Jim Jordan

Hank Kingsley

• 2 weeks later...
18 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Grownups don’t get involved in playground fights, Jimmie. Try growing up and behaving like an adult for a change.

Playground fights are fine until the 6-year-old kids start showing up with handguns in today's 'Murica, brought to you by the GQP

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 2

^

good point.  Jim obviously didn't game this out, or he did and maybe that was the point.

19 times outta 20, playground fights settle it once and for all and you move on, sometimes even become friends down the road.  

in modern America though the 20th kid gets an AR and shoots the other 19.  

5 hours ago, YGIFS said:

19 times outta 20, playground fights settle it once and for all and you move on, sometimes even become friends down the road.  

in modern America though the 20th kid gets an AR and shoots the other 19.  

Then we gotta arm the teachers and the other 19 kids, obv.  I'm sure we can get somebody to make a smaller AR-15 that fits their little digits and still has enough stopping power to blow a 60-pound bully's ribcage through his back.  Murka.  Murkaaaaa!!

Edited by TexArcher
  • Hook 'Em 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Gym's whistleblower, surprisingly, is goddamn liar. The flair is that it was in service to Project Veritas.

"Moore told the panel her department received a referral from the FBI’s Insider Threat Office, which had determined that O’Boyle had leaked information about a criminal investigation to Project Veritas that “compromised the case.”

Nadler and Plaskett alleged on Thursday that the September notification letter and Moore’s testimony “directly contradicts” O’Boyle’s explanation for being suspended, as well as his denials that he leaked information before his suspension.

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/4041546-dems-accuse-gops-fbi-witness-of-lying-to-congress-refer-matter-to-garland/

When will this nation's anti-conservative bias end?

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I am fairly certain Gym will be embarrassingly called as a witness, repeatedly if any of those go to trial.  And probably have some fun depositions, regardless.

But, I'm not sure under those circumstances, Gym can be liable for any of the abuse.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, TwiceHorn said:

Well, I am fairly certain Gym will be embarrassingly called as a witness, repeatedly if any of those go to trial.  And probably have some fun depositions, regardless.

But, I'm not sure under those circumstances, Gym can be liable for any of the abuse.

Doubt he'd be liable, but the fact that he's having to go up on the stand and will probably have to take the 5th at some point will piss him off.

1 hour ago, Gengs1 said:

THE Molest state University will settle it out of court and will move on, the sad reality 

The victims would have to accept it, and I've read some won't settle.

Among those employees mentioned in the complaints is Rep. Jim Jordan, R-Ohio, who was the assistant wrestling coach at Ohio State from 1986 to 1994 and who has been accused of failing to stop Strauss from sexually molesting the student-athletes he helped coach.

---

In the complaint to the Supreme Court, two former Ohio State wrestlers identified as John Doe 18 and John Doe 23 said Jordan was aware that the athletes referred to Strauss as "Dr. Cough."

The coaching staff showed “no concern despite the athletes’ frequent comments about genital exams,” the complaint states.

Also, when the wrestlers complained about Strauss and other strange men leering at them in the showers, Jordan and head coach Russ Hellickson told them to “pretend they were not there.”

“Because Coach Hellickson, Assistant Coach Jordan, and the athletic department treated Dr. Strauss’s behavior as acceptable, John Doe 23 believed there was nothing he could do to address his discomfort with Dr. Strauss,” the complaint states.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/supreme-court-rebuffs-osu-enables-remaining-sex-abuse-victims-sue-rcna87519

16 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

OK, surly lawyers, including @TwiceHorn.  If someone is aware of an ongoing pattern of criminal behavior, is there no culpability when they don't go to the authorities?

Possibly,  Depends on state law.  Very broadly speaking, there is no general duty to report crime.  Can't cover it up, that's aiding and abetting, but simple silence, no.

But, also dependent on state law, is the long-expired statute of limitations.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

230 incidents in 8 years?  What's college wrestling season, 5 months?  I'm not condoning not reporting, but you see something shady one time and decide, "I need to wait and validate this before taking it up the flag pole before I ruin somebody's reputation or license."  But Jim was basically learning of one new incident a day, a day, during season for 8 years and does nothing?  I guess complicity or complacency eventually kicks in.  How most abuse works.  

23 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

OK, surly lawyers, including @TwiceHorn.  If someone is aware of an ongoing pattern of criminal behavior, is there no culpability when they don't go to the authorities?

8 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Possibly,  Depends on state law.  Very broadly speaking, there is no general duty to report crime.  Can't cover it up, that's aiding and abetting, but simple silence, no.

But, also dependent on state law, is the long-expired statute of limitations.

What states are we talking about? Like say New Mexico in the 1990s.  And maybe Texas in more recent years.  Just curious.

Just now, atomheartbevo said:

What states are we talking about? Like say New Mexico in the 1990s.  And maybe Texas in more recent years.  Just curious.

I guess almost all of this is governed by Ohio law, since almost all of it happened in Ohio, afaik, more than 20 years ago.

According to the trial judge, the criminal statute in Ohio for this type of crime is 20 years and is expired.

But this is a suit under Title XI.  It's a civil suit, not criminal, and not a civil assault case, either, so not governed by the state statute of limitations, which is probably 2 or 3 years.  It's its own "critter," and apparently does not have a statute of limitations.

• 3 weeks later...

1) Threads is gaining some traction

2) Expect to see Gym Jordan's tweets (if there are any) promoted.

https://gizmodo.com/congress-subpoena-meta-content-moderation-jordan-1850648204

The U.S. House Judiciary Committee has issued an additional subpoena directing Meta to hand over documents surrounding content moderation on its newest app, Threads. The request was sent amid the ongoing investigation into policies on tech platforms including Google’s parent company, Alphabet, Amazon, Apple, and Microsoft.

In the letter, Jordan wrote: “Indeed, Threads raises serious, specific concerns because it has been marketed as a rival of Elon Musk’s Twitter, which has faced political persecution from the Biden Administration following Musk’s commitment to free speech.” However, he added: “In contrast, there are reports that Threads will enforce ‘Instagram’s community guidelines,’ which resulted in lawful speech being moderated following pressure by the government.”

Meta confirmed in an interview with Media Matters that it will not extend its existing fact-checking program to Threads and doesn’t have plans to manage misinformation on the app.

The lack of content moderation on Threads has already allowed misinformation to thrive, including false claims that the 2020 election was stolen, fake news about gender-affirming care, and Covid-19 vaccines. Users have also posted racist, antisemitic, and anti-immigration comments and videos on threads, including one of Fuentes using the N-word and claiming that “migrants make neighborhoods more dangerous” while asking, “Where is @Hitler?”

There are continued concerns that if Jordan were to prevail in his attempt to eliminate content moderation on social media, it would destroy years of effort between the government and social media companies to upend swirling misinformation online. The efforts reportedly included eliminating a barrage of election interference and voter suppression following the Russian involvement to spread disinformation during the 2016 presidential election.

Party of Small Government that doesn't understand the 1st Amendment.

And that looks forward to the Russians helping them out on social media.

• Rage+1 1

• 4 weeks later...

This will probably go nowhere, but love that somebody is doing it, it'll make Gym a little more disturbed than normal.

Hey Jim Jordan. I have more BAD NEWS for you today, you shameful coward. While the media is focused on Donald Trump being indicted in Georgia… …We have collected even more proof that you were involved.

Brace yourself JIM, this is bad for you. I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again, if Donald Trump is guilty then YOU belong in prison right along with him.

My team has already assembled evidence of all the times you tried to help overturn the election and tonight we’ve finally wrapped it up. It’s all here Jim. You picked up a bullhorn and you declared dangerous lies. That is why we are going to make sure prosecutors see this.

You are on notice, Jim. I’m going to keep holding you accountable for trying to destroy our Democracy - and I’m coming for your job, Jim.

You are a disgrace to the office you hold, and you are a traitor. Your dangerous actions have destabilized our country and you belong in prison.

I am embarrassed that you represent our district in Ohio. You have brought shame on our state and our country. I will not stand by and allow you to continue to undermine our democracy. I will fight you every step of the way.

My name is Tamie Wilson, and I’m the strong woman who is going to take you down.

• Hook 'Em 2

IMG_3429.gif.80df4890b4ed2e5ea78a733932f4da68.gif

unfortunetly he is actually not a digrace to his district nor the state of Ohio, but rather a perfect representative of its citizens, so sorry Tammie, its gonna take a bit than some treason to bring him down.

Edited by Horn Dog
  • Hook 'Em 3

• 4 weeks later...