Who SHOULD be the next Ballon D’Or winner?

JNip

Who should win Ballon D’Or in 2018?   

23 members have voted

1. 1. Who should be the next Ballon D’Or winner?

• Cristiano Ronaldo
    • Lionel Messi
    • Mo Salah
    • Antoine Griezmann
    • Harry Kane
    • Kevin De Bruyne
    • Edin Hazard
    • Luka Modric
    • Other

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/22/18 at 10:08 AM

This is a question that should be asked next Sunday evening but I’m also interested in seeing if anyone changes their mind in a week. 

Before the World Cup, I thought that Cristiano was the leader but now I’m starting to lean with Luka Modric. Luka was probably the most consistent player for RM and he may be the best player during the World Cup. 

Edited by JNip

I think with Messi and CR7 starting to age we will see a few new names consistently considered but my pick is Griezman. So happy to see him stay with the team I root for and he just seems to get better as he gets more experience

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, Firemans4Horn said:

I think if Salah scored and won the CL that he would be the guy. Obviously that didn’t happen so CR7 with his 3rd CL in 3 years, bicycle kick against Juve, and hat trick against Spain in the WC are enough to win it. 

Unless Griezmann or H. Kane go off the next two game and start the league strongly in the fall, I think that it goes to CR7.

Messi won two trophies this year, but Ronaldo never had an important match as pitiful as Messi vs Croatia. His (lack of) effort in that match was atrocious, something that you'd see from a 19 year-old, not the captain of a World Cup team.

There is also the photo op of Ronaldo helping Cavani off of the field that is borderline iconic, though we know that he was just trying to get the match moving along, because Portugal was behind and the game was winding down.

If Captain Kane lifts the Cup, and especially if he wins the Golden Boot and/or the Golden Ball, then he will win the Ballon d'Or aussi, but it would take something amazing in the last two matches for Griezmann to win it. 

Neymar won't be invited to the ceremony. He missed most of this calendar year with his club and he was outshone by his club mate in Russia, even when he wasn't rolling on the ground.

With a couple more strong matches, Lukaku and/or Modric could find themselves invited to the ceremony.

• 1 month later...

Salah imo...dont think they can fault him for injury in CL final and playing for Egypt

Ronaldo and Messi failed in the WC for what was expected of them. Ronaldo will probably win on that amazing Spain game but i play devils advocate for Mo.

Without injury maybe Liverpool win and egypt gets past group

• 4 years later...