Hey Steel Shank!

Judge Roybeanbag

Did you drive 20 miles with it sitting on the engine to warm it up or eat it cold like a bitch?

You can go fuck yourself with this shit attitude and negativity. I work out of my truck and have one of these. Plug it in and put whatever I want in there about 45 minutes before I want to eat. Also bought some foil pans for stuff that isn’t in a can or a burrito. 36297aa2386faf0587974d8599b22f36.png

cold chili from the can is highly edible. 

Yup. I scooped some with the Fritos before heating so I could dump Fritos in and it’s delicious. I had a frito in every bite.
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, Fudbelty said:

You can go fuck yourself with this shit attitude and negativity. I work out of my truck and have one of these. Plug it in and put whatever I want in there about 45 minutes before I want to eat. Also bought some foil pans for stuff that isn’t in a can or a burrito. 36297aa2386faf0587974d8599b22f36.png

Yup. I scooped some with the Fritos before heating so I could dump Fritos in and it’s delicious. I had a frito in every bite.

Hell, I always thought that’s what the dash of the pickup was for. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, futureman said:

1 hour ago, Fudbelty said:

This is all correct.  And right, and good.  Amen.

• Hook 'Em 1

Hell, I always thought that’s what the dash of the pickup was for. 

It was until I saw a co-worker with one of these. It’s fantastic. When you go to your favorite fast food taco establishment order a couple extra bean burritos and then warm them up in this the next day. Big win.

4 hours ago, CooterBrown said:

Did you drive 20 miles with it sitting on the engine to warm it up or eat it cold like a bitch?

This old Czech farmer I worked for for a couple years heated everything on his dash.  His go to was a can of sardines in mustard.  They’d sit there all morning and then at lunch he’d open the can, dump the entire contents on a piece of bread and make a sandwich.  He also would leave gas station plastic wrapped cheeseburgers and burritos up there.   Fortunately his truck didn’t have AC, so I could hang my head out the window like a dog when he drove me home in the evening.

Edited by Judge Roybeanbag
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, futureman said:

a few years ago, a couple of mtb buddies and I drove all night to Angel Fire for some downhillin'.  stopped at an Allsups in Ft Sumner at o'dark:30 for some gas.  I got a couple fresh burritos.  one guy got a can of Stagg Chili and literally drank the whole thing cold, standing there at the gas pump.  

from there to AF is maybe 3 hours.  we crested the last ridge overlooking the valley AF is in just before twilight, and decided to pull off for a nap so's not to wake our host up too early.  thank God it's cool and breezy at night there in August, because holy shit, those Stagg farts would've killed us with the windows rolled up.  

I assume the altitude played a part in the conversion time.  I'm not a chemist, but I think an added factor was that zero bacteria died in the reheating process.  I mean, I can out-fart a lot of folks.  but that was fucking vile.  

• Like 1

18 hours ago, wd40 said:

a few years ago, a couple of mtb buddies and I drove all night to Angel Fire for some downhillin'.  stopped at an Allsups in Ft Sumner at o'dark:30 for some gas.  I got a couple fresh burritos.  one guy got a can of Stagg Chili and literally drank the whole thing cold, standing there at the gas pump.  

from there to AF is maybe 3 hours.  we crested the last ridge overlooking the valley AF is in just before twilight, and decided to pull off for a nap so's not to wake our host up too early.  thank God it's cool and breezy at night there in August, because holy shit, those Stagg farts would've killed us with the windows rolled up.  

I assume the altitude played a part in the conversion time.  I'm not a chemist, but I think an added factor was that zero bacteria died in the reheating process.  I mean, I can out-fart a lot of folks.  but that was fucking vile.  

This hits close to home for me, as I too have dined at that very same Allsups.  

I posted quite a bit in the summer of 2019 when my girlfriend and I did a literal Lonesome Dove trip- Rio Grande to the Milk River.  We detoured in New Mexico to hit Fort Sumner- I wanted to hit the Billy the Kid grave and say, "How's Jesus look to you now, Bob?"  It was about suppertime when we hit town, and my girlfriend started looking at her phone for local restaurants.  Like a glowing Brisket signal, I saw the Allsups sign and said, "Right there, honey.  We're eating right there."  She asked why we were eating supper at a gas station and all I could tell her was, "I've never eaten at an Allsups, and see, there are these guys from the internet..."

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, CycleTex87 said:

Allsup's is listed as one of the top five restaurants in Ft Sumner, NM, just sayin.

My brother and I did a road trip from Seattle back to Austin and stopped there and Allsup’s was the only thing open for dinner when we got into town. 

2 hours ago, Kennythetiger said:

This hits close to home for me, as I too have dined at that very same Allsups.  

I posted quite a bit in the summer of 2019 when my girlfriend and I did a literal Lonesome Dove trip- Rio Grande to the Milk River.  We detoured in New Mexico to hit Fort Sumner- I wanted to hit the Billy the Kid grave and say, "How's Jesus look to you now, Bob?"  It was about suppertime when we hit town, and my girlfriend started looking at her phone for local restaurants.  Like a glowing Brisket signal, I saw the Allsups sign and said, "Right there, honey.  We're eating right there."  She asked why we were eating supper at a gas station and all I could tell her was, "I've never eaten at an Allsups, and see, there are these guys from the internet..."

You've now sent me down a worm hole trying to plan this trip when I get my RV....

11 minutes ago, Jameslaw121 said:

You've now sent me down a worm hole trying to plan this trip when I get my RV....

We flew into San Antonio and rented a car.  Drove to Del Rio, which we considered "Start".  Hit Langtry, TX (my dad is a huge Paul Newman fan), then spent the first night in Fort Davis, TX.  Followed the Goodnight Loving trail as best we could, with a few detours for cool shit.  Second night was in Las Vegas, NM.  Third night, Kremmling, CO- had a cup of gas station coffee the next morning with a mountain lion hunter- very interesting.  Fourth night was Miles City, and then we considered "Finish" when we hit the Milk River.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Dutch said:

Kid requested breffiss for dinner. I didn’t complain.

10ca2e2ed35d9790648e98736bf70287.jpg

English muff, eggs, bacon, japs, Clint’s hot, cheese, hot sauce. Open-face style, because sometimes an open-face sammich just slams.

If the last English muff I ate looked like that, I wouldn't have got the clap in '08.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Victor Lazlo said:

Dammit, I seem to have imbibed a little too much this evening. Had to scrounge a suitable snack that might mitigate the inevitable hangover. 

I present for your viewing pleasure my Chappell Hill Sausage sandwich on garlic Texas toast, with ranch dressing. 

8768725E-91E7-4AF7-B617-4B80001E4B85.jpeg

I want to know more about this firearm. 

speculation:  it's not the ice cream, per se.  it's the fancy deco on the pie and the wine in a proper stemware that puts it at odds with this thread's themes.

side note:  mint ice cream and key lime pie?  that's fetish behavior, akin to orange juice and toothpaste.  all yours, bro.

• Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, Victor Lazlo said:

Dammit, I seem to have imbibed a little too much this evening. Had to scrounge a suitable snack that might mitigate the inevitable hangover. 

I present for your viewing pleasure my Chappell Hill Sausage sandwich on garlic Texas toast, with ranch dressing. 

8768725E-91E7-4AF7-B617-4B80001E4B85.jpeg

This is how you do it.

41 minutes ago, wd40 said:

speculation:  it's not the ice cream, per se.  it's the fancy deco on the pie and the wine in a proper stemware that puts it at odds with this thread's themes.

side note:  mint ice cream and key lime pie?  that's fetish behavior, akin to orange juice and toothpaste.  all yours, bro.

The pie came straight out of a box so I had nothing to do with the fancy decoratin’  And to be honest, you are correct about the key lime pie / mint combo.  I had some concerns going in, but being on the second bottle of wine reduced the worries.  I should have known better.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1