Hey Steel Shank!

Judge Roybeanbag

On 9/27/2022 at 10:11 PM, Covri said:

Honestly a winning combo, that's a solid chain pizza when done right and usually reheats even better, plus Gattis ranch is the best. And as Texzilla said the old world pepperonis make it that much better than just double regular pepperoni.

Marcos was our chain place to get locally more often then not until the last year when they stopped paying their employees enough to give a shit to make a decent pizza. I suspect it's because the family video store shutdown during Covid killing that revenue stream. The seasoned crusts were always a nice addition.

Uhh... do you live in Allen. Because my wife and I have had the exact same conversation about our Marcos down the street. Used to go at least twice a month. Haven't in probably a year after getting bad service 2 or 3 time

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Jameslaw121 said:

Uhh... do you live in Allen. Because my wife and I have had the exact same conversation about our Marcos down the street. Used to go at least twice a month. Haven't in probably a year after getting bad service 2 or 3 time

Lol yeah I do . Last time was probably a year ago ourselves and we were the same maybe a couple times a month customer. The location on the east side by celebration park.

Our rotation used to be crazy tomato, Napolis, and Marcos pre Covid. Now we tend to get Zalat and goodfellas in Wylie more, and for chain pizza back to dominoes/Pizza Hut. Crazy tomato still gets in the rotation from time to time though.

• Hook 'Em 1

One of these days we’re going to see a box of Hunt Brothers in this thread. But I’m not going to be the pathetic bastard to do it.

I think you’re on to something and it might be worth a separate thread. Future has a 711 pizza shown here. I’d like to see the meal experience. It’s not just a Hunt Brothers type pizza but the ecosystem it is spawned from. The convenience store, gas station, bait shop, etc adds to to story. And do you buy a whole pizza at QT or a slice in a triangle box next to the roller grill or Jo Jo taters? The purveyor as well. Vague Middle eastern dude? Redneck meth mouth? Orange Mohawk dude with prison tats?

14 hours ago, Covri said:

Lol yeah I do . Last time was probably a year ago ourselves and we were the same maybe a couple times a month customer. The location on the east side by celebration park.

Our rotation used to be crazy tomato, Napolis, and Marcos pre Covid. Now we tend to get Zalat and goodfellas in Wylie more, and for chain pizza back to dominoes/Pizza Hut. Crazy tomato still gets in the rotation from time to time though.

Small word. I live over by Ford Middle School. When we first moved here, getting a movie at Family Video and Pizza from Marcos were common Friday night practices. We still do Crazy Tomato. My wife likes Italian Villa's pizza, I think it's pretty meh...

But mostly, if we're feeding kids, it's Dominoes/Pizza Hut now. For something nice, we drive to Cadillac in McKinney or Campisisi's in Plano. There is also a Barrio's that opened next to Rockfish at 121 @ 75. For the price, it's pretty good. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Small word. I live over by Ford Middle School. When we first moved here, getting a movie at Family Video and Pizza from Marcos were common Friday night practices. We still do Crazy Tomato. My wife likes Italian Villa's pizza, I think it's pretty meh...
But mostly, if we're feeding kids, it's Dominoes/Pizza Hut now. For something nice, we drive to Cadillac in McKinney or Campisisi's in Plano. There is also a Barrio's that opened next to Rockfish at 121 @ 75. For the price, it's pretty good. 
Campisis in Plano is awesome. Haven't been to the original in Dallas in over 4 years. The one in Plano is very convenient for us. The one in Dallas isn't.

8 hours ago, Jameslaw121 said:

Been to the place next to rockfish and it was good. I'll try the others at some point, heard of both. The NY pizza and pints by the outlet mall is also pretty good. And if you haven't tried the 5th street pizza by the Stacy furniture it's worth a shot to at least try the St Louis style thin crust (it's got a specific cheese they are known for Provel) and they have legit pepperoni Rolls, but you the price for the rolls is a bit steep for what they are.

Italian Villa is pretty standard NY pizza and Napolis used to to it better but they changed the sauce and it's no longer any better than Italian villa or Joes Italian. Still solid but that's why we started getting Goodfellas in Wylie and Zalat in Plano which they've since open an Allen location. Especially if you spent years eating dollar pepperoni rolls at double Dave's lol.

We do get the chain pizza for the kids still when in a hurry and usually get one with the white sauce at Pizza Hut or dominoes, think they are both a creamy garlic sauce of some sort, recommend it to whoever hasn't tried it that way, it's better than the marinaras they offer.

• Hook 'Em 1

28 minutes ago, PantsTent said:

Tots and rice? I do two with ground beef…one with tots and one with rice. Would still eat.

Brown some hamburger, garlic, onions peppers whatever.  Mix in mushroom soup, velveeta, milk and seasoning.  Dump in a casserole dish, put tater tots on top and cook for 45 minutes or so. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

If they are saltines like the ones my wife paid $5 for at market street in that same little container you can make them at home for a fraction of the cost and fresh with whatever seasonings you want. There are bake and no bake methods for them. Just google flavored saltines recipes.