Jim Jordan

Hank Kingsley

5 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

Five people now accusing Jordan. This will not end well 

Former UFC world champion Mark Coleman, who roomed with Jordan on several wrestling trips, also came forward Thursday, telling The Wall Street Journal that he thought there was “no way” Jordan didn’t know about the abuse.

“There’s no way unless he’s got dementia or something that he’s got no recollection of what was going on at Ohio State,” Coleman told the Journal. “I have nothing but respect for this man, I love this man, but he knew as far as I’m concerned.”

Just now, Brian Fantana said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1983_Congressional_page_sex_scandal

He was gay and was involved in a (inappropriate, but not illegal) relationship with a 17 year old male. You can put two and two together on why he thinks these two situations are the same thing.

So not on the level of the pederast Republican Speaker of the House?

He has sex with an underaged boy and didn't understand why that was wrong. The larger point is that he still got reelected several times by his liberal constituents and his party gave him an important committee chairmanship..

Studds admitted what he did and all of a sudden 20 years down the road, wrestlers, some with questionable backgrounds and motives start this stuff about Jordan.

Studds is worse until the allegations against Jordan are proven true.

• Fuck You 1

A 40 something man with a 17 year old subordinate is pretty creepy. In most fields you'd lose your job for that, although the early 80s were a different time. I personally wouldn't be lining up to defend him.

3 minutes ago, realgreggym said:

He has sex with an underaged boy and didn't understand why that was wrong. The larger point is that he still got reelected several times by his liberal constituents and his party gave him an important committee chairmanship..

Studds admitted what he did and all of a sudden 20 years down the road, wrestlers, some with questionable backgrounds and motives start this stuff about Jordan.

17 is not underage for sex, even in Texas. Creepy, but not illegal, as has been repeatedly stated. 

11 minutes ago, realgreggym said:

The problem with your argument is that 17 is not underage. 

9 minutes ago, realgreggym said:

What do you mean start? He acted like a shithead years ago, nothing happened recently.  If YOU think studds should not have had legal sex in a May December relationship, ok that’s on you. But to excuse Jordan’s behavior bc he was ... on your team? Why excuse it? Wouldn’t a normal moral person find the former a bit creepy and the latter a dereliction of ethics and normal decency? Please explain why Jordan’s behavior should go unpunished now. 

9 minutes ago, achooloco said:

What do you mean start? He acted like a shithead years ago, nothing happened recently.  If YOU think studds should not have had legal sex in a May December relationship, ok that’s on you. But to excuse Jordan’s behavior bc he was ... on your team? Why excuse it? Wouldn’t a normal moral person find the former a bit creepy and the latter a dereliction of ethics and normal decency? Please explain why Jordan’s behavior should go unpunished now. 

Well you see, what you must understand is that because "both sides," we should just go ahead and give Jordan a pass.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, realgreggym said:

How will you determine this?

Because, you know, Jordan has denied it, so what else can you do at this point, right?

25 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

The problem with your argument is that 17 is not underage. 

You are correct but it was still inappropriate and he had no idea why. The larger point is that he continued to get reelected by his constituents..

5 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

He should have.

See how easy that was for me to say? You try it re: your boy now.

If Jordan is guilty of the allegations, he should suffer the appropriate consequences. I have always said that going back to Packwood.

4 minutes ago, realgreggym said:

You are correct but it was still inappropriate and he had no idea why. The larger point is that he continued to get reelected by his constituents..

You aren’t making a point. Your both sides trolling. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, DDD Dad said:

Well you see, what you must understand is that because "both sides," we should just go ahead and give Jordan a pass.

I am not giving any one a pass and never have given a pass to anyone on my side of the aisle. If they did something wrong, there should be consequences and as I said earlier, I have been saying that since Packwood.

1 minute ago, realgreggym said:

I am not giving any one a pass and never have given a pass to anyone on my side of the aisle. If they did something wrong, there should be consequences and as I said earlier, I have been saying that since Packwood.

Gary Johnson voter?

5 minutes ago, realgreggym said:

Tahoe, you need to consider shedding the entire concept of "my side of the aisle."  Once you do you can free your mind to think for yourself.  It's quite liberating.

3 minutes ago, DDD Dad said:

Tahoe, you need to consider shedding the entire concept of "my side of the aisle."  Once you do you can free your mind to think for yourself.  It's quite liberating.

I'm not Tahoe but I will consider your comment right after you find a cure for Trump Derangement Syndrome. 

I have been thinking for myself for decades.

• Fuck You 1

no, been voting republican since Nixon. But if someone on my side of the aisle does something illegal, there should be consequences.

Straight ticket?  Good to see you think for yourself.

1 minute ago, yaqdum said:

whoa.  this 'greg' guy is circling the drain.  see how hard he's working?

greg.

say, what's the name of that guy who uses greg davis?

greggym is a long time poster on the basketball boards, mainly, for most ut sites since the 90's. IIRC.

What usernames did you use in the past?

2 minutes ago, yaqdum said:

whoa.  this 'greg' guy is circling the drain.  see how hard he's working?

greg.

say, what's the name of that guy who uses greg davis?

Not working hard at all. I am just trying to show posters some courtesy by answering them. I have no idea what the rest of your rambling is.

2 hours ago, High Plains Drifter said:

Tnis was on Fox News at my regular breakfast joint (sound was off). On the graphic, they forgot to put the "R" next to his name. Weird.

That's actually an improvement over their usual practice of falsely labeling R sex scandal perps as Dems

oreilly-foley-d-1.jpg

fnc-20090624-sanford.jpg

1 minute ago, zork said:

greggym is a long time poster on the basketball boards, mainly, for most ut sites since the 90's. IIRC.

What usernames did you use in the past?

zork, for some reason, my username didn't work here so I just made a minor change to be able to sign in. Greggym is the only username that I have ever used.

4 minutes ago, realgreggym said:

zork, for some reason, my username didn't work here so I just made a minor change to be able to sign in. Greggym is the only username that I have ever used.

yes.   I don't want to diminish your contributions in the CR on the various Israeli threads over the years either but mainly I remember your basketball stuff.

Edited by zork

That just means that I have a lot of experience on this subject matter.

Maybe this fall you might consider researching each candidate on his or her merits rather than pulling a straight party line.  You know, pick the best candidate for the position rather than blindly vote by party.

Edited by DDD Dad

16 minutes ago, zork said:

yes.   I don't want to diminish your contributions in the CR on the various Israeli threads over the years either but mainly I remember your basketball stuff.

Thanks. I mainly post on bball stuff. Its much safer. lol