Hey Steel Shank!

Judge Roybeanbag

If you’re eating low carb, Mississippi pot roast is great served over mashed cauliflower. We use the buttermilk ranch seasoning packet, an au jus seasoning packet, and a stick of butter. Plus most of the jar of pepperocinis without the juice. The only thing that I warn people of is the leftovers may be 50% or more just butter and beef fat lol.

Edited by Covri

On 4/24/2021 at 10:45 AM, Covri said:

If you’re eating low carb, Mississippi pot roast is great served over mashed cauliflower. We use the buttermilk ranch seasoning packet, an au jus seasoning packet, and a stick of butter. Plus most of the jar of pepperocinis without the juice. The only thing that I warn people of is the leftovers may be 50% or more just butter and beef fat lol.

I always just dump the peppercorcinis with juice, is that wrong? lol

Also, I'm trying to avoid red meat cause health, would it still be good with say like a pork butt?

Edited by BurntOrange&White

Also, I'm trying to avoid red meat cause health, would it still be good with say like a pork butt?

I just dumped in the juice from the jar an hour ago.

As someone who generally avoids red meat due to heart issues, pork butt isn’t any better than beef. About the only meat that is acceptable from a cholesterol and saturated fat standpoint is skinless chicken breast and certain fish. However such talk has no business in this thread.

7 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Never tried it with pork and I just omitted the juice figuring it would just detract. The peppers don’t seem to change the flavor whether it’s 6 or 26 so I just put as many as I want in there while eating others during the prep process lol.

On 4/21/2021 at 4:21 AM, Steel Shank said:

You should put a slice of cheese over the tops of those to act as a blanket - keep warmth in and “hold it all together”.

This would be in addition to the cheese hinge, amirite?

BTW, since learning about the cheese hinge on this thread it has completely changed my hot dog game.  Allmyrep to whoever first posted about that.

3 hours ago, davidg said:

This would be in addition to the cheese hinge, amirite?

BTW, since learning about the cheese hinge on this thread it has completely changed my hot dog game.  Allmyrep to whoever first posted about that.

I believe it was the creator of this thread and a wizard with left-overs in his own right, the incomparable and effervescent Judge Roybeanbag (Judgey Wudgey).

• Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, Steel Shank said:

I believe it was the creator of this thread and a wizard with left-overs in his own right, the incomparable and effervescent Judge Roybeanbag (Judgey Wudgey).

Yeah I got tired of taking a bite of wonderful chili dog and having the whole mess fall out of the bottom of the bun.  So I figured why not add some integrity, and put the cheese on the bun hinge while I’m toasting it, then put everything else on.  And you can always add more cheese on top.  

11 minutes ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

Yeah I got tired of taking a bite of wonderful chili dog and having the whole mess fall out of the bottom of the bun.  So I figured why not add some integrity, and put the cheese on the bun hinge while I’m toasting it, then put everything else on.  And you can always add more cheese on top.  

Bespectacled Birthdays: Steve Martin (from The Jerk), c.1979

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

22 minutes ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

All I'm saying is that if this innovation is not mentioned in your obituary, your family will have failed you.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, T-shirt Sip said:

Dinner is served. 

CE0903ED-06A5-4E21-9145-676CF59F7EBB.jpeg

The dreaded sausage cheese tray. A staple, but man it will wreck your farts.  Once upon a time I went fishing at the coast with a group of miscreants, and one guy always insisted on stopping at Buccees, and bought the dried sausage and cheese tray.  This same fellow, I never saw drink water or anything resembling water the entire trip.  He subsisted on bud light and Jameson, plus whatever tanglefoot or busthead liquor was being passed around.  We had a general rule of “stay out of my truck” meaning sleep in your own stuff and don’t dirty up your buddies ride.  

Well after wading a Texas bay in July you tend to get pretty ripe, not to mention sand and shell and whatever.  We lost track of this dude at some point after dark.

About 5 the next morning, my buddy got out of his tent cot and went over to his truck.  The windows were all fogged up. He opened the door, and the amount of funk that rolled out would have knocked out James Brown.  Dude was passed out in there with his sausage cheese tray on his knees, moldy bay fishing wet pants and 8 hours worth of farts.  Sand and shell all over the place.  Fortunately we didn’t end up in the murder thread, but it was close.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

One Mississippi pot roast is great, two are twice as nice.  Unfortunately hadn’t replenished my pepperoncinis from the las time so only had about 1/4 jar left.  I did have an almost full jar of roasted red peppers though, so in it goes.  Also was intrigued with the recipe originally calling for Italian dressing, so why not?  Roast #1 with au jus & ranch mix & red peppers, roast #2 with au jus & italian dressing & pepperoncinis.  Shredded and served up on a baked tater.

1339607A-E132-4B92-9F06-A089CB751561.jpeg

4048404B-9E4F-4FC3-BB15-833870DD6440.jpeg

27CD574C-5B3F-427F-A914-1B5DDBB2032F.jpeg

FA7C2DD3-1B2D-4212-8E86-CE8CECB2E1CE.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

32 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I like taking those beans from Zoe's and the tomato soup they do and dumping them into each other. 

Threw them in the cast iron skillet with the Irish butter and steak juices for the 5 minutes the skirt steak was resting.  Boom!