Antonio movie theater as a 16year old. The theater ERUPTED during this scene. An amazing movie experience i will never forget.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

And for those who do not want to click on a Twitter link:

Spoiler

In 2013, I was going through a nasty divorce and bitter custody battle. My ex-wife took our home, and I had to move into a motel temporarily. To make matters worse, she wouldn't let me see our daughter except once a weekend in exchange for "child support". During those weekends, I spent every waking minute taking my daughter all over Sarasota, never knowing when I'd be able to see her again.

At nights, we'd binge on #PeeWeeHerman for months until she became the world's youngest Pee Wee fan. In 2014, with the divorce behind me and now having full custody of my daughter, I emailed Paul Reubens on Facebook of all things to thank him for making my childhood so much fun and for helping my daughter and I through hard times. Shockingly, he responded with an inspirational message and asked me for my phone number. Honestly, I was terrified, but I gave it to him.

The next day, Paul called, and we talked for 10 minutes about the divorce, my job, my daughter, and of course, his amazing work. He asked me to save his number and to call him next month as he was going out of town for a few weeks. A month later, I gave him a call, and amazingly, Paul Reubens invited us to his mother's home in Sarasota. He met my daughter, who was only 3 and showed us props from his show and movies and even fed us juice and snacks by his private lake where my daughter chased ducks.

We didn't want to overstay our welcome so we left within the hour but I will never forget the day my daughter and I got to hang out with the person who showed us just how fun even the most mundane activities could be with a little imagination. Thank you, Paul.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

And for those who do not want to click on a Twitter link:

Reveal hidden contents

In 2013, I was going through a nasty divorce and bitter custody battle. My ex-wife took our home, and I had to move into a motel temporarily. To make matters worse, she wouldn't let me see our daughter except once a weekend in exchange for "child support". During those weekends, I spent every waking minute taking my daughter all over Sarasota, never knowing when I'd be able to see her again.

At nights, we'd binge on #PeeWeeHerman for months until she became the world's youngest Pee Wee fan. In 2014, with the divorce behind me and now having full custody of my daughter, I emailed Paul Reubens on Facebook of all things to thank him for making my childhood so much fun and for helping my daughter and I through hard times. Shockingly, he responded with an inspirational message and asked me for my phone number. Honestly, I was terrified, but I gave it to him.

The next day, Paul called, and we talked for 10 minutes about the divorce, my job, my daughter, and of course, his amazing work. He asked me to save his number and to call him next month as he was going out of town for a few weeks. A month later, I gave him a call, and amazingly, Paul Reubens invited us to his mother's home in Sarasota. He met my daughter, who was only 3 and showed us props from his show and movies and even fed us juice and snacks by his private lake where my daughter chased ducks.

We didn't want to overstay our welcome so we left within the hour but I will never forget the day my daughter and I got to hang out with the person who showed us just how fun even the most mundane activities could be with a little imagination. Thank you, Paul.

That's almost like the fake "Texas A&M has the best fans in the world" posts on TexAgs.