Hey Steel Shank!

4 hours ago, Texzilla58 said:

Recipe please. Those are different than mine.

I’m assuming mashed taters as well.

Yes on the taters.   That’s an older pic but the recipe is pretty simple, I mix up the meat like I’m making meat loaf, with random bread crumbs and some beefy onion soup mix.  Throw on the hot grill for 3 or 4 minutes per side.

spacer.png

Then I cover them with brown mushroom and onion gravy and bake for 25 or 30 minutes.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Since we’re talking meat, I also sometimes make one of my old man’s concoctions, open faced burgers.   Take the same meat mixture, smear it on hamburger buns, top with a little bacon grease and bake them until slightly crispy.

spacer.png

@shadow_operative2.0 says they’re better if you crisp the buns a little before putting the meat on, I’m not gonna argue with him but these were good.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 6/9/2022 at 9:05 AM, Cheeseweasel said:

"Stop when your arm starts hurting"

This is funny because last weekend I grilled a couple dozen burgers for a group.  Each burger had freshly ground black pepper and ground salt on each side. They were delicious. The next morning when I woke up my grinding arm hurt so dadgum bad!  I can still feel it a little as I type this. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Fudbelty said:

It is my understanding there shall never be leftover Mac n cheese made from a box.

It's easily 2,000 calories prepared as I did. I ate a little over half probably. Had a late lunch and a sixer of Heineken. Polished it off for breakfast.

I'm a fan of the occasional BBQ chicken pizza. I doubt that Ive ever ordered one at a pizza joint, but I usually have one of the trader joes version in my freezer, and the fresh sliced jalapeno is a must. Your effort looks more than respectable.  

• Hook 'Em 1

I ate my first bbq chicken pizza at CPK in Oahu around 94. It was sensational back then.

Of course having lived in Memphis, bbq pizza was a common thing. Pulled pork, onions, peppers. As a lot of white bbq was from Italian grocers, putting bbq on a pizza was a natural thing. A Coletta’s bbq pizza was our wedding night meal.

1 hour ago, Texzilla58 said:

I ate my first bbq chicken pizza at CPK in Oahu around 94. It was sensational back then.

A Coletta’s bbq pizza was our wedding night meal.

Talk about marrying out of your league…

Edited by jw4381

5 hours ago, wd40 said:

I don't know why I made this, because for all the times I saw it on the Double Dave's buffet, I never had any interest.  like, I'd just wait for them to reload, if this was all that was left.  maybe even get a salad.

bbq chicken pizza.  skillet-reheated heb rotochicken on garlic naan.

image.thumb.jpeg.65d1c38ed7817db880eb55e9476de7d0.jpeg

DoubleDave's is still in business? That's comforting. Do they still make that cheesesteak stromboli? I all but subsisted on those during the late 90s.

A couple recent lunches. Yesterday took some leftover fajita meet and some leftover yellow rice from a different meal and made a burrito, topped with salsa and chipotle aioli. Grilled the tortilla until crispy.

9FC64947-4333-4397-BE33-F744A47CF5F9.thumb.jpeg.e2ee26ba43205d21ca9e88634bfa94d0.jpeg

718B9C68-159C-44E0-931B-A5E57284FB80.thumb.jpeg.1f5756ece5a029007cbec27c388c2a7d.jpeg

Today I used the rest of meet and rice to make a bowl with shredded cheese, salsa, and some crunched up seasoned tortilla chips (think Julio’s but the in house market street version).  It was the end of the bag so lots of seasoning from the chips. Served on the keyboard of my home office lol.

27C3FC2C-9A47-4E6F-8752-8F0E0F944A5E.thumb.jpeg.28f41c8f545b39f873b234ec220579c0.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3
  • Drool 2