Hey Steel Shank!

Judge Roybeanbag

4 hours ago, Underdog said:

Yes, I’ve had Wendy’s breakfast once… just once. 

Worst fast food breakfast in the game?  Could be.  And so much of it is due to their "breakfast potato" choice:

JFC7PLHETNHGPHZPOGXFNSNN74.jpeg

Fuck that.  Give me the hash browns/tator tots/tator crowns breakfast potatoes all the other joints use.  Every damned time.  Nobody wants any goddamn home fries when they're eating their fast food breakfast on their way out of town.

• Like 1

Ok, so I know that this thread is the goulash thread of fine dining.  We're taking what we have left in the fridge or pantry and making questionable life decisions that the finer dining philistines wouldn't understand.  That being said, I went to Heb earlier this week and had a hankering for hot dogs so I actually have hot dog buns that will be used as hot dog buns.

944b437baae7089c24135593f80e1798.jpg

Guys, the air fryer steps up your hotdog game big time.  Threw in some Hebrew nationals at 400 for about 5 minutes.  Then I sprayed the buns (with spicy mustard already inside, no cheese hinge though) with some duck fat and 'bunned up the dogs and let them go for another 2 minutes. The buns get a crispness on the outside while staying fluffy and light inside.  Look, I love a stadium dog that has a steamed bun but this gives the wet steamed bun a run for the money.

Sorry for long diatribe.  A joke shouldn't be explained.  A true steel shank dining experience shouldn't need this much explanation either.  But fuck it, I just had some good ass hotdogs.  

Edited by deft
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2
  • Drool 1

Ok, so I know that this thread is the goulash thread of fine dining.  We're taking what we have left in the fridge or pantry and making questionable life decisions that the finer dining philistines wouldn't understand.  That being said, I went to Heb earlier this week and had a hankering for hot dogs so I actually have hot dog buns that will be used as hot dog buns.

Guys, the air fryer steps up your hotdog game big time.  Threw in some Hebrew nationals at 400 for about 5 minutes.  Then I sprayed the buns (with spicy mustard already inside, no cheese hinge though) with some duck fat and 'bunned up the dogs and let them go for another 2 minutes. The buns get a crispness on the outside while staying fluffy and light inside.  Look, I love a stadium dog that has a steamed bun but this gives the wet steamed bun a run for the money.

Sorry for long diatribe.  A joke shouldn't be explained.  A true steel shank dining experience shouldn't need this much explanation either.  But fuck it, I just had some good ass hotdogs.  

What’s to apologize for? Hot dogs need no apology ever in my opinion. Those look like masterpieces though I’d like a bit more mustard. I think a bear head plate equates a paper plate.

1 hour ago, deft said:

I’m just a moderate fan of hot dogs, but those look outstanding. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Might be an unpopular opinion but I don’t like cheese on hot dogs. Or even chili dogs.
  • Like 1

On 9/8/2022 at 3:37 PM, Underdog said:

Frying up some spam for lunch at work tomorrow, figure I’d have a snack/taste test beforehand… 

2E5802CF-1240-4C9C-B3D7-213104C98E24.thumb.jpeg.3fc8dee50d0eb1489f5e8f83d4602847.jpeg

Fry some cubed Spam with dealers' choice of onion, bell pepper, or .....  Pour in some eggs and scramble.  Add choice of salsa's and have at it.   Makes for a great deer camp breakfast.

• Like 1

I want to share something with y'all.  this isn't a picture of something I've made but I wanted to share it here because this thread, perhaps more than anywhere else, knows of my love for the greatest of all of god's gifts, mayonnaise.  I've found a burger place in guadalajara that is self-serve on the condiments.

Spoiler

this self-serve mayo vat is one of the greatest things that's ever happened to me.  I love all of you.

8BCE5CC1-9ECC-463B-9B81-142011393BC8_1_105_c.thumb.jpeg.9c07df99454d4601ab331771708a92c0.jpeg

Edited by futureman

I 'member my buddies and I were in Cancun for Spring Break circa 1985 or so.  We were eating burgers at a place for lunch in that space between really really hungover and second wind, when a guy pulled up in a beat up old VW bug.  He goes to the front trunk, opens it and hauls out about a 20 lb clear bag of ground beef.  It was a hot day, and we saw that and did a few double clutches as we were trying to finish our suddenly unappetizing burgers.  /csb

7 minutes ago, Covri said:

Looks like reheated thin crust Marcos Pepperoni Magnifico 

Nailed it. 

I went by my mom's place and she pawned off the leftovers on me. Not that I have anything against Marco's. 

I had some leftover Gatti's ranch to pair with it. 

• Hook 'Em 2

52 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Nailed it. 

I went by my mom's place and she pawned off the leftovers on me. Not that I have anything against Marco's. 

I had some leftover Gatti's ranch to pair with it. 

Honestly a winning combo, that's a solid chain pizza when done right and usually reheats even better, plus Gattis ranch is the best. And as Texzilla said the old world pepperonis make it that much better than just double regular pepperoni.

Marcos was our chain place to get locally more often then not until the last year when they stopped paying their employees enough to give a shit to make a decent pizza. I suspect it's because the family video store shutdown during Covid killing that revenue stream. The seasoned crusts were always a nice addition.