Hey Steel Shank!

2 hours ago, deft said:

Or you could eat it off of the tray like you’re supposed to do. It’s like I’m playing card with my brothers kids

I'm more triggered by the allotment of four nachos. You in the doghouse, Frank? Wartime rationing in effect? 

11 hours ago, Frank The Tank said:

The tray goes in between us on the counter and then we got 12 a piece. I apportion them out a few at a time on the plate  to build on the sour cream, jalapeño and hot sauce. Don’t want it getting soggy while it waits to be eaten. 

Username definitely does not check out. 

When I make naoches, I always make sure I get the best ones (extra fixins and shit) and my wife gets the others (if I don't eat them, too).

Do you ascribe to the child corollary to this rule, which is basically they get simple plain baked chips, or at most a few wisps of cheese. No need to waste your stuff on them.

Will never understand the need of so many parents to expand the palates of their kids. It’s a path to bankruptcy. Feed them a three buck happy meal. Otherwise you’re forking over $100 for sushi, or they’re whining for lobster, or $4 a piece street tacos. Let them find their palate when they grow up.

1 hour ago, Texzilla58 said:

Do you ascribe to the child corollary to this rule, which is basically they get simple plain baked chips, or at most a few wisps of cheese. No need to waste your stuff on them.

Will never understand the need of so many parents to expand the palates of their kids. It’s a path to bankruptcy. Feed them a three buck happy meal. Otherwise you’re forking over $100 for sushi, or they’re whining for lobster, or $4 a piece street tacos. Let them find their palate when they grow up.

I think this is an excellent and insightful question. It is a delicate balance on what foods children should be exposed to. I try and bring my son along gently, feeling my way through his likes and dislikes. I introduce new foods and combinations when I think he's ready. One day he'll be cooking for himself, and probably posting his creations here. I fully expect him to raise the bar, as it were.

Again, I'd like to commend you on your question. May you get a nice block of Velveeta in your Christmas/Hannakuh/Whatever stocking this year.

Cheers!

• Haha 2