Hey Steel Shank!

6 hours ago, Paco said:

This is the Steel Shank thread. Man makes his grub, man calls it whatever he wants. The fancy stuff I cooked thread is over there>>

Yup, the literal translation of "migas" is "little crumbs of stuff mixed together".  So @Paco is right, anything goes.  Well almost anything.

• Hook 'Em 3

cheese and japs should be mixed with the meat inside the casing. 

I like jalapeño in sausage. I hate cheese in a sausage, in particular that nasty shit cheese used by most deer processors. My son loves it so it’s in his summer sausage.

Do you see cheese in any charcuterie in Europe where they invented it? Nope. Sausage should be cheeseless. That’s what the animal fat is for.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Texzilla58 said:

I like jalapeño in sausage. I hate cheese in a sausage, in particular that nasty shit cheese used by most deer processors. My son loves it so it’s in his summer sausage.

Do you see cheese in any charcuterie in Europe where they invented it? Nope. Sausage should be cheeseless. That’s what the animal fat is for.

We’re taking about salami not fucking prosciutto or jamon Iberico 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

OH! Well of course! Let's make sure we get European approval for our Texas recipes! What were we thinking??

You can have my Opa's jalapeno cheese sausage when you pry it from my cold dead hands right after my heart attack.
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 4

4 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

On this thread, all is allowed.  Nothing is sacred, except the right of a man to eat whatever the hell he wants however he wants.

4 hours ago, smuggs said:

12A61132-7E6D-4CAE-A0C7-8D9BA2765565.jpeg

I love the self-resolution of the steel shank thread. We always get back on track. Sometimes it only takes a post. 

OH! Well of course! Let's make sure we get European approval for our Texas recipes! What were we thinking??

You can have my Opa's jalapeno cheese sausage when you pry it from my cold dead hands right after my heart attack.

Sausage as brought to Texas by German butchers was made of waste and guts but no fucking processed cheese food product. The way they were led by God. Cheese in sausage is a recent perversion like HFCS in every fucking thing we eat.

3 hours ago, Texzilla58 said:

Sausage as brought to Texas by German butchers was made of waste and guts but no fucking processed cheese food product. The way they were led by God. Cheese in sausage is a recent perversion like HFCS in every fucking thing we eat.

We found @futureman's sock. I wonder if this guy also sucks down as much "mayo."

2 hours ago, NorthLoop said:

Most of it you can't see, but there's beans, egg, JD Sausage, hash browns, cheese, salsa.... and leftover jambalaya. 

breffic.jpg

Really appreciate the blending of cultures/cuisine here. Not enough Mexican-Cajun crossover fusion in the world. I think I'm going to make myself a boudin and egg taco for breakfast tomorrow.

Edited by Mitch Cumsteen
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Drool 1

8 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Es la verdad.  Grew up on guisada and gumbo.  And with that cultural blend, we were the original "we eat organic" crowd.  That is, if it's carbon-based, we ate it.

at least there was always crawdad to be found

• Hook 'Em 2