Hey Steel Shank!

Judge Roybeanbag

On 4/14/2023 at 6:48 PM, Dutch said:

Presented for consideration… “Gringo Birria.”

Simmer a package of Del Real Birria from Costco. It’s in the pre-packaged fridged foods section.

acc0e1f4f6fee30563b78e1d47c28dca.jpg

Toast up those tortillas from Costco. Y’all know the ones…

b864b844c2a5f830a26d48abe82db731.jpg

Dunk toasted tortilla in the Birria grease. Twice. Load up the now glistening tortilla with the simmered beef and cheese.

c8ba67ebec7c2a57602560fa0ef7ecf5.jpg

Fry it off.

5a576bc5ce157f749f2b47e1d3a069df.jpg

Both sides, obviously.

f9f9efd351544baf7e3bcd105b525a80.jpg

Serve with Valentina’s and ice cold beer.

83444c7ffde57b24507971ffd2ee1690.jpg

“But Dutch. Just one? TF, bro?!”

You eat the the cooked one while the next tortilla is toasting, thus ensuring maximum flavor.

Take the noodles from a package or cup of Ramen and cook them in some birria sauce. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Drool 2

13 hours ago, ChickenSandwich said:

Leftover beef sausage, bbq sauce , tater tots, cheese, sour cream, doña, grilled onion and jalapeños. 

Had the second taco as a cold leftover and might have been even better. 

52841666648_be58bd278f_b.jpg52841634515_a39e0f76ba_b.jpg

I don't even give a shit about the fancy plates. Dem fuckin' tacos!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, South Austin said:

That’s as an “I don’t have enough energy to make a real dinner, or go on living” picture I’ve ever seen in this thread.

I’ve had that for breakfast more times than I can count.  Except I use the regular sliced American, not singles.  I’m not a savage.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, HeHateMe said:

Did you leave the wrapper on?

Negative 

39 minutes ago, South Austin said:

That’s as an “I don’t have enough energy to make a real dinner, or go on living” picture I’ve ever seen in this thread.

No need to send a wellness check. I'm good.

33 minutes ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

I’ve had that for breakfast more times than I can count.  Except I use the regular sliced American, not singles.  I’m not a savage.

Finished up the real cheese and was working with what I had. Plus there is something magical about the American cheese single balloon that forms. Especially with a little charing. My only regret was not adding serranos. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, CoachTex said:

Negative 

No need to send a wellness check. I'm good.

Finished up the real cheese and was working with what I had. Plus there is something magical about the American cheese single balloon that forms. Especially with a little charing. My only regret was not adding serranos. 

The cheese balloon will burn your mouth enough so you wouldn’t notice a serrano.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 4/25/2023 at 10:11 AM, ERhine said:

Tacos Doña Lena

that place is really great

TJ birria y mas on durham near the heights HEB has birria ramen on the regular menu.  a couple places in food halls downtown and some trucks in the parks on chimney rock have it too, but i haven't been to those. 

• Like 2

I do not road trip without getting local gas station grub, made the way that locals eat it.

Estonian gas station hot dog, with ketchup, spicy mustard, pickles, topped with fried onions. It was pretty good. Norwegian gas station hot dogs are still the king, though.

e418b81bc18f8fcc08416a0c032479d5.jpg

Also grabbed some dried pike strips for a road trip snack yesterday. If you think they’d taste like salty, crunchy strips of fish…you’d be right.

aa9b7df8183e35249b9dbe5414f2b832.jpg

And yeah, the name of the local brew makes me laugh, every time. “Le Coq.” Heh heh.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

On 5/5/2023 at 10:51 AM, Focht Up said:

I'm not sure why, but I've never tried doing this.

Dumping the last handful or two of crumbs from the bag of tortilla chips in a bowl and adding enough salsa to stir and coat then eaten with a spoon might be the best way to actually eat chips and salsa. 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Covri said:

Dumping the last handful or two of crumbs from the bag of tortilla chips in a bowl and adding enough salsa to stir and coat then eaten with a spoon might be the best way to actually eat chips and salsa. 

I read this thread this week and then found myself at the end of a bag of tortilla chips last night. This was life changing.